Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
;2792457 said:
He could in 3.

No, he can't. He'd be a restricted free agent after his third year.

He could only leave if the Bears allow him to.

We can own him for 5 years by exercising the 5th year option on his rookie deal. He has no choice at that point but to hold out if wants to leave. 1st rounders have an extra year of servitude. If the Bear so desire he can't become a FA of any designation for 5 years.

Glennon's deal is long over by then and if he's still here, he's getting paid as a top backup and not starter. If he's a starter, either Mitchell won't get paid, get paid as a backup or be gone. This shit works itself out. didshereallysaythat is dragging the entire board down the wrong rabbit hole.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Of course he wouldn't bet a 1st rounder 5 years later. That's why you have to trade him in 2 if you know Glennon is all pro.
When do you trade him if Glennon starts shitting 24k golden turds? How about if he cures cancer while brokering world peace with the promise of free food and energy for all with his scientific breakthrough research. All just as likely.

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Put me in the this team might surprise you camp. They stand a shot at being 8-8 as long as we don't end up having another historically bad season in terms of injuries. People seem to always forget that teams routinely have a rough start to the beginning of the season and last year's success isn't a guarantee for next year. I wouldn't be surprised to see more wins in those first 8 games than anyone ever thought could have happened.

I'm always optimistic when it comes to the Bears.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Reading through this thread made me think that, in retrospect, its kind of strange that the Bears didn't get more in exchange for PT Willis. He seemed to check all the boxes so to speak...ideal size, college pedigree, young QB, didn't play all that much in the regular season but he tore it up in preseason.

They could have gotten more if he made it into year 5.

Regardless....he wanted starter money

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
PT Willis was a weak to weak QB.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Thanks, Adi. Tough crowd.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
There's no way the Bears drafted Trubisky and then trade him. If Glennon sux, they let him walk next year and get nuthin. If he's decent then he's back for year 2 and maybe even year 3. With a cap over 180 million the Bears can easily afford to keep them both. The only conceivable way of getting anything for Glennon is if he is playing well this year and next and a contending team has an in-season injury to it's starting QB. If they like Glennon, they might make an offer but it won't be anythingnear what Philly got for Bradford. Trubisky aint goin nowhere. He's 4.7 years younger and has a higher pedigree.
You are right Trubisky is not going anywhere. As soon as Pace traded up for Trubisky Glennon became the bridge QB. How long that bridge is...... we as fans can only guess.

If the players and FO of TB are to believed Glennon is an NFL caliber starter who deserves his own team. History though says Trubisky will be the starter sooner rather than later, I believe Carson Palmer was the last top two QB to sit for an entire season, you draft someone that high he does not sit.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
So much to reflect on this thread...would be a shame not to bump it

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Glennon proves he is starter material and holds Mitch off until injured around game 10. Mitch will get a few games in and Glennon comes back and finishes the season strong. Mitch is the future but Glennon proves he is a real starter in this league. Besides Trubs, I would have taken Glennon over any QB coming out this year. Glennon will be a good QB, Trubs a true elite one day. I'm tired of waiting for football to start. There is no reason to knock MG. Poor guy keeps getting screwed.

Why anyone would want MG not to be good enough to start most if not all of the season is beyond me. Who prays for their starting QB to fail...Bears fans that's who.

God forbid he play well enough to garner a 1-3rd round pick next offseason, that would be awful.

:facepalm:

The ultimate scenario is Glennon plays at a high level for about 8 weeks, gets a soft tissue injury like a hammy that makes him unavailable for 4 weeks, Trubisky Wally Pipps him and Glennon becomes a healthy backup with trade value.

Put me in the this team might surprise you camp. They stand a shot at being 8-8 as long as we don't end up having another historically bad season in terms of injuries. People seem to always forget that teams routinely have a rough start to the beginning of the season and last year's success isn't a guarantee for next year. I wouldn't be surprised to see more wins in those first 8 games than anyone ever thought could have happened.

So much to reflect on this thread...would be a shame not to bump it

So much gold in this thread............