Game 4 IGT: Predators @ Blackhawks 4/21 at 8:30 p.m.

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
It'd be great to go back to Nashville up 3-1, I expect the Preds to be strong coming out of the gate like game 1 and try to keep the Hawks pinned in their own zone, and hit hard.. hope the Hawks stay focused, and stay out of the box and keep the turn overs down..

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
We need to put the strangle hold on tonight. We can not go back to Nashville tied. The Hawks need rest. After this round we'll have to play a REAL team.

Also, Rosivial needs to be benched.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why do I say anything on the internet...

cuz you're a glutton for punishment!

stopwhining.gif

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well....we are Rozy fans tonight!! Enjoy cuz this can't go on forever.

A longer term switch to Darling is his for the taking. Its one of those situations you fear turns into indecision when Darling gets roughed up in the second round.

I have no doubt Crawford will get his chance before the playoffs are over. Its fun while it lasts, and maybe Darling has some legitimate Mojo he has been building all season. Bunch of shut-outs with both clubs this year. He is young and hungry for sure, and while forcing your way onto the ice ahead of a 5,000,000 goaltender is unheard of, there is a chance it helps us get a couple teams to sniff a trade for Crawford, which would allow us to keep Sharp and/or Bickell, and make things easier regarding free agents.

It seems like 2015 is a locker room full of old men replacements, just holding the bench warm long enough for a huge crop of youth. We are prepared for this contract hell, that is for sure.

But like I said, somebody taking Bickell and/or Crawford contracts (i like the players) off our hands would really ease some things.

So...Sharp is gone no matter what and we get nothing? Is that how that is going to work?

Variable

Liked Posts:
It's not unheard of, Niemi did it here a few years ago. The thing people have to eventually realize is that the talent gap between most goalies at the NHL level isn't really as large as they think it is. But there is only room for 30 starters in the NHL, you HAVE to believe there are more than 30 NHL caliber goalies bouncing around out there between being the back up, stuck in the AHL, overseas, etc. The real difference between goalies is opportunity. That's really about it.

TCD

Liked Posts:
Qs lines are wrong

Saad sucks

Vermette is boring

That covers everything pre game

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's not unheard of, Niemi did it here a few years ago. The thing people have to eventually realize is that the talent gap between most goalies at the NHL level isn't really as large as they think it is. But there is only room for 30 starters in the NHL, you HAVE to believe there are more than 30 NHL caliber goalies bouncing around out there between being the back up, stuck in the AHL, overseas, etc. The real difference between goalies is opportunity. That's really about it.

Wow! I believe that's the first time you've ever said that. Refreshing!

TCD

Liked Posts:

Thats a good topic for another thread. Dont want to clog the game day thread with that topic. I will agree with 50% of what you said but would also throw in other factors that make scouting goalies and developing them into nhl caliber goalies difficult. Not as easy as just grabbing someone from overseas of the ahl who have raw talent sticking them in the lineup and having confidence or expecting them to be nhl caliber. Niemi is a bad example anyways. Hes been less than successful in san jose since joining them esp in post season play. You know that.

There are also countless examples of goalies coming out of nowhere having a good short run then disappearing into oblivion. Like anything it all comes down to consistency and i agree to be able to show that one needs to be given a chance to do so. Again thats easy to say in theory difficult to do in a real business and pro league play. Anyways good topic..needs its own thread.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thats a good topic for another thread. Dont want to clog the game day thread with that topic. I will agree with 50% of what you said but would also throw in other factors that make scouting goalies and developing them into nhl caliber goalies difficult. Not as easy as just grabbing someone from overseas of the ahl who have raw talent sticking them in the lineup and having confidence or expecting them to be nhl caliber. Niemi is a bad example anyways. Hes been less than successful in san jose since joining them esp in post season play. You know that.

There are also countless examples of goalies coming out of nowhere having a good short run then disappearing into oblivion. Like anything it all comes down to consistency and i agree to be able to show that one needs to be given a chance to do so. Anyways good topic..needs its own thread.

Starting to look like that was the case with the Hamburgular

TCD

Liked Posts:
Crawford combed his hair today for his bench sitting. Showing a bit more class than looking like a guy coming off a 5 day bender.