Game 1 Stanley Cup Finals Bruins at Blackhawks 6/12/13 7 PM CT

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Franko725

Liked Posts:
So, I was thinking, if Stalberg is going to sit, wouldn't Montador be a better option than Bollig? At least he would provide a threat on the PP from the point.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I hope to god we don't lose Bickell this offseason. He may demand a pretty high contract after the year/playoffs he's played.

Gravis

Bears/Bulls/Hawks by 400
Liked Posts:
I could pass a kidney stone smoother than this team.

Tampabear

Liked Posts:
it's OK. We apply better pressure at even strength.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So, I was thinking, if Stalberg is going to sit, wouldn't Montador be a better option than Bollig? At least he would provide a threat on the PP from the point.

Bollig plays LW/C...Montador is a D man. Unless you plan on playing 7 D and be short a forward...

Franko725

Liked Posts:
I hope to god we don't lose Bickell this offseason. He may demand a pretty high contract after the year/playoffs he's played.

I have an odd feeling that he might give a nice hometown discount to stay. Just a hunch.

Franko725

Liked Posts:
Bollig plays LW/C...Montador is a D man. Unless you plan on playing 7 D and be short a forward...

Wouldn't be the first time that they used a defenseman at one of the wings. See John Scott for instance.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I have an odd feeling that he might give a nice hometown discount to stay. Just a hunch.

We can hope. He's easily our most skilled big man (not that we have too many big guys anyway). I still can't believe Boston got Lucic at 50th overall; I would kill for a guy of that size/skill level.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Wouldn't be the first time that they used a defenseman at one of the wings. See John Scott for instance.

Scott was just out there to kick ass though, not really make any real hockey contribution...he didn't do anything else but fight. Byfuglien would have been a better example, except we actually converted him to wing for over a year rather than just plugging him up front in the finals.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Period 3: Need better passes! Way off the mark, time and time again.

Tie this at 2 and Rask is no longer "other-worldly" as some believe.

And for God's sake, don't give up a 3rd goal.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Q played Monty a few games on 4th line wing, he was there the game he got set back.

Hendry also got some wing time in 10-11

Sent from Neverwhere using Taptalk

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Montador is a stiff who's exactly where he needs to be...outta sight. He couldnt hold down a spot when the Hawks were bad. That was one seriously inept FA signing, bordering on Huetlike ineptness.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
This is a GAME thread.

Free agency talk can wait until after we hoist the cup.

Thank you.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
OK...fret if you need to.

As for me, I will enjoy the Stanley Cup run. :)

Franko725

Liked Posts:
Yeah, hadn't thought about it today until I read it elsewhere, but why Bollig over Ben Smith? I know why, because Q is trying to prove how "smart" he is again....

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yeah, hadn't thought about it today until I read it elsewhere, but why Bollig over Ben Smith? I know why, because Q is trying to prove how "smart" he is again....

No, it's because we're playing a considerably more physical and larger team...so getting another big body out there to give our physical game a boost is a pretty standard move across the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.