Game 3 IGT: Bulls (1) at Philadelphia 76ers 5/4 7:00 PM CT on CSN Chicago/ESPN 2

Who wins pivotal Game 3 of this series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamfan

Twitter: @jamfan41
Liked Posts:
Per @KCJHoop: X-rays on Joakim Noah's ankle negative, but #Bulls haven't ruled out a fracture, per 2 sources. trib.in/IKLUfo

:rolling::rolling::rolling:

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Which is exactly why you go with the next guy down. You know, the guy who can actually see OVER some players, takes better angles off picks, & runs an actual offense. He was signed for the rest of the season for times like this. For heaven's sake, use the guy. What the hell can it hurt? I'm just so damned sick & tired of watching the Turd dribble 17-20 secs off the shot clock then tossing it to a teammate who's in the worst possible position to score the ball!

You are doing the same thing to Lucas that people did to Boozer last year. You stood up for Boozer...but at the end of the day, Lucas is who he is. And I have a feeling James is too. I don't expect James to do much. The team needs a go-to-guy. Someone who can create a shot for himself in halfcourt offense. This team had one guy and he is out for the playoffs.

So when I talk up superstars or star players, THIS is the exact situation i had in mind. The Bulls have a championship defense and a mediocre (at best) offense. It is what it is.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
You are doing the same thing to Lucas that people did to Boozer last year. You stood up for Boozer...but at the end of the day, Lucas is who he is. And I have a feeling James is too. I don't expect James to do much. The team needs a go-to-guy. Someone who can create a shot for himself in halfcourt offense. This team had one guy and he is out for the playoffs.

So when I talk up superstars or star players, THIS is the exact situation i had in mind. The Bulls have a championship defense and a mediocre (at best) offense. It is what it is.

I'm not talking about for next season or beyond. I'm talking about this series, RIGHT NOW. TODAY. To help win THIS GAME tonight, what is the harm in putting in Mike James? That's the question (not what does this team need to win a championship this season or beyond?) The answer is none. Why has Thibs not done it? No clue. He sat Brewer tonight. Does anyone know why? This is your best perimeter defender riding the pine for 48 minutes! Why? Was his D truly that horrible in 2 games that you go to an inexperienced rookie? Ronnie has barely played this whole series for cryin' out loud. I'm just baffled at some of the things Thibs has done in this series.

Deng Defense Force

Liked Posts:
Good job JamFan.

You're doing the whole time travel thing wrong.

You're supposed to travel back in time and vote the for winning team in the poll before the game.
Not vote for the winning team after the game is over. :obama:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The basketball gods have determined that Bulls be cursed for the next year. First Rose and now Noah? Wtf...and I got really scared about Gibson for a moment as well. Next year we may very well be playing with the bench mob as starters when Rip and Boozer and Deng get their annual injuries.

On the bright side...Philly shot like 34% for the game. The only 3 they made was that BS lucky shot by Hawes at the end of the shot clock. And at least Boozer and Hamilton showed a degree of aggressiveness. I guess you could say Boozer's 18 points were meh, but honestly we need all the scoring we can get. He got near 20 and 10 today...I'll take that from him. Hamilton managed to somewhat offset his garbage shooting with 12 trips to the line. He was definitely showing some confidence in his shots...but none of them went down. Tough, but if he makes 44-50% of his shots like he usually does, it would have been an entirely different game.

The bad...we also shot like crap. Fouled way too many times. 17 TOs...and the list goes on and on and on. I'll give credit to Hamilton for at least trying to be the go to guy.

Also what was the deal with barely playing Korver and not playing Brewer at all? That confused me. Though I guess with the 76ers back cout being full of scorers you don't really want Korver out there too much. He was pretty cold too when he was out there so meh.

I thought we'd still win this series without Rose...but now after watching 2 straight games of garbage offense and now losing Noah...I see no reason why we won't lose the rest of the games. Sad to say, but without any offense being generated (and that includes JL3s dribble 20 seconds off the shot clock then create a bad shot) we're just flat out going to get destroyed.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I'm not talking about for next season or beyond. I'm talking about this series, RIGHT NOW. TODAY. To help win THIS GAME tonight, what is the harm in putting in Mike James? That's the question (not what does this team need to win a championship this season or beyond?) The answer is none. Why has Thibs not done it? No clue. He sat Brewer tonight. Does anyone know why? This is your best perimeter defender riding the pine for 48 minutes! Why? Was his D truly that horrible in 2 games that you go to an inexperienced rookie? Ronnie has barely played this whole series for cryin' out loud. I'm just baffled at some of the things Thibs has done in this series.

The Brewer thing was already answered in this thread...he sucks offensively. Defense was not the Bulls' problem, it was not being able to score down the stretch. When a team beats you and barely scores 80 points, You don't sacrifice a Hamilton for Brewer...he has been awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.