Game 4 IGT: Predators @ Blackhawks 4/21 at 8:30 p.m.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Gotta do the 8:30 start on a weekday, then they will probably flex the weekend games to like 11am.... its like Bigfoot is doing the gametime scheduling

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bringing kids to a game that starts at 8:30 knowing it's over late without OT could be considered irresponsible, I'm sure some of the early departures were parents with kids that had to be in class.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I mean...I feel dead right now and I didn't have to deal with driving home from the game and stuff. I can't blame some people for leaving...

TCD

Liked Posts:
Remember there's 3 other games going on in the same day... lol

That's why I said television is gunna television.

But we live in a time now where networks own more than one station. I don't know what they do in the States but up here when games overlap (which they always do) the network that has the rights to the games (sportsnet in this case) will play both at the same time on the different stations they own and operate (sportsnet main and sportsnet 360 or one of the other 2 stations they own). Not going to effect ratings or advertising dollars by spliting viewership when you own every station the games are televised on anyways. Wings fans gunna watch the wings game and hawk fans gunna watch the hawks game as it all goes into one giant money pool in the end.

I think the league is backwards when it comes to modern televising and how people watch games anyways although getting better. I would guess a good 20% if not higher of viewership now is on devices and online streaming the rest are tuning into the same network that has the rights to the game no matter what station they are on.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I'm not going to lie, I feel asleep several times last night and woke up just after seabrook scored saw the replay feel back asleep, didn't even realize it was triple OT, thought it was the first one because I was awake for the game to go into OT...

TCD

Liked Posts:
I'm not going to lie, I feel asleep several times last night and woke up just after seabrook scored saw the replay feel back asleep, didn't even realize it was triple OT, thought it was the first one because I was awake for the game to go into OT...

Wagon jumper.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bringing kids to a game that starts at 8:30 knowing it's over late without OT could be considered irresponsible, I'm sure some of the early departures were parents with kids that had to be in class.

Letting Bigfoot do the gametime scheduling is irresponsible at best....

18910faf67bbc9787f42deed5ac21e15.jpeg

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Tuesday's triple-OT game isn't a rarity for the Blackhawks. The team has appeared in the last three instances of playoff triple overtime games.

I was thinking they've had a lot of 3OT games lately.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Game 1 of the Final in '13 was a butt clencher. I remember being in my seat wondering if the night was ever going to end. When the Hawks (Shaw) scored, you could tell the cheers were lethargic.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
With Q behind the bench the Hawks are 20 and 12 in OT playoff hockey

Adun

Liked Posts:

But we live in a time now where networks own more than one station. I don't know what they do in the States but up here when games overlap (which they always do) the network that has the rights to the games (sportsnet in this case) will play both at the same time on the different stations they own and operate (sportsnet main and sportsnet 360 or one of the other 2 stations they own). Not going to effect ratings or advertising dollars by spliting viewership when you own every station the games are televised on anyways. Wings fans gunna watch the wings game and hawk fans gunna watch the hawks game as it all goes into one giant money pool in the end.

I think the league is backwards when it comes to modern televising and how people watch games anyways although getting better. I would guess a good 20% if not higher of viewership now is on devices and online streaming the rest are tuning into the same network that has the rights to the game no matter what station they are on.

The networks want the Wings and Hawks fans to watch the Wings game first, then the Hawks fans and some Wings fans watch the Hawks game. That's more viewership, more money

Adun

Liked Posts:
Anyway, best takeaway from last night: Versteeg was demoted to third line and after a couple shifts to fourth line :fist pump

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Anyway, best takeaway from last night: Versteeg was demoted to third line and after a couple shifts to fourth line :fist pump

Maybe if he stopped shooting the fucking puck into the netting every time he shoots..... and if he stopped trying to be Patrick Kane stickhandling around erbody.... he does much better when he just plays to his own game.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Maybe if he stopped shooting the fucking puck into the netting every time he shoots..... and if he stopped trying to be Patrick Kane stickhandling around erbody.... he does much better when he just plays to his own game.

I'll that jabroni know what you said today. Meanwhile for you
giphy.gif

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'll that jabroni know what you said today. Meanwhile for you
giphy.gif

Bigfoot I am proud of you.... cept for your scheduling of the game times.... stick to deer spearing plz

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

But we live in a time now where networks own more than one station. I don't know what they do in the States but up here when games overlap (which they always do) the network that has the rights to the games (sportsnet in this case) will play both at the same time on the different stations they own and operate (sportsnet main and sportsnet 360 or one of the other 2 stations they own).

Games are on NBC and its affiliates: NBC, NBCSN, CNBC, USA Network and NHLN. If two games are scheduled back-to-back on the same channel (NBCS for example), if game 1 goes into OT, and overlaps into game 2, game 2 will be shown on the NHLN, until the 1st game ends, then game 2 will resume on NBCS. Not sure if NHLN is an NBC affiliate, but NBCS and CNBC are, and I believe USAN is, too.

Reactions: TCD