Not open for further replies.

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
Whew, OK, not going to have a heart attack.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
[video=youtube;oUoJts-mjGA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUoJts-mjGA[/video]

Tie game bitches.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Yessssss!

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
How comfortable is the ultimate goaltender Rask now?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Now KEEP taking it to them.....

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
No, no, no, and hell no. The Kings were a considerably more physical and larger team. Hawks stuck with the more skilled line up and won the series. You put your best line up out there and play your own game. YOU DO NOT PLAY THE OTHER TEAMS GAME. That is a big reason why you lose game 1 at home like the Hawks are about to do.

Wouldn't that mean that keeping Stalberg in would make more sense than putting in Smith? If we're going to predicate our game on speed against a more physical team Stalberg would be the obvious choice regardless of his poor play over the last two series. Additionally, it isn't as though it was a straight Stalberg for Bollig swap. Saad got promoted (replacing Stalberg) and Bollig took Saads spot on the 4th line. Bollig can play the kill and enforce, I'm not entirely sure Smith can play the kill and he definitely isn't going to go out there and be a physical presence like Bollig.

Edit: I actually would have liked bringing in Jimmy Hayes to play on the 4th line. Huge dude, can score a bit, but just hasn't proven he can see the game enough to crack the lineup.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
How comfortable is the ultimate goaltender Rask now?

THANK YOU!

Hope the talk dies down about how we have no chance......same as with Quick.

They're good. We're better.

Franko725

Liked Posts:
Wouldn't that mean that keeping Stalberg in would make more sense than putting in Smith? If we're going to predicate our game on speed against a more physical team Stalberg would be the obvious choice regardless of his poor play over the last two series. Additionally, it isn't as though it was a straight Stalberg for Bollig swap. Saad got promoted (replacing Stalberg) and Bollig took Saads spot on the 4th line. Bollig can play the kill and enforce, I'm not entirely sure Smith can play the kill and he definitely isn't going to go out there and be a physical presence like Bollig.

I don't think you will ever find a post where I have said that Stalberg should be benched, although I am an admitted Stalberg fanboy. All I am saying is that IF you are going to bring in someone to replace him, Smith is the better alternative.

I could be wrong, but I do not recall Bollig playing a shift on the PK the entire season.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I don't think you will ever find a post where I have said that Stalberg should be benched, although I am an admitted Stalberg fanboy. All I am saying is that IF you are going to bring in someone to replace him, Smith is the better alternative.

I could be wrong, but I do not recall Bollig playing a shift on the PK the entire season.

I love Stalberg too. The guy is entirely too fast for his size (one of my only beefs with him is that he doesn't use his size well). But, again, Saad replaced Stalberg, Bollig replaced Saad...it wasn't a Stalberg to Bollig substitution. And yes, Bollig plays the kill; not so much this year, but when he was on the roster last season he was on the 2nd unit PK.

Franko725

Liked Posts:
the original saad,toews,hossa line from regular season looks amazing

Yeah, kind of amazing how good a line Q can put together when he goes back to what was the best line ALL FUCKING SEASON!!

Franko725

Liked Posts:
Dear Hawks,

Please win this in regulation, as I really do not want to be up all night.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.