Kurashev-Strome-Barrett
Entwhistle-Gaudette-Dach2

Beudin-Vlasic
Mitchel-Kalynuk
Stillman

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
At least Stanbo got one thing right, we will either get a top 2 pick this year or a top 5 pick the next in rich draft.

So one more potential marquee player.

I hope Kane goes to Buffalo and Toews to the Jets or Seattle or Montreal or Vancouver or Edmonton.

And brings back a haul of future high picks and young defense.

Yeah, no. Not getting shite for trading Toew's and his contract, it has negative value. Kane's contract has nominal positive value. Combined they will net zero in return.

This is why for the past 3 off-seasons I bitched that StanBo would hold on to them way too long, and this team would bottom out around now.

It's going to be a long, sloooooooow, and painful rebuild.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ask and ye shall receive. JC takes his place with Alpo

Granada

Liked Posts:
Not to let Colliton or the rest of the team off the hook, but the root of the abysmal play is the complete lack of defense...Jones is not very good at the defense part of being a defenseman, and the rest of these goofs don't belong in the NHL at all...every guy after Jones would clear waivers and head to the minors if released...Stanblow thought he could cover up all his fuckups at D (dumping joker and Boqvist, and drafting Dach over Byram, etc.) by picking up Fleury, but the ghosts of Terry Sawchuk and Glenn Hall combined couldn't bail out this non-existent defense.

I'll admit I was very high on the Jones signing, but he's been a fairly big disappointment and that contract is already beginning to scare me. Like you say, his defensive side of the game is lacking, and his foot-speed is quite bad.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I'll admit I was very high on the Jones signing, but he's been a fairly big disappointment and that contract is already beginning to scare me. Like you say, his defensive side of the game is lacking, and his foot-speed is quite bad.
It’s difficult to be judgemental, I agree Jones has not been spectacular, but this team is in such a state of disarray right now, I am willing to give him a pass. There is not one player currently on this team not struggling.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Yeah, no. Not getting shite for trading Toew's and his contract, it has negative value. Kane's contract has nominal positive value. Combined they will net zero in return.

This is why for the past 3 off-seasons I bitched that StanBo would hold on to them way too long, and this team would bottom out around now.

It's going to be a long, sloooooooow, and painful rebuild.
The rebuild will depend on who is orchestrating it, and will they make the difficult choice of letting fan favorites walk or not. A good GM could have this team up and running in 3 seasons.

Granada

Liked Posts:
It’s difficult to be judgemental, I agree Jones has not been spectacular, but this team is in such a state of disarray right now, I am willing to give him a pass. There is not one player currently on this team not struggling.
That's fair, and yes, every player on the team is struggling. I never expected McCabe and Jones to look this bad, but they're not only ones and it doesn't help that they're trying to get acclimated on a new team that has been a complete shit show from day one.

With regard to getting rid of fan favorites, at this point, you have to entertain trading Kane right now while his value is still sky high. Toews, I don't know if you can move him or even if the return would be worth it, I honestly think he might just finish out his contract and retire. Either way, they should be on the table (to move).

Any GM is stuck with Jones whether he likes it or not. He has to be a part of your core. After that, I mean almost everyone is expendable in my view, other than Hagel, Debrincat, and maybe Dach. I think even a new guy like Jake McCabe isn't safe with a new GM. De Haan is shit and he should be gone regardless since his contract is up this year, hopefully he's moved at the deadline. The question is, when will the Hawks actually hire a long term GM and will they allow this interim GM to make any moves if they don't hire one by this year's deadline? I would hope they would on both counts.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
I forgot about that. Fucking Bowman. So there's a real good chance that all this losing will be to the benefit of Columbus. I saw that it's top 2 protected, so there's a slight out. I'm not sure if that's determined by finish or after the lottery....regardless, that idiot left this team in total disarray.
Jarmo isn’t a fool.

The chances he’s laughing about all of this is very very high.

If the Hawks don’t get a top two pick, he gets an unprotected draft pick next year in a much deeper draft that’s looking about five elite talents with one that might be generational in Bedard.

He bent Blowman over

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jarmo isn’t a fool.

The chances he’s laughing about all of this is very very high.

If the Hawks don’t get a top two pick, he gets an unprotected draft pick next year in a much deeper draft that’s looking about five elite talents with one that might be generational in Bedard.

He bent Blowman over
I never did get how the "protected" pick thing worked....do they consider your slot before or after the lottery?

So from what you're saying, it would be better to not protect this year's pick to save next year's in a deeper, stronger draft pool?

Either way, the Hawks got played by a better GM.

Bowman didn't just step down.....he leaped down and ran from the cesspool he created.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
That's fair, and yes, every player on the team is struggling. I never expected McCabe and Jones to look this bad, but they're not only ones and it doesn't help that they're trying to get acclimated on a new team that has been a complete shit show from day one.

With regard to getting rid of fan favorites, at this point, you have to entertain trading Kane right now while his value is still sky high. Toews, I don't know if you can move him or even if the return would be worth it, I honestly think he might just finish out his contract and retire. Either way, they should be on the table (to move).

Any GM is stuck with Jones whether he likes it or not. He has to be a part of your core. After that, I mean almost everyone is expendable in my view, other than Hagel, Debrincat, and maybe Dach. I think even a new guy like Jake McCabe isn't safe with a new GM. De Haan is shit and he should be gone regardless since his contract is up this year, hopefully he's moved at the deadline. The question is, when will the Hawks actually hire a long term GM and will they allow this interim GM to make any moves if they don't hire one by this year's deadline? I would hope they would on both counts.
I can’t see the team bringing in a new GM right now with everything that is currently surrounding this team. I do realize the team is trying to pick up the pieces from the Beach sexual assault and that in itself should be first and foremost on the teams list of doing whatever they have to do, to somehow make things right, we know that is Impossible to do, but I imagine the team will take baby steps in trying to do so. Any new GM will involve the attention of Wirtz at this point Danny or Rocky and they simply have to much on there plate. That’s why I think King was brought aboard for the season.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It wasn't just the fact that JC was bad. although that played into it.....they were forced to make a move because being lost in the schuffle is the fact that attendence is dropping off. Hawks fans are much more like Sox fans than Cub fans as they are not gonna pony up the dough for a shit product and if the UC isn't "the place to be", the uber rich companies won't bother with them either. I don't care which one it is.....if the last name is Wirtz, it's all about the money.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
I never did get how the "protected" pick thing worked....do they consider your slot before or after the lottery?

So from what you're saying, it would be better to not protect this year's pick to save next year's in a deeper, stronger draft pool?

Either way, the Hawks got played by a better GM.

Bowman didn't just step down.....he leaped down and ran from the cesspool he created.
Yeah the protection was agreed upon before the trade.

Stan thought he was slick having the top two picks protected next year, while Jarmo was banking on the Hawks being bad enough that they pick top two and hopefully get a top five pick two years from now in what’s shaping up to be one of the best draft classes in terms of elite talent.

Honestly I would rather lose a top ten pick next year, completely blow this team up and grab a late first and shit the bed next year and luck out for a top five pick in the 23 draft.

There’s so many to like in 23. You are looking at five elite talents and a top ten that’s going to get you a future top six forward.

Bedard is generational. Michkov and Dvorsky are both a notch below, Fantilli will be a first line guy, Benson is a prodigy, etc.

Win Hawks. Stink up the joint next year for one of these kids

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well it's two years of sucking for a chance at Bedard or if pick hits this year you know you get a good top 2.

Bird in hand or bird in bush thing. We will get what we get.