Gasol to the Bulls in a sign and trade

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
im guessing this will be cancelled right?

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
My head is spinning right now!

It looks like we are going to get Gasol and Carmello will stay with the Knicks. To be honest, I'm not sure Mello would be a good fit with the Bulls. I think he would rather come to Chicago where he has a much better chance to win championships, but my guess is that the Knicks are asking too much for him, and that's why a deal hasn't been made. It's not just about what Anthony wants to do; the Knicks and Bulls have to work out a deal that they both can agree to.

Getting Gasol definitely makes the Bulls better. I'm still nervous about what the Bulls may have to give up to get him though. If we take last year's team and add Rose, Gasol, McDermott and Mirotic, that has to make the Bulls better and I think they can compete for a conference championship--providing Rose can be something close to his MVP level of play. I just want to see who we have to give up in the process before I get too excited.

This is just the beginning. There will be a lot more moves before the dust settles ...

Liked Posts:
If Melo is out there is not much the Bulls can do. I would rather have the cap space next season. I hope Gasol returns to what he used to be. The Bulls are going to suck at the 2/3 this season. No way for a championship if you can's score or shoot on the wings.

They can and should be making changes in the front office. They failed in 2010 when they had to settle for Boozer, giving him an albatross contract in the process. And Boozers contract bit them in the ass this time around also.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
unless Bulls can a S&T worked out Gasol goes to the Spurs

i dont think we'll be able to talk them into taking Boozer

chibears55

Liked Posts:
They can and should be making changes in the front office. They failed in 2010 when they had to settle for Boozer, giving him an albatross contract in the process. And Boozers contract bit them in the ass this time around also.

you start to wonder with Gar/Pax now..

missed out on James and wade, and end up with boozer

miss out on Melo and Love and end up with Gasol

they cant land a big fish and twice now ended up with a big man and don't address a need which is a scoring threat from the 2/3 position

have to think or hope if they don't go deep into playoffs this year, Reinsdorf needs to make changes in management

Liked Posts:
you start to wonder with Gar/Pax now..

missed out on James and wade, and end up with boozer

miss out on Melo and Love and end up with Gasol

they cant land a big fish and twice now ended up with a big man and don't address a need which is a scoring threat from the 2/3 position

have to think or hope if they don't go deep into playoffs this year, Reinsdorf needs to make changes in management

Why the wait? This free agency period was the referendum on their ability to get the job done.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I don't think you can blame the GM for not getting Anthony. He took an extra 60 million dollars that 99 percent of people would do the same. We can't put a gun to his head and force him to come.

Now you can rightfully blame them for not having more cap space, that I agree...

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Gasol does not excite me that much.

I did not think of the 4 being a big issue at all, in fact it is probably one of our deepest positions.

Our 5 best players would be

Rose
Butler

Gasol
Gibson
Noah

Can the last 3 play together at the same time.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
if the Bulls get the lakers to take boozer we could still add mirotic and a lance stephenson and win the Eastern conference....the knicks will suck, the cavs will need some time to gel and IMO Gasol fits what we need more than carmelo.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
btw I followed anthony a couple years ago when they made the playoffs and he had a game with less than 5 points, less than 5 rebounds and zero assists.....they're not going to win because of him...he's a piece and not a dominant piece

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Actually, yes. Noah has the ability to guard a 3. We would have a huge size mismatch on offense in our favor.

czman

Liked Posts:

I think 90%+ of the league has missed out on those guys. I also think you have unrealistic expectations and no clue what you are talking about. Melo took the Money. The Bulls never had the Money. What could they do get the NBA to change the rules just for them, just this one time so 2323 could have his way?

Come on man.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Just saw on TV that if LA n Chic dont cone to a S&T agreement that the spurs are interested in Gasol.
So, getting gasol isnt a definite right now..
If they dont get gasol, there nothing left except maybe Stephenson

Wow this off season could just end up being the final nail in gar/pax coffin

Liked Posts:
I don't think you can blame the GM for not getting Anthony. He took an extra 60 million dollars that 99 percent of people would do the same. We can't put a gun to his head and force him to come.

Now you can rightfully blame them for not having more cap space, that I agree...

It's not blame as much as it's an acknowledgment of truth. If you're going to use the B word you can send some of that Derricks way. But the glaring reality is Not only are GarPax 0/4 but they gave out an albatross contract to Boozer which jammed them up this time.

Liked Posts:
I think 90%+ of the league has missed out on those guys. I also think you have unrealistic expectations and no clue what you are talking about. Melo took the Money. The Bulls never had the Money. What could they do get the NBA to change the rules just for them, just this one time so 2323 could have his way?

Come on man.

When you give out a bad contract to Boozer, you don't have that as an excuse when it then complicates getting Anthony. Quite the opposite actually.

GTFO with your GarPax apologist bull s*it!

Billygr81

Liked Posts:
What if we end up with Gasol and crazy Stephenson losing only Boozer, maybe Dunleavey and a couple of draft picks. If anyone could fix Lance it would be Thibs and Noah, and the longer the wait to sign him, the cheaper he will be. 8 for Pau for 3 years, 10 for Lance for 4, with a team/ player option after 2. That still gives us room for some Vets like Kirk to fill out what's left, we have:

Rose
Lance
Butler
Gasol
Noah

Taj
Mirotec
Mcbuckets
Snell
Kirk
Baristow

That's young enough not to need draft picks next year, plus in the weak East it will be in the high twenties anyway...

I would pay to watch that team damn near every night!

chibears55

Liked Posts:

Come on man.
Its more about not being in position to make significant moves for your team when the opportunity arises.

What have they done the last 4 years since 2010 ?

When rose got hurt the first time, that off season knowing he was most likely going to miss entire 12/13 season is when they shouldve amnestied boozer, traded deng, and started rebuilding around rose, noah, and gibson.

Their biggest move for this year so far is a drafted rookie in McDermott and maybe a European player.
Even if they get Gasol who 34 , he will be just a bit better replacement for Boozer. I hope its not a 4 yr deal for 12 or so mil per cause that would be worse then boozer deal at yr 3 and 4 when he 35/36 YO banged up and not producing anything.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
What if we end up with Gasol and crazy Stephenson losing only Boozer, maybe Dunleavey and a couple of draft picks. If anyone could fix Lance it would be Thibs and Noah, and the longer the wait to sign him, the cheaper he will be. 8 for Pau for 3 years, 10 for Lance for 4, with a team/ player option after 2. That still gives us room for some Vets like Kirk to fill out what's left, we have:

Rose
Lance
Butler
Gasol
Noah

Taj
Mirotec
Mcbuckets
Snell
Kirk
Baristow

That's young enough not to need draft picks next year, plus in the weak East it will be in the high twenties anyway...

I would pay to watch that team damn near every night!
Getting Stephenson with gasol would be the only thing that could save them.. I just doubt gar/pax and reinsdorf have the balls to take him on.

sphinxnole

Liked Posts:
You Guys Do Realize in the Last 4 Years We Have Been Eastern Conf. Second Best Team..
Even Without Rose Playing the Last 2 We've Been Top 4...
U Can't Force People 2 Take Ur Money....
We've Been Highly Competitive & We Haven't Been Drafting Lottery Players..
We R the Eastern Version of the Spurs a True Team....
Difference Between the Teams is Tim Duncan....