Glazer: Bears think MCL for Forte

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
I feel bad for Forte if this does indeed turn out to be a significant injury. He was priming himself to be setup for a nice sized pay day this off season from someone.

There is going to be demand for the guy but the free agent market usually isn't too kind to 30 year running backs.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Great news. He to say it, but it is. Love Matt but.....

Get a look at 33

Helps keep the price down if he does stay.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Great news. He to say it, but it is. Love Matt but.....

Get a look at 33

Helps keep the price down if he does stay.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

He sure as shit isn't as good as Forte. Average at best.

geneatals

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
looking at the hit Forte got his heel off the ground to avoid some serious hyper extension that could have wrecked his ACL..

best case scenario 2-4 wks....worst casr 6-8 wks...

this injury is more about how much discomfort there is and how much you can handle...his lateral movements will be effected though....

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Love the kid and always will, has been a tremendous Bears player. No better time to start the future than now. Let's saddle Langford and let him go play and see what he's got. Let's see what the O-Line has with Grasu Slauson Omemeh Leno and Long. The only way to evaluate young talent is to have them play and now there's no excuse for them not to play.

Who do we trust for the 2016 season as an option when you know the Bears won't be competing for the playoffs? The Bears are going to get solid evaluations and potential development questions answered or set up for 2016.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
You get a long look at Langford.

Will make it easier to make a decision on Forte.

What the hell is wrong with you Windy? Cant you see that the cup is half empty?

Tru Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
i hope Forte won't miss much time.... I was actually waiting for him to come back and play during the game....

mecha

Liked Posts:
sucks. I would have to believe they activate Carey now. I forget if there was another guy at RB in the mix or not, weren't they talking about keeping 4? what was the reason for him getting buried on the depth chart? I thought he had a strong preseason. he's got better size than Langford.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
sucks. I would have to believe they activate Carey now. I forget if there was another guy at RB in the mix or not, weren't they talking about keeping 4? what was the reason for him getting buried on the depth chart? I thought he had a strong preseason. he's got better size than Langford.

Carey is a little too similar to Forte and Langford, but not as good. Jaquizz Rodgers is the other RB they use, because he is better at lowering the helmet and getting the short yards. I'd expect to see more of both now to give Langford a rest every now and then.

Liked Posts:
I still want to sign him to a modest contract.

Thats the thing. Unless the Bears could get something decent for him in a trade, which the chances of were slim before & all but zero now, I would just assume to resign him. If the Bears could get Forte back on a 3 year deal it wouldn't be the worst move they could make. I believe Forte would be productive in a declining role in the first two years at least of a three year deal while splitting the bill with Langford.

Outside of Forte the Bears just do not have a primary HB on the roster. I believe that Langford is no more than a very good #2 HB in the making. For the Bears who need a QB, OLB, CB, DL, SS & OL in the draft, adding a HB to that list by letting Forte walk for nothing at all would be foolish. Even if they did have to offer him a deal a year too long to maintain him that would at least keep around a productive player, while buying them valuable time & a couple of more drafts to right the ship at the HB position in the draft when they are in a better position to do so.

This being said I would love to have either one of Derrick Henry or Devontae Booker from the draft in Chicago

stallan54

Liked Posts:
Anyone who thinks Forte is going to decline so badly in the next 3 years that it makes him a #2 on ANY team is crazy in the head. There aren't many RB's who defy age like this, but clearly Forte has. It almost seems like he gets better every year. I would give him a 3 year deal every day of the week and twice on Sunday. A team in rebuilding mode gets better each year. Langford may be good in a year or so but he isn't half of what Forte is. Our offense production would take a serious hit without Forte. Just watch over the next month while he's out.

Liked Posts:
Anyone who thinks Forte is going to decline so badly in the next 3 years that it makes him a #2 on ANY team is crazy in the head. There aren't many RB's who defy age like this, but clearly Forte has. It almost seems like he gets better every year. I would give him a 3 year deal every day of the week and twice on Sunday. A team in rebuilding mode gets better each year. Langford may be good in a year or so but he isn't half of what Forte is. Our offense production would take a serious hit without Forte. Just watch over the next month while he's out.

He will decline, but that doesn't mean he won't be able to produce. He'll just have to work even harder at an older age to maintain. Even Walter Payton was clear decline at the end of his career in spite of great production. You could clearly see Payton losing a step, & he just looked wore out after every game at one point. I can see Forte defying age & decline for a while, but sooner or later age always wins in these cases, plain & simple. Unless a player in this situation is smart enough to retire while he's ahead.

If the Bears keep Forte, the Bears could do themselves & Forte a big favor by smoothing the path a bit by giving Langford an increased role/more carries in the offense over the longevity of a potential deal for Forte. I believe that Langford will make a fine #2 HB.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Carey is a little too similar to Forte and Langford, but not as good. Jaquizz Rodgers is the other RB they use, because he is better at lowering the helmet and getting the short yards. I'd expect to see more of both now to give Langford a rest every now and then.

Rodgers is on IR.

GoBears

Liked Posts:
Does n MCL affect the shins? Can he donate those?