Game 1 IGT: Chicago Blackhawks @ Nashville Predators April 15th at 7:30 p.m.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Something is definitely wrong with you.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ban me? I'm having a blast. You're not? Is this a private little get together?

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Believe in the Wolfie.... ;) I saw a comeback coming... wasn't expecting what I saw tonight, but I saw it coming. The true fans have seen this out of the Hawks before. Something sparks these things, and today, it was by benching Crow.

I'm glad you spoke up to those fans about not changing it....

I had to leave after the horrendous first period for a few hours - obligation I couldn't get out of - so I DVRd the rest of the game. When I got back home two hours later, I was tempted to go to NHLN and find out the score, but instead, I decided to watch the game on my DVR and see what happened, and boy, am glad I did.

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
:elephant: :X :elephant:

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
What the fuck is going on in here?

Can anybody tell me which stations the playoffs will be aired on, besides the dedicated NHL channels and local affiliates? I know the USA network is one...

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Can anybody tell me which stations the playoffs will be aired on, besides the dedicated NHL channels and local affiliates? I know the USA network is one...

In the USA:

NBC will have weekend games and (probably) most of the Cup finals.
NBCSN will have games nightly and (probably) some of the Cup finals.
NHLN will be showing games.
USAN will be showing games.
CNBC has shown games in the past (not sure if USAN has replaced CNBC)

USAN will probably only show games in the first round, and possibly if there are games playing/scheduled at the same time in the second round.
NHLN will show the start of a game, if another earlier game on NBCSN goes into OT and it overlaps into the next scheduled game on NBCSN.
Most of the second and third round games will be on NBCSN (and NBC will show weekend games of these rounds, also).
NHLN may show some of the second round games.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
In the USA:

NBC will have weekend games and (probably) most of the Cup finals.
NBCSN will have games nightly and (probably) some of the Cup finals.
NHLN will be showing games.
USAN will be showing games.
CNBC has shown games in the past (not sure if USAN has replaced CNBC)

USAN will probably only show games in the first round, and possibly if there are games playing/scheduled at the same time in the second round.
NHLN will show the start of a game, if another earlier game on NBCSN goes into OT and it overlaps into the next scheduled game on NBCSN.
Most of the second and third round games will be on NBCSN (and NBC will show weekend games of these rounds, also).
NHLN may show some of the second round games.

Tits. Thanks, Mickey.
:beer:

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Is that what happened?

For the first period, absolutely. Pulling Crawford definitely lit a spark and everyone finally decided to turn the playoff hockey switch from "Nah" to "Oh shit! Go time!"

And just in case you're scoring at home.... I also said this to DMelt and well....

Don't worry, my man. You know your boy Jos is going to turn that shitty movie off. I got the gif on standby.

R-E-L-A-X

Ralpf

Liked Posts:

I take it you had the same problem I did...Get home turn on the game and it's soccer...

Took me a while to find it, on a channel that the guide had listed as something else (another games post game show).

Oh well, saw the 3rd period and overtime.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I had to leave after the horrendous first period for a few hours - obligation I couldn't get out of - so I DVRd the rest of the game. When I got back home two hours later, I was tempted to go to NHLN and find out the score, but instead, I decided to watch the game on my DVR and see what happened, and boy, am glad I did.

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
:elephant: :X :elephant:

Don't say that. Now The Hawk is going to call you a bandwagon fan.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:

How's your little one doing? BTW don't lie to us and say you are at a bar. I don't know of any bar that lets 12 year olds in at night.

Also how dare you accuse me of jumping ship. I watch every Hawks game from start to finish. Just because I said "This is a disaster" doesn't mean I gave up and stopped watching. Do you want me to be happy they played like garbage in the 1st period?

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Also I love how you're kissing Q's ass. You know, the same guy who continues to play Rosy even if it costs us at least a goal every game. I love Q, but Darling and the Power Play unit are the reason we won the game, not Q.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I'm in favor of banning The Hawk. Especially when he takes up an entire page with replying to each and every post, when he could easily multi-quote.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Also I love how you're kissing Q's ass. You know, the same guy who continues to play Rosy even if it costs us at least a goal every game. I love Q, but Darling and the Power Play unit are the reason we won the game, not Q.

So Playing Rundblad wouldn't cost the team a goal a game? Playing Rookie who looked lost on an NHL level in Paliotta wouldn't do the same? Playing just 4 Dmen wouldn't cost the team the same? It's not possible to be avoided.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Rozsival doesn't cost them a goal a game. Thats pathetic.

The first 2 goals he was on the ice for - were shitty goals to go in. Plain and simple. I don't care if it was Hjarll or Seabrook on that side. Colin fucking Wilson isn't Ovechkin and it was a flutter wrist shot from the faceoff dot that beat him clean. Terrible goal...but yeah, Roszival's fault.

"Oh, but he tackled a guy and no call!" wah. So did Keith in OT. So what?

He's paired with Keith at times while Timonen was paired with Seabrook at times. It's done to hide their minutes more on the road when the visiting team doesn't get last change. It would be a home team advantage to put their top line vs Roszy/Timmonen pairing. Guess what geniuses - every team has a 5/6 Dmen that teams would take advantage of a matchup. But if either Keith, Seabrook or Hjall/Oduya pairing are out there ...now their coach has to make a change. That's why a smart coach that knows what he's doing and values mathups...mixes pairs up like that.

AND....if/when necessary...Q can pull only 1 dman off (Roszy/Kimmo) to get someone else on there on the fly. In case anyone didn't know...it's easier to change 1 dman on the fly than 2 - if they don't like the matchup.

There were several times last nite Keith was with Hjall and Seabrook with Oduya.

Yes, Roszival is slow. But he's decent/willing shot blocker, much stronger/more physical - willing to be hit and give a hit along the walls and around the net, than Runblad or Cuminsky would ever be. At this time, the Hawks would rather have that experience/physicality over skating or speed. They feel they have enough of those things in that game.

Hjarll got beat on plays going to the net. Keith did too. Every Dman is going to have a shot on net happen against them.

It's amazing. Lines didn't get shuffled as some wanted. Roszy was even on the ice for the GWG - still paired with Keith. And the Hawks won. If not for Crawford's horrible play behind his own net....Roszy would have ended the game Even - which is what you want from your 5/6 Dmen.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
Desjardins was traded here for a reason.

Is not like Van Riemsdyk can't learn.... Bring him in. Its not like either one is worse than Rundblad or Rosebud. (Rozy)

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Desjardins was traded here for a reason.

Is not like Van Riemsdyk can't learn.... Bring him in. Its not like either one is worse than Rundblad or Rosebud. (Rozy)

You know he's out with a broken wrist or something like that, right? He got hurt again only a couple weeks after playing again in Rockford

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Yeah...put Desjardins at D. Smart.

Or TVR with a broken wrist, ok.

And Q is the idiot.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
So Playing Rundblad wouldn't cost the team a goal a game? Playing Rookie who looked lost on an NHL level in Paliotta wouldn't do the same? Playing just 4 Dmen wouldn't cost the team the same? It's not possible to be avoided.

Cumiskey may very well be in on Friday after the way Rozsival looked.... And the Hawks pretty much ran with 4 D in the second and the third. Timonen played less than 12 minutes. Rozsival played 19 minutes in a double OT game.

Unfortunately, the Hawks' options back there for 5/6 are pretty awful. Probably should have used those draft picks at the trade deadline for defense that can actually play. Timonen...man. I hope he can get better as the playoffs continue.

Keith is superhuman, thankfully, and can play 30 minutes a night.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Desjardins was traded here for 1) Forward depth 2) Salary relief. SJ picked up half of his cap hit the remainder of the year and he's a FA next year. Smith was due 1.5mil next year which would have sucked.