Glennon, Hoyer, Peterman, Kaaya

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Clearly Pace wanted Glennon as his starting QB. he tried to trade for him last year and he outbid everybody else by alot.
Just maybe Pace and all his scouts came to the conclusion that all the QBs in this years draft were shit or at the very least no better than Glennon.
You all want to trust his judgement if he drafts a QB at 3, but question his judgement on signing Glennon to start.
i dont get it.

1. If he wanted to trade for Glennon he could have easily done so. The Bucs were not going to turn down a 1st or 2nd round pick, if you think he is a franchise QB that is nothing.

2. I won't trust Pace about Glennon and I won't trust him about a 3rd over all QB. He is a 9-23 GM and doesn't deserve anything.

But I will respect that he took a swing. Trust will come when one of them plays well.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So, if they had some how miraculously traded for Brady/Brees/Manning in their primes and had a stud QB for a decade, that wouldn't have been an investment in the position? Or does it only not count as an investment if the guys don't work out?

Jerry Angelo invested in the QB position.

But he hasn't been here for 5 years.

Ryan Pace hasn't invested yet, and I do not count a mediocre veteran free agency and a 3rd round pick as being sufficient in the position.

This will be a mute point if he drafts a real QB.

strobiwan

Liked Posts:
1. If he wanted to trade for Glennon he could have easily done so. The Bucs were not going to turn down a 1st or 2nd round pick, if you think he is a franchise QB that is nothing.

2. I won't trust Pace about Glennon and I won't trust him about a 3rd over all QB. He is a 9-23 GM and doesn't deserve anything.

But I will respect that he took a swing. Trust will come when one of them plays well.

trading a 1st or 2nd for a guy that was gonna be availible in a year would be just plain stupid. i dont think pace is that stupid

laputan

Liked Posts:
Evolution of Windy's top choice at quarterback by week

Watson
Kizer
Watson
Trubisky
Watson
Barkley
Watson
Garoppolo
Garoppolo
Garoppolo
Watson
Peterman
Watson
Mahomes?
Watson
. . .

I think there is still time to switch to Dobbs and come back to Watson before Thursday :lol:

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
I also don't understand the hate for Glennon. He had the college career to get him a 1st round grade by some scouts and draftniks. Once put into a difficult position on a bad team in TB he played remarkably well, and was especially good at taking care of the football. He is apparently a hard worker and quite intelligent. He has the arm to make all of the NFL throws. Yeah, he's goofy looking and wasn't a #3 overall pick. So what? I'm 100% behind this move by Pace as he added a relatively young QB with considerable upside for minimal investment and is easily releasable after only one year. I don't think Glennon is going to become Brady anytime soon, but he has shown the ability to be an above average NFL starter, so why not give him a year and see what he can do? Do we really want to spend the #3 pick on a seriously flawed prospect, because all of the top 4 QBs have some warts that have now been discussed ad nauseam? I really like Mahomes and to a lesser degree Watson, but I"m not convinced either one is going to become a good NFL QB. Are you? Is Pace and his scouting department? I guess we will find out on Thursday, but to use a very valuable pick at #3 on someone you aren't completely convinced is going to be great seems like a poor decision to me.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
trading a 1st or 2nd for a guy that was gonna be availible in a year would be just plain stupid. i dont think pace is that stupid

If he believed in him as much as you say he does than it wouldn't be stupid. No guarantee he signs here in free agency.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Evolution of Windy's top choice at quarterback by week

Watson
Kizer
Watson
Trubisky
Watson
Barkley
Watson
Garoppolo
Garoppolo
Garoppolo
Watson
Peterman
Watson
Mahomes?
Watson
. . .

I think there is still time to switch to Dobbs and come back to Watson before Thursday :lol:

Always been

Garoppolo, but that apparently wasn't going to happen.
Watson

And then the other guys have moved around.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I also don't understand the hate for Glennon. He had the college career to get him a 1st round grade by some scouts and draftniks. Once put into a difficult position on a bad team in TB he played remarkably well, and was especially good at taking care of the football. He is apparently a hard worker and quite intelligent. He has the arm to make all of the NFL throws. Yeah, he's goofy looking and wasn't a #3 overall pick. So what? I'm 100% behind this move by Pace as he added a relatively young QB with considerable upside for minimal investment and is easily releasable after only one year. I don't think Glennon is going to become Brady anytime soon, but he has shown the ability to be an above average NFL starter, so why not give him a year and see what he can do? Do we really want to spend the #3 pick on a seriously flawed prospect, because all of the top 4 QBs have some warts that have now been discussed ad nauseam? I really like Mahomes and to a lesser degree Watson, but I"m not convinced either one is going to become a good NFL QB. Are you? Is Pace and his scouting department? I guess we will find out on Thursday, but to use a very valuable pick at #3 on someone you aren't completely convinced is going to be great seems like a poor decision to me.

Glennon was a seriously flawed prospect who fell to the 3rd round and lost his NFL job twice.

Your faith in Glennon is a desperate need for the Bears to get a franchise QB without paying for a franchise QB.

strobiwan

Liked Posts:
If he believed in him as much as you say he does than it wouldn't be stupid. No guarantee he signs here in free agency.

Bullshit, your just grasping at straws.
He made sure we got him in FA buy offering him a shit ton of money

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
There's no doubt that Pace likes Glennon and thinks he can be a productive starter.

There is also no doubt that if he thought he was a guaranteed franchise type guy, he would have traded for him last year or spread the guaranteed money around in his contract.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Tbh the best move is to see what Glennon puts up. Glennon may very well be the guy, even if he doesn't take us to the playoffs this season, if he just plays well he could be the worthy franchise guy. If he isn't good or gets hurt we'll put in Shaw/Sanchez, go into the 2018 draft with a top 5 pick and that's where we'll pick the guy up. So Glennon is either the guy, or he isn't.

Jamal Adams
TJ Watt
Juju-Smith Schuster
Jordan Legget

If these were to be the first 4 picks I'd shit myself. Weapons for Glennon and two bad ass defenders.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Glennon was a seriously flawed prospect who fell to the 3rd round and lost his NFL job twice.

Your faith in Glennon is a desperate need for the Bears to get a franchise QB without paying for a franchise QB.

Give him a chance Windy. He's showed the ability to play well, if we can protect him and give him some weapons he might turn out to be a player.

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
If Pace does draft a QB at #3... Glennon will have become the latest QB who just can't seem to catch a break. The fans will demand the new QB plays no matter how Glennon performs.

And yes... it would have been stupid to trade away a 1st or 2nd pick on him last year. He showed that he could be good in this league... but not that good to warrent those type of picks. To even suggest otherwise is stupid.

Just as its stupid to keep saying shit like he lost his job in TB... blah ... blah.... when anyone with any rational thought knows what happened. Lovie came in... brought in McCown brought in a vet QB he liked since he is such the expert on QBs...... then the team with the worst record drafts the best player in the in the draft, a local product... there was no job to lose because there was no competition..it was automatically Winstons the moment he was drafted. Glennon had potential... but no one is suggesting he had the potential of Winston.

Also.. while the team did out bid themselves for Glennon... if they hadn't made him one of the lowest paid starters in the league... TB was set to make him the highest paid non-starter. Instead of getting into a potential bidding war with the Jets and 49ers... Pace just throw down enough on the table to say.... now beat that? And they didn't. He got his guy... we had the cap space.. and its a friendly contract in that it doesn't over commit the team to him if it chooses to go another direction.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
If Pace does draft a QB at #3... Glennon will have become the latest QB who just can't seem to catch a break. The fans will demand the new QB plays no matter how Glennon performs.

And yes... it would have been stupid to trade away a 1st or 2nd pick on him last year. He showed that he could be good in this league... but not that good to warrent those type of picks. To even suggest otherwise is stupid.

Just as its stupid to keep saying shit like he lost his job in TB... blah ... blah.... when anyone with any rational thought knows what happened. Lovie came in... brought in McCown brought in a vet QB he liked since he is such the expert on QBs...... then the team with the worst record drafts the best player in the in the draft, a local product... there was no job to lose because there was no competition..it was automatically Winstons the moment he was drafted. Glennon had potential... but no one is suggesting he had the potential of Winston.

Also.. while the team did out bid themselves for Glennon... if they hadn't made him one of the lowest paid starters in the league... TB was set to make him the highest paid non-starter. Instead of getting into a potential bidding war with the Jets and 49ers... Pace just throw down enough on the table to say.... now beat that? And they didn't. He got his guy... we had the cap space.. and its a friendly contract in that it doesn't over commit the team to him if it chooses to go another direction.

If they go QB at 3, I'm confident Glennon will still start. It's then in his hands. If he flames out then we know that's probably a low end starter or high end back up. If he does well but loses out to the new QB then he'll get a starter job somewhere else and we'll get some picks back.

I really hope he does well. He has some talent and seems like a good guy and I like watching good QB play!

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

^ THIS. Rational perspective.
54b2a67a52b693e4765dce7f25136bbb.gif

Still won't convince, but valiant effort. To each their own, but the Pace haters never seem to have a better solution, like switching to a new GM will really help? Complaining before giving new players a chance to see the field? Nah, let's go dislike. Nancy & name call another thread off topic into rhetorical dust.

Lastly,

MUTE would actually be a welcome surprise from the continued negativity from Windy, Hawk, Mongo, nc0gnet0, etc, which certainly will explode once a sure-fire pick comes at 3 > project QB, or god-forbid they trade down for more picks in a crazy deep draft.

If so, expecting any decency on here until the season plays out and Bears play okay will indeed be MOOT. The word we're looking for is MOOT.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jerry Angelo invested in the QB position.

But he hasn't been here for 5 years.

Ryan Pace hasn't invested yet, and I do not count a mediocre veteran free agency and a 3rd round pick as being sufficient in the position.

He's divested which is more important. And just because you don't like Glennon doesn't mean there's not an investment or that he's not a 'real' QB. Your opinion is as valid as anyone's but you can't redefine terms just because you're angry and can't take it any more.

211.gif

Liked Posts:
Glennon will still be 1 of the worst starting QBs in the league. There is a reason why Tampa drafted Winston & sat Glennon for McCown. Teams dont just let franchise QBs go. Glennon is a stop gap, thats why we can cut him at the end of the year. Let 1 of these QBs that arnt ready yet (Watson, Trubisky & Mahomes) sit for most of the year & learn.

TBH...I think Watson would beat Glennon out during camp. Glennon is a statue.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Giving up what we did for Cutler was not viewed as a true risk at the time. Any team who needed a QB were in the talks and weighing it out. We were just the only team who threw stupid "money"/value at it.

BTW, we did that again with Glennon... We paid twice what any other team was willing to pay.

I think the point is the Bears took what they felt was a low risk, high cost, chance.

The Bears are not cheap. They are dumb.

What ended up happening... It failed.

Let's hope Pace, by spending what he did on Glennon, and calling him the starter,, won't fail.

Yep. And I especially loved your "The Bears are not cheap. They are dumb." assessment:)

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
why? Did we not need one?

Any team that doesn't have their franchise QB needs one, but when you're rebuilding your team it's a good idea to focus on building the rest of the team before you get your QB instead of putting a young kid on a team that doesn't have the players around him to help him succeed, but if the right QB was there to be drafted in either draft then i'm sure he would of drafted that QB. I guess it just depends on how you wanna rebuild your team cause there isn't only way to do it.