GDT 10/13 - Chicago Blackhawks at Avs 9:00 CST

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
JC is all but gone this year if the team gets buried in the standings early.

Back in the day Savard was fired after just 4 games and replaced with Q . . .
Well, I think even fans back in the day knew Savard wasn’t an actual nhl head coach. We were more like “ bro, that’s Denis friggin Savard, that’s our guy” when the Hawks sucked but knew deep down he wasn’t gonna lead them to a Cup when the balance of the team changed.

Those same fans are the ones waiting for Colonton to get canned because here you have the same kind of coach who isn’t going to lead this team to a Cup.

Colonton needs young players or guys hanging on with a dream to have success with his system. It’s not going to work as long as Toews and Kane are still in that locker room especially Toews who commands respect with just his presence alone.

Honestly, if your coach is telling you to go left, but Toews is telling you to go right, who are you gonna listen to? A coach with very little success in the NHL? Or a captain of three Cup winning teams?

You sit Strome, who looked good the last few games of the preseason because of the Avs speed, but sit Gaudette, one of the fastest players on the team? Who also made the fourth line better and was killing it when lined up with Carp and JarJar?

I just don’t get this guy

Granada

Liked Posts:

Wow, I'm actually shocked at this. They made the right call for a change. I thought they'd let another superstar like Landeskog off the hook.

I hope the Hawks remember this and someone stands up for Dach next time they meet. That hit was extremely dirty.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I must say, it's funny how the majority of sports fans always immediately freak out at the slightest bit of underachievement with their sports team or their sports star(s). I get it: it was disappointing to see the Hawks lose and really, none of the stars showed up last game -- including Dach -- but it's one game, sorry but it's true. We're already talking about firing a coach, Dach being a bust, being worried about Kane, etc. I just think people need to get a hold of themselves. This isn't football, it's a long season. No one knows what this team is going to be this year, and basing anything on one game against a powerhouse on the road with a stud goalie is just stupid. The sky isn't falling yet, maybe it will, but not after one fucking game.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Well, I think even fans back in the day knew Savard wasn’t an actual nhl head coach. We were more like “ bro, that’s Denis friggin Savard, that’s our guy” when the Hawks sucked but knew deep down he wasn’t gonna lead them to a Cup when the balance of the team changed.

Those same fans are the ones waiting for Colonton to get canned because here you have the same kind of coach who isn’t going to lead this team to a Cup.

Colonton needs young players or guys hanging on with a dream to have success with his system. It’s not going to work as long as Toews and Kane are still in that locker room especially Toews who commands respect with just his presence alone.

Honestly, if your coach is telling you to go left, but Toews is telling you to go right, who are you gonna listen to? A coach with very little success in the NHL? Or a captain of three Cup winning teams?

You sit Strome, who looked good the last few games of the preseason because of the Avs speed, but sit Gaudette, one of the fastest players on the team? Who also made the fourth line better and was killing it when lined up with Carp and JarJar?

I'll fucking take Marc Crawford taking over any day now.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I must say, it's funny how the majority of sports fans always immediately freak out at the slightest bit of underachievement with their sports team or their sports star(s). I get it: it was disappointing to see the Hawks lose and really, none of the stars showed up last game -- including Dach -- but it's one game, sorry but it's true. We're already talking about firing a coach, Dach being a bust, being worried about Kane, etc. I just think people need to get a hold of themselves. This isn't football, it's a long season. No one knows what this team is going to be this year, and basing anything on one game against a powerhouse on the road with a stud goalie is just stupid. The sky isn't falling yet, maybe it will, but not after one fucking game.
I can be real critical but I need more than a game to get me goin'!LOL!
I've been neutral on Dach because we need to see more but the kid still can't even buy himself a six pack to drink away the blown break-aways. Not sure we have the right staff to help a young center develop either,maybe Strome is the bum many say but he wasn't a bum when he got here and why in the hell does a GM give a 3M 2 year deal to a player his HC hates.....did the two nit-wits even discuss this?
The team settled down and showed good effort in the 3rd against one of the league's best,not starting on time was a problem last year too......a problem that lies with the HC IMO.
Kane isn't scoring goals but he's still one of the game's best setup men(3rd in assists last year) but who set him up last year?
Kane and D-Cat WILL develop chemistry if left together,who center's em is anybody's guess.

Last edited:

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
I’d agree with you with the exception it’s been almost three years of Colonton doing Colonton things as coach.

Colonton needs to get canned. There hasn’t been one bright spot that this guy can hang his hat on his entire tenure as a HC outside of the league not having enough tape on Lank last year that he took advantage of and exploited.

Go look at the articles where Blowman was like “see, I told you so” when the media had him as a coach of the year candidate only for the wheels to not only fall off, but explode.

This guy needs players with limited skill sets to coach his system. And with that, he needs an entire team of fourth liners with speed and above average skating to pull it off.

His success in Europe was built around this.
His success in Rockford was built around this.

The NHL is not the league to build up fourth line talents. If your world class talents refuse to commit to playing your system, and you refuse to pull a Keenan or Babcock on them, then you change the friggin system.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I’d agree with you with the exception it’s been almost three years of Colonton doing Colonton things as coach.

Colonton needs to get canned. There hasn’t been one bright spot that this guy can hang his hat on his entire tenure as a HC outside of the league not having enough tape on Lank last year that he took advantage of and exploited.

Go look at the articles where Blowman was like “see, I told you so” when the media had him as a coach of the year candidate only for the wheels to not only fall off, but explode.

This guy needs players with limited skill sets to coach his system. And with that, he needs an entire team of fourth liners with speed and above average skating to pull it off.

His success in Europe was built around this.
His success in Rockford was built around this.

The NHL is not the league to build up fourth line talents. If your world class talents refuse to commit to playing your system, and you refuse to pull a Keenan or Babcock on them, then you change the friggin system.

Listen, I'd be fine if Colliton was fired, I wouldn't miss him -- but to call for that after one game is just silly. We don't know what he's capable of with this brand new group after one fucking game. Chemistry is real and if you thought the Hawks were going to be the harlem globe trotters one game in with all these new faces in the lineup, you were kidding yourself. I guess all I'm saying is, let's give it a few more games here before we start calling for heads.

Like I said, I'm not a Colliton fan either, but I'm willing to give the guy and the team in general more than one game.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Last edited:

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Are you talking about Byram? I thought he played D....at least that's where he played last night. Regardless, it's easier to look good playing with a team that's loaded....I'm not saying the he won't be great, he certainly could be but it's just easier for a kid to step in with a very good team surrounding him.

Not finishing? Pull a Blackhawk number out of a hat.....they could all be accused of that. Only difference is that Dach got himself in position to finish....most of the others did not.

I'm more concerned with Kane. Either his injury is more than he's letting on or he's on the decline. He doesn't look the same. He's late getting to where he needs to be and has no jump to his game....not a good sign after one game.
Bowen Byram and yes he plays defense. I agree he plays on a very talented AVS team, I shouldn’t be comparing the 2, however when the draft occurred many wanted the Hawks to draft Byram over Dach, when watching Byram play and looking at the Hawks defence, he would’ve looked great back there.
In relation to Kane let’s give him a few more games before we jumped to conclusion, but yeah he did t seem like the Kaner we have all been used to seeing.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Listen, I'd be fine if Colliton was fired, I wouldn't miss him -- but to call for that after one game is just silly. We don't know what he's capable of with this brand new group after one fucking game. Chemistry is real and if you thought the Hawks were going to be the harlem globe trotters one game in with all these new faces in the lineup, you were kidding yourself. I guess all I'm saying is, let's give it a few more games here before we start calling for heads.

Like I said, I'm not a Colliton fan either, but I'm willing to give the guy and the team in general more than one game.
He had enough time, he is a shit coach, chemistry or not, new faces or not. Everyone has seen what he can do, and let’s be honest it’s not much. It is time to move on.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I can be real critical but I need more than a game to get me goin'!LOL!
I've been neutral on Dach because we need to see more but the kid still can't even buy himself a six pack to drink away the blown break-aways. Not sure we have the right staff to help a young center develop either,maybe Strome is the bum many say but he wasn't a bum when he got here and why in the hell does a GM give a 3M 2 year deal to a player his HC hates.....did the two nit-wits even discuss this?
The team settled down and showed good effort in the 3rd against one of the league's best,not starting on time was a problem last year too......a problem that lies with the HC IMO.
Kane isn't scoring goals but he's still one of the game's best setup men(3rd in assists last year) but who set him up last year?
Kane and D-Cat WILL develop chemistry if left together,who center's em is anybody's guess.
You can be critical, lol

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
It wouldn’t be me, if I wasn’t screaming the sky is falling, We have been around these boards and previous boards for a long time my friend. I take the good from the bad, however, even if it’s one game, and very small sample size, I didn’t like what I saw, and yes, I think Dach will eventual gets things right(I hope) but JC, I have nothing to say about this guy that is positive, and there has been nothing for me to be positive about from what he has shown. Either way, Go Hawks Go, on to the next game.

Granada

Liked Posts:
He had enough time, he is a shit coach, chemistry or not, new faces or not. Everyone has seen what he can do, and let’s be honest it’s not much. It is time to move on.

Who's your replacement? Oh right, Mark Crawford -- a guy who hasn't done shit as a coach in the last 15 years and has been fired by multiple organizations. He'll fix everything I guess.

If there was a coach available like Q was when Savard was canned, I'd say okay, but there isn't. Firing Colliton won't matter, in all honesty.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Who's your replacement? Oh right, Mark Crawford -- a guy who hasn't done shit as a coach in the last 15 years and has been fired by multiple organizations. He'll fix everything I guess.

If there was a coach available like Q was when Savard was canned, I'd say okay, but there isn't. Firing Colliton won't matter, in all honesty.
I don’t like your attitude, hahahaha
Crawford is not a suitable replacement, agreed, and honestly, I don’t have enough time in my daily life to give examples of who can replace him, that’s Stan’s job, and if he can’t get that done, it’s another reason why he should not be a GM.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Well I think everyone will play in the first 4 days of season. The line-up could be schedule related, like needing an extra center on Toews day off to explain Gaudette and Strome?

Granada

Liked Posts:
I don’t like your attitude, hahahaha
Crawford is not a suitable replacement, agreed, and honestly, I don’t have enough time in my daily life to give examples of who can replace him, that’s Stan’s job, and if he can’t get that done, it’s another reason why he should not be a GM.
That was a bit of a saucy post, lol. Fair enough HIM, like I said, I wouldn't miss Colliton at all; I just think that it won't matter or make as big a difference as much as people think. Either way, Colliton will definitely be the fall guy sooner or later -- that's how it always goes with coaches.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
That was a bit of a saucy post, lol. Fair enough HIM, like I said, I wouldn't miss Colliton at all; I just think that it won't matter or make as big a difference as much as people think. Either way, Colliton will definitely be the fall guy sooner or later -- that's how it always goes with coaches.
Fair enough I respect that opinion, and you are right, he will eventually become the fall guy, when, who knows, but it will happen.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Firing JC and getting, say, Crawford in, once more puts the spotlight on Stan, because now a seasoned coach needs to get the most of the roster Stan paid for this summer. That fails, Stan gets traded to H&RBlock for a pocket calculator.

Then, and only then can the healing begin.

After two games JC is not lilely gone, but the team still looks mired in mediocrity, and JC's system is a major reason.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Firing JC and getting, say, Crawford in, once more puts the spotlight on Stan, because now a seasoned coach needs to get the most of the roster Stan paid for this summer. That fails, Stan gets traded to H&RBlock for a pocket calculator.

Then, and only then can the healing begin.

After two games JC is not lilely gone, but the team still looks mired in mediocrity, and JC's system is a major reason.
The team looks lost, NJ is bottom feeder hockey team and they looked far more superior than our Hawks last night, so, one has to wonder.
The issues also go beyond that, Someone had mentioned that The injury Kaner is hiding is really showing with his on ice performance and as I said before the season starts Toews, even though his presence is there, he has a long way to go to be even a shell of his old self.
It’s only 2 games, but if I continue with the doom and gloom, Granada is going to start yelling at me again, and we don’t want him being saucy, lol.