Glazer: Fox, Elway had “irreconcilable differences”

CutlersCorner

Liked Posts:
Broncos fans are some of the most delusional fans in the NFL when it comes to protecting their organization. Of course they're going to throw Fox under the bus and protect Elway, they think Elway brought them this far.

Let's all keep in mind that Fox made a playoff appearance with Tim Tebow as his starting QB.

The broncos made it And the Bears missed because Marion f*ckin Barber fumbled and then ran outta bounds to stop the clock!

Liked Posts:
Broncos fans are some of the most delusional fans in the NFL when it comes to protecting their organization. Of course they're going to throw Fox under the bus and protect Elway, they think Elway brought them this far.

Let's all keep in mind that Fox made a playoff appearance with Tim Tebow as his starting QB.

Ironic. Broncos fans are delusional?

Fox didn't want to play Tebow. The reason Tebow saw playing time in the beginning was fan pressure. Fox put Tebow in because they were losing with Orton and they were expecting him to be a failure. But then they started winning games even if it was ugly. And they went on this magic carpet ride for several games with Tebow at QB. You give Fox credit Tebow and call Broncos fans delusional. But the "delusional" fans were the main reason he played to begin with. People were renting billboards and so on.

Liked Posts:
The broncos made it And the Bears missed because Marion f*ckin Barber fumbled and then ran outta bounds to stop the clock!

There was more to it than that. Don't forget Prater's 2 55+ FGs. Yeah Barber ran out of bounds but that was all part of the magic.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Elway is a dick. He's wielding a lot of power for a guy who really hasn't done anything as a President/GM.

With Manning at full strength I don't think Denver loses that game.
How is Fox supposed to control his QB's health? Elway is also the guy that put the team together.

I get a Jerry Krause vibe from Elway. The 'I can do it myself' ego talking. Be careful what you wish for, Elway. Fox really cleaned up a pile of shit when he first got there and won you a playoff game with Tim Tebow.

was Manning at "full strength" when they lost to Seattle in the SB

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
"While we have made significant progress under Coach Fox, there is still work to be done. I believe this change at the head coaching position will be in the best interest of our long-term goal, which from day one has been to win World Championships.

"Our organization is fully dedicated to reaching Pat Bowlen's high standards for his team as we begin the process of finding the next head coach to lead the Denver Broncos."

-John Elway

Liked Posts:
was Manning at "full strength" when they lost to Seattle in the SB

There's an underlying narrative that people should keep in mind. Elway has two Super Bowl rings because Shanahan/Kubiak delivered one of the best running games in the history of the NFL. Elway played great in his swan song super bowl but was dog shit against the Packers... But the Broncos still won because of Terrell Davis. Elway values a running game far more than most people seem to understand. I think Elway had a sense of de ja vu after that super bowl. I think he wants to take the pressure off of Manning by emphasizing the running game more.

Liked Posts:
"While we have made significant progress under Coach Fox, there is still work to be done. I believe this change at the head coaching position will be in the best interest of our long-term goal, which from day one has been to win World Championships.

"Our organization is fully dedicated to reaching Pat Bowlen's high standards for his team as we begin the process of finding the next head coach to lead the Denver Broncos."

-John Elway

People can say what they want about Elway--some dude was erroneously saying he's power hungry here. But the part you bolded, he has backed up with actions in spades.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Elway as a talent evaluator? wasn't he the one that picked Tim Tebow? :lmao:

I'd love to see that Broncos Packers Super Bowl again. when does NFL Network start replaying the old games, before or after the actual Super Bowl?

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:

I'd love to see that Broncos Packers Super Bowl again. when does NFL Network start replaying the old games, before or after the actual Super Bowl?

No.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:

I believe that was McDaniels and he actually traded up to get Tebow.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

I get what you're saying but from a pure talent and athletic ability, Tebow has a ton of it. He 's just a shitty quarterback.

Liked Posts:
First of all, it's not true that he hasn't done anything. The guy landed the biggest QB FA in the history of the NFL. Secondly, he's going to do what he feels he needs to do to give his teams a chance to win SBs--not divisions (see Fox's "not too shabby" quote). By being this way, he's making Denver a more attractive destination for possible future FA QBs. They see a guy who will be as pro active as necessary to give a team, what he feels, is the best chance to win.

Well then, judging by last year's SB, and end of their season this year, he failed! He did not do all that was necessary, or he did too much.

It is easy to hire an out of work QB. Where else was Manning going to go?

This space intentionally left blank.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
There's an underlying narrative that people should keep in mind. Elway has two Super Bowl rings because Shanahan/Kubiak delivered one of the best running games in the history of the NFL. Elway played great in his swan song super bowl but was dog shit against the Packers... But the Broncos still won because of Terrell Davis. Elway values a running game far more than most people seem to understand. I think Elway had a sense of de ja vu after that super bowl. I think he wants to take the pressure off of Manning by emphasizing the running game more.

good luck with convincing Manning to do that

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Its a shame but I agrre with run and shoot. Manning aint going to run the ball

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Fuck John Fox!!
And his irreconcilable differences.