Game 7 IGT: Blues @ Blackhawks 4/23 at 7:30 p.m.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Rough way to end things. Think a lot of things went into the end result but probably the biggest is that the Blues are a pretty damn good team. Solid goalie, good defense and great depth.

Bummer.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It'll be an interesting off season....a longer one than usual. I don't know how but they gotta find a way to put better personnel on the ice than Gustafsson and Rundblad.

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
Helluva series, so fckn close hittin the goalposts..The Blues saved themselves a huge embarrassment possibly Hitchcock's job and roster turnover..Will be an interesting offseason and I hope Gustaffshit, and TT have fckn nightmares of this game..Go Starz..

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is the biggest thing to happen to St Louis since the Wal Mart opened last month.

LOL....THIS was their Stanley Cup. Someone up above said they're a good team with a good goalie. I'm not buying that for a second. This is probably the best Elliot has ever played and the Hawks were still ringing goal posts a plenty against him. I doubt Dallas will be that unfortunate.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Probably one of the best series I've seen in a long time (besides the crap outcome).
We're fortunate to be seeing the golden years of this franchise. We're now beginning to see the sun setting on this core, but it's way better than what it was circa 2000.
We'll see who moves and who stays. I think if they can they should move Hossa without having to fear him retiring.
I'd like to see Shaw stay, but he may be a cap casualty.
I really like what I saw in Panik, even though his late brainfart caused a bad PK.

Time to start looking at the free agent sites to see who I think could be a future blue liner for the Hawks.

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
LOL....THIS was their Stanley Cup. Someone up above said they're a good team with a good goalie. I'm not buying that for a second. This is probably the best Elliot has ever played and the Hawks were still ringing goal posts a plenty against him. I doubt Dallas will be that unfortunate.
It took an ex Blackhawk to score the winning goal too..

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

https://youtu.be/h6KYAVn8ons

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Probably one of the best series I've seen in a long time (besides the crap outcome).
We're fortunate to be seeing the golden years of this franchise. We're now beginning to see the sun setting on this core, but it's way better than what it was circa 2000.
We'll see who moves and who stays. I think if they can they should move Hossa without having to fear him retiring.
I'd like to see Shaw stay, but he may be a cap casualty.
I really like what I saw in Panik, even though his late brainfart caused a bad PK.

Time to start looking at the free agent sites to see who I think could be a future blue liner for the Hawks.

Stan definitely has one of his most challenging off seasons ahead. Many holes on this roster after all of the rent a players are gone. Stan gave it a good shot getting Ladd, Weise, Flash...not enough.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:

Elliot is a good goalie who had a great year and certainly one that can get hot (see his shutout streak this year) and can play even better than he did this series. He is going to face a tough opponent in Dallas (with or without Seguin) so that should certainly be interested to see how him and the Blues respond to such an offensive minded team.

Nothing wrong with tipping your hat to the team that defeated the Blackhawks,

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I'm actually surprised they called that. They put away their whistles for a long time, Kane's stick was being grabbed non-stop, Shaw got tripped and Panik, too, Brower knocked someone down out at center ice, but no interference was called, then they started calling penalties on the Hawks in the third for stuff they ignored half the game. Regardless, you can't go down three games to one and down by two goals in the first period of both games 6 and 7 and expect everything to go your way.

The Hawks have played 12 series in the last 4 years - easily more than any other team during this time period - and this was only the Blues fourth series in the last 4 years. Hawks got tired and blew leads in the third period in both games 3 and 4, at home. They've been running on fumes for awhile and finally ran out of gas. They should take advantage of the rest this Summer and come back with their batteries charged in October.

Go Hawks!

Last edited:

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm actually surprised they called that. They put away their whistles for a long time, Kane's stick was being grabbed non-stop, Shaw got tripped and Panik, too, Brower knocked someone down out at center ice, but no interference was called, then they started calling penalties on the Hawks in the third for stuff they ignored half the game. Regardless, you can't go down three games to one and down by two goals in the first period of both games 6 and 7 and expect everything to go your way.

The Hawks have played 12 series in the last 4 years many more than any other team - and this was only the Blues fourth series in the last 4 years. Hawks got tired and blew leads in the third period in both games 3 and 4, at home. They've been running on fumes for awhile and finally ran out of gas. They should take advantage of the rest this Summer and come back with their batteries charged in October.

Go Hawks!

I thought the same thing.

Crawford had his best season end too early.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought the same thing.

Crawford had his best season end too early.

The same ref made both calls on the Hawks in the 3rd. When Panik got upended in the corner, after Brouwers goal, with about 8 minutes left, I though the Hawks were going to get a PP, but no.

Yeah, Crow carried the team for stretches this season.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Elliot is a good goalie who had a great year and certainly one that can get hot (see his shutout streak this year) and can play even better than he did this series. He is going to face a tough opponent in Dallas (with or without Seguin) so that should certainly be interested to see how him and the Blues respond to such an offensive minded team.

Nothing wrong with tipping your hat to the team that defeated the Blackhawks,

Brouwer, "I cross checked and cheap shotted more of my former friends in the last two weeks, all in order to win again".

Tip your hat but I'll pass.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

I can't believe he started the year unable to crack the lineup for the freaking Maple Leafs.

This is probably a pipe dream but goddammit would I love Brian Campbell back on the Hawks.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Think Shaw showed how important he is to this teams success. Can play up and down the lineup and in several different roles. Blackhawks will have to get creative (or hope Shaw takes a below market offer) to keep the RFA this offseason.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Brouwer, "I cross checked and cheap shotted more of my former friends in the last two weeks, all in order to win again".

Tip your hat but I'll pass.

Yea...I don't think I really saw any of that out of Brouwer. He played hard and afterall...this is the playoffs for god sakes. Good for him for playing hard and doing what it takes to win (which didn't involve cheapshotting).

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can't believe he started the year unable to crack the lineup for the freaking Maple Leafs.

This is probably a pipe dream but goddammit would I love Brian Campbell back on the Hawks.

Yea, I loved soup too, Johnny Oduya is a poor mans Brian Campbell