Gasol to the Bulls in a sign and trade

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Actually, yes. Noah has the ability to guard a 3. We would have a huge size mismatch on offense in our favor.

Except how does that work offensively? Gasol isn't a 3, and Noah really isn't either. Taj hardly has the perimeter skills to be a 3. I guess you could have Taj and Noah down low and have Gasol space out the floor, but that isn't as effective as having a more perimeter oriented wing along with Rose and another wing. Gasol doesn't shoot 3's that much.

Svic

Liked Posts:
Will there be a point to watch this team? Just to watch them try hard in regular season to fail in the playoffs to the Kavs or some shit team? Pathetic to know that Chicago can't build sustainable teams in one of the largest markets in the country. Thank you Blackhawks.
Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Except how does that work offensively? Gasol isn't a 3, and Noah really isn't either. Taj hardly has the perimeter skills to be a 3. I guess you could have Taj and Noah down low and have Gasol space out the floor, but that isn't as effective as having a more perimeter oriented wing along with Rose and another wing. Gasol doesn't shoot 3's that much.

I don't see the need to even try to think about this..... Taj will come off the bench and lead the bench mob as he's done for years. The Bulls have already told Pau he'll start, giving the Bulls two of the best passing big men as twin towers. A better question would be if Niko can come in and play some 3.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
i wish we were the Spurs

their offense was so beautiful in the finals

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't see the need to even try to think about this..... Taj will come off the bench and lead the bench mob as he's done for years. The Bulls have already told Pau he'll start, giving the Bulls two of the best passing big men as twin towers. A better question would be if Niko can come in and play some 3.

No shit. That's my point. You don't run Noah,Taj, and Gasol at the same time, that's a terrible idea. You can have combinations of the 3 that suit whatever lineup they're going against and whatever aspects of the game need to be emphasized. Noah/Gasol could start, and then you have Taj coming in for Gasol later, and then Gasol can give Noah a breather. That's the big thing, Gasol can man the 5 when needed. Mirotic can play some 3/4 since he's a perimeter oriented big. Obviously Mirotic is a bit of a question mark, so that's something that will need to be figured out.

I would assume Gasol starts, I don't know if the Bulls have told him that already, but regardless that's probably going to happen. By the way,according to Taj, the Bulls didn't say he was going to start next season. So it's not like Taj gets gipped if he's on the bench again. He'll get his minutes for sure.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
No shit. That's my point. You don't run Noah,Taj, and Gasol at the same time, that's a terrible idea. You can have combinations of the 3 that suit whatever lineup they're going against and whatever aspects of the game need to be emphasized. Noah/Gasol could start, and then you have Taj coming in for Gasol later, and then Gasol can give Noah a breather. That's the big thing, Gasol can man the 5 when needed. Mirotic can play some 3/4 since he's a perimeter oriented big. Obviously Mirotic is a bit of a question mark, so that's something that will need to be figured out.

I would assume Gasol starts, I don't know if the Bulls have told him that already, but regardless that's probably going to happen. By the way,according to Taj, the Bulls didn't say he was going to start next season. So it's not like Taj gets gipped if he's on the bench again. He'll get his minutes for sure.

The great thing about Taj is he'll be fine with being the 6th man again. #TEAM

I heard some report on the news that the Bulls had said to Pau that he would start. It was said at the time that Taj responded at the time with "what ever is best for the team". Yes, Gasol is interchangeable between the 4 and 5 so it fits nicely, imo, with Taj and Noah.

If Gasol stays healthy, I really like his addition, but I am concerned about the health and age. Like I said, in a perfect world, Mirotic could play some 3 effectively. We'll see. I'm intrigued at seeing Pau and Noah play together. It gives us twin towers, but doesn't strap us into just playing big, as both these guys pass and run very well.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Now they're saying it's not a & S&T

Wonderful

chibears55

Liked Posts:
@paugasol: It hasn't been easy. After meditating it a lot I've chosen to play with the Chicago Bulls. Looking forward to this new chapter of my career

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
we have officially became the 2nd whitest NBA team in one off season (#1 Timberwolves)

quite a feat

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
No Bs, I've always loved Gasol and his game. May not be a guy who completely changes your team at this point but right now I'd take him over boozer for a couple seasons

chibears55

Liked Posts:
No Bs, I've always loved Gasol and his game. May not be a guy who completely changes your team at this point but right now I'd take him over boozer for a couple seasons
That just it...

All they did was improved a bit over boozer, theyve done nothing so far to address help needed in scoring from the 2 and or 3 position.

Mirotic and McDermott probably improves the bench

They need to add another scorer in the lineup.

I would love to see them make an offer to Stephenson

Liked Posts:
I know that even a cutout of janet jackson is better than boozer's defense, but how does this improve the team and what's going to happen with Mirotic

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Mirotic?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
we have officially became the 2nd whitest NBA team in one off season (#1 Timberwolves)

quite a feat

stash-1-1434502179c84b1ae.jpeg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
People need to start posting the source with the information they share with everyone else. For all I know you could have heard that from a homeless man.

Looks like the homeless man was right.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
GV3wa5B.jpg

"Ummm... how do I even fit in with this roster?"

Weren't you the same guy who said this

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/...Melo-Or-Love?p=1394149&viewfull=1#post1394149

Who knows if the Bulls land one of these two, and that is still not enough to get out of the East. Nobody knows. Everybody thinks they know, but Think != knowing.

Just keep your shirt on. No matter what happens, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

Gasol is a decent consolation prize all things considered. I almost want to liken it to the Bears signing Jared Allen.

Liked Posts:
I actually think think this is an ok signing. People marveled at San Antonio's passing. Gasol, Noah, McDermott, and Mirotic can all pass. Noah and Gasol both have the mobility to play away from the basket. Mirotic and MacDermott can each shoot. All of this spaces the floor. Boozer was bothered by length. More specifically, before he joined the Bulls, he struggled against Gasol, Bynum, and Odom because of their length. Gasol is better than Boozer at scoring in the paint. This interior scoring was always something the Bulls lacked in a playoff series vs the Heat. Taj can guard a lot of SFs. There's a lot of flexibility on the roster now and a lot more skill. They don't have much athleticism at wing though.