dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
There are at least 3 going in the first round this year (would be 4 if it weren't for Tim Williams' issues) and another 3-4 in the top 3 rounds. And that's not even counting those who aren't coming out but will go into the league next year.

I'm not saying they were as good as an NFL unit that's been coached and developed at that level, but the level of talent they had certainly was NFL level. NFL defenses have plenty of late round picks on their rosters. Most of these players are not just guys who will be drafted, but drafted in the top 100 picks.

Out of the most that will be drafted in the top 100 only 3 or 4 of them will most likely be starters.The Bama defense was not NFL caliber.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
I don't think it's about anyone thinking Glennon is our savior as much as it's about most of you already saying the kid is crap and not getting behind the kid who will be your teams starting QB next year. Why not just hope for the best from the kid instead of already expecting the worst?? Seems silly to me.

I tend to agree. I don't hold high hopes for Glennon but I'll be happy to watch someone who isn't Cutler start a season for the first time in nine years.

He has some good will from me for that reason alone.

If he gets injured or sucks and we end up giving snaps to Sanchez or Shaw because we don't have a developmental QB, I will be pissed. But that is another story.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I tend to agree. I don't hold high hopes for Glennon but I'll be happy to watch someone who isn't Cutler start a season for the first time in nine years.

If he gets injured or sucks and we end up giving snaps to Sanchez or Shaw because we don't have a developmental QB, I will be pissed. But that is another story.

Just knowing we're going into a season without worrying about having J.Cutler as out starting QB should have all of us happy, or at least somewhat happy even if it's M.Glennon at QB. Fans have been wanting Cutler gone for years and now he is so lets get behind Glennon and whoever else we have at QB whether we have a new 1st or 2nd rounder or not and hope for the best. If Glennon turns out to be shit then we'll most likely cut him and go with whoever we drafted in this draft and if we didn't draft anyone then we know for sure we're drafting one in 2018.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
[/B]

Out of the most that will be drafted in the top 100 only 3 or 4 of them will most likely be starters.The Bama defense was not NFL caliber.

True. But they were the best defense in all of college football and Watson beat them fair and square. He also didn't have NFL caliber linemen in front of him either so it is a wash.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
True. But they were the best defense in all of college football and Watson beat them fair and square. He also didn't have NFL caliber linemen in front of him either so it is a wash.

So then the Bama defensive line had an advantage.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Just knowing we're going into a season without worrying about having J.Cutler as out starting QB should have all of us happy, or at least somewhat happy even if it's M.Glennon at QB. Fans have been wanting Cutler gone for years and now he is so lets get behind Glennon and whoever else we have at QB whether we have a new 1st or 2nd rounder or not and hope for the best. If Glennon turns out to be shit then we'll most likely cut him and go with whoever we drafted in this draft and if we didn't draft anyone then we know for sure we're drafting one in 2018.

I agree with most of that. But if we're drafting in the teens we'll likely be passing on a QB again regardless of whether we like them or not.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
GLENNON, HOYER, PETERMAN, KAAYA

I'm not against drafting a QB in one but to make the counterpoint of reaching.

MANUEL, LOCKER, GABBERT, PONDER.

2 of them haven't taken an NFL snap and your 4 are better than my 4.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

It would be yet further terrible luck for sure. Would you be pissed if there is or isn't a rookie behind him who isn't ready to start anyhow?

Not like anybody here reasonably expects playoffs this season anyway. Would simply be another chalked up season of "practice games" to see who's who. Worse/best case, tank a bit and grab their hero QB in a year when QBs are NFL ready a plenty.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There are at least 3 going in the first round this year (would be 4 if it weren't for Tim Williams' issues) and another 3-4 in the top 3 rounds. And that's not even counting those who aren't coming out but will go into the league next year.

I'm not saying they were as good as an NFL unit that's been coached and developed at that level, but the level of talent they had certainly was NFL level. NFL defenses have plenty of late round picks on their rosters. Most of these players are not just guys who will be drafted, but drafted in the top 100 picks.
So great college defense. The Browns beat Alabama.