Donator
Liked Posts:

Blackhawks Face Jets North of the Border

Chicago embarks on one-game trip to Winnipeg on Friday night

by Carter Baum @CarterBaum / Blackhawks.com
10:00 AM
cut.png

TIME: 7 p.m. CT
TV: NBCSCH | RADIO: WGN 720 AM | STREAM: MyTeamsApp (In Market) & ESPN+ (Out of Market)
The Blackhawks make their first trip north of the border this season for a one-game trip to Winnipeg on Friday night to face the Jets.

TEAM RECORDS

• CHI: 1-7-2, 4 PTS
  • WPG: 5-2-2, 12 PTS

HOW TO WATCH

Don't miss a minute of the action with Chris Vosters and Colby Cohen on NBC Sports Chicago. Viewers in the Chicago area can stream the game on the MyTeamsApp, while out of market fans can stream on ESPN+.
You can also listen to the game on WGN Radio with John Wiedeman and Paul Caponigri on the call.

INS AND OUT

After returning to the lineup on Wednesday against Carolina from COVID-19 Protocol, Jujhar Khaira and Riley Stillman are unavailable for Friday's game due to Canada's COVID-19 restrictions and the time elapsed since being removed from protocol.
Nicolas Beaudin was recalled from Rockford on Thursday to step in for Stillman on the back end. Wednesday's healthy scratches -- Adam Gaudette and Dylan Strome -- will likely step in for Khaira and the recently-assigned Reese Johnson up front.

VS. WINNIPEG

Patrick Kane has a point (2G, 6A) in four straight games against the Jets, including registering his 1,000th career point against the team on Jan. 19, 2020. Winnipeg native Jonathan Toews has a point (3A) in three consecutive games against his hometown team. He has four career multi-point outings against the Jets, including two four-point games. Erik Gustafsson's 12 career points (4G, 8A) against the Jets are his most against any opponent and only one of two teams he has 10 or more points against.

YOUNG CAT

Alex DeBrincat notched his 20th career multi-goal game and in the process registered his 125th career goal on Wednesday nigt. That total passed Steve Larmer (124) for sole possession of sixth on the Blackhawks all-time goals list prior to the players 24th birthday, just behind his teammates Toews and Kane. The Farmington Hills, Michigan native turns 24 on Dec. 18.
Most Goals Before 25th Birthday in Team History
1. Jeremy Roenick 199
2. Bobby Hull 162
3. Denis Savard 160
4. Jonathan Toews 144
5. Patrick Kane 126
6. Alex DeBrincat 125

7. Steve Larmer 124

HELPING HAND

Seth Jones picked up his team-leading ninth assist against the Hurricanes on Wednesday. His nine helpers share first among league blueliners and fourth among all skaters. Jones recorded a four-game point streak (5A) from Oct. 21-29.The longest assist streak of his career is five games, set from Feb. 4-13, 2021 last season with Columbus (6A)
The Arlington, Texas native is currently eighth in the NHL averaging 25:43 of time on ice. He averaged a career-best 25:49 of TOI during the 2018-19 season with the Blue Jackets.

SPECIAL TEAMS

The Blackhawks went 2-for-2 on the penalty kill on Wednesday night against the Hurricanes. Chicago currently ranks fourth in the NHL in penalty kill percentage, killing 89.2% of opponent power plays this season.
The Blackhawks scored their 10th power-play goal against Ottawa on Monday, a total that shares second in the NHL. Their 23.3% on the power play shares 10th in the league. DeBrincat's three power-play markers share fourth in the league.
Winnipeg holds the leagues third-best power play at 28.6% on the season and the league's best mark on home ice at 55.6%. The Jets, though, hold the second-worst power play rate in the NHL at 62.5%, allowing 12 goals to opposing man advantages on the year.

Granada

Liked Posts:
It looks like it's the same two boobs calling the game again tonight.
I was wondering what the consensus was on that. I wouldn't say I'm a fan of either, but they didn't necessarily bother me all that much. It's all moot as far as play-by-play goes, because if they have the gall to give it to anyone but Wiedemann, Hawk Nation will rightfully flip the hell out. I can live with Cohen as color on a limited basis per season if I have to.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Ohh also, Win one for Tater!!!

4-2 penis wino

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
If the hawks can actually play a full 60mins and keep the damn turnovers at bay, there is a good reason to believe they can win this one tonight.

Go Hawks Go!!!!

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Don’t like the Hawks chances here.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Already down 2 and the game is over.

I’ve lost all faith in this organization much like the Bears. Incompetence from all levels, and JC is still behind the bench.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
JC has Carpy on PP1 what a fooking moron

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Why is Gus still dressing

I think my sons can put together a better lineup on NHL22 than the crap JC keeps throwing out

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Wow, this team impresses me every game, just when you thought things can’t get worse on ice, bingo, it does.