Gabe Carimi 'light years from where he was'

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
I'll believe it when I see it.

"I'll see it when I believe it."

I think that Gabe's "ship has sailed..taken on water.....and sunk......" He's gonna have to show up at TC as The Incredible Hulk to make the 53.....

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I wish everyone would leave Gabe alone until training camp. C'mon, most of the issue last year was the loss of strength due to rehab from the injury. Before the injury he was one of the few bright spots on the the OL. ONly time will tell if he is makin the right choice by skipping OTA's and doing it his way. If his strength is back to were it was and his form is back were it was, maybe just maybe he will be a bright spot.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Just don't see it, he looked just as bad before the injury.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You do realize, he was injured in the 1st half of the first game of his career, don't you?

winterwarz

He was injured in college which begs the question: why was he even drafted? He was much more of a reach than Long. I'd rather have an inexperienced guy with tremendous potential than an injury case who filled a need at the time.

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
I hope so, I thought he was going to be the best tackle in the first round that year. I'd hate for him to make me feel like I'm not a perfect being of pure football knowledge.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anybody know who else (within the NFL ranks) trains at Bentley's academy,if anyone?

Actually Webb spends alot of time there, heard they have a killer " all you can eat" Taco Bar.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
He was injured in college which begs the question: why was he even drafted? He was much more of a reach than Long. I'd rather have an inexperienced guy with tremendous potential than an injury case who filled a need at the time.

God, can people be so dumb??

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, its a relief at least to know that he isn't sulking down there and really is busting his ass to get back.

We'll see. But shit, imagine it works for him... Bears could actually have somewhat of a logjam on the OL.

A Logjam of mediocrity, but any logjam is better than none.

winterwarz

God, can people be so dumb??

He didn't have an injury history prior to being drafted? Set me straight, guy. I'm dumb. I'm not saying that he shouldn't have been drafted period, but the Bears shouldn't be taking guys with injury concerns with such high picks.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I was never under the impression he was slacking or fucking off down in AZ. I'd imagine Bentley's academy is a world class place to learn and train. Glad to see he's hit all the benchmarks thus far. Hope it does translate. Kudos for posting the whole thing.

Me neither but I just don't see how much he's going to get better in a few weeks after an entire off season. Out of sight, out of mind. That said. it won't matter much until they put on the pads and I'm rooting for him. While I'd rather have him in camp whenever possible, I'm still rooting for him to find a spot and fulfill his potential. I'd love to see him at G next to Webb with Long on the other side pass protecting and pulling.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Possibly because if you put restrictions on college injuries you'll miss a lot of quality players. IIRC, his college injuries weren't considered long term problems.

Liked Posts:

No he didn't. Though he has some God awful form & footwork, he still maintained almost all of his assignments & managed to allow three QB hurries over the course of a game and a half, no sacks. For a rookie that's not bad.

Some guys may not be pretty in how they do things, but at the end of the day it's what gets accomplished not how ya look doing it. Right now Webb seems to be the obvious favorite, but if Carimis knee is 100% I really would like to see him compete for the RT position. If Carimi could even be adequate & come close to ranking in the middle of the pack, for better or worse by a ranking or two, & maintain or better his run blocking abilities, I think he'd be a nasty RT. Carimi did prove that he can run block in a down year & for me that's the number one skill I hope to see from a RT. If he could come close to replicating his play from the 2012 Texans game where he was by far the best offensive lineman on the field for either team that night, which his critics like to ignore in favor of the 49ers game, he could be a mainstay at RT, if healthy. One thing that scouts did like on Carimis scouting report was his overall work ethic. He does have a rep as one who works his but off at anything he does. I just hope a knee injury isn't too much to overcome in the amount of time he'll likely get from this coaching staff to get it right.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Anyone find it somewhat ironic that Carimi is being trained by a guy who's NFL career ended due to a knee injury?