Goldman to report on time

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Doesn't he actually have to report on time before we say he's reporting on time . I dont recall him leaving a message saying he wouldn't be at OTA's

Liked Posts:
This sounds exacturally like the speculative hating and neighsaying perpetration that I was write about being wrong about Eddie Goldman but let not anyone be fooled by this "clown" type of posting Eddie will be in camp and these sorts of football forum trolls will go back under their troll bridges in their mothers basements where they will get more and more pale and sickly looking while Eddie Goldman BEASTS!!!
Holy S- - - !!! Can you believe he made a post without using Literally! Strange things a happening for sure!

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Maybe release him in 2022 if Tonga or Pennel look good.
The Bears are Mike Pennel's 5th team in 7 years. If he "looked good," don't you think Green Bay, New York, New England, or KC would have found a way to keep him around?

Let's adjust expectations with a 7th round pick who has an enormous chance of not even being on the roster a year from now (and a win if he makes the PS this year) and a career depth piece who was more than likely brought in because Tonga underwhelmed at both rookie and mandatory minicamps and coaches saw enough of the Steelers reject McCullers last year to not want him back. It's just competition for depth at one of, if not the most important position(s) of the 3-4 scheme when you already have a pro-bowler under contract on the roster--even if you want to spend his money somewhere else because he opted out last year.

Or is reality too much to ask for on this message board? (I know, I know. I'll see myself out.)

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Doesn't he actually have to report on time before we say he's reporting on time . I dont recall him leaving a message saying he wouldn't be at OTA's
Yeah he forgot to post it on CCS

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Glad to see him working, and I could be wrong but he does look a little leaner.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune cited a league source who suggested Goldman “could be weighing retirement.”

Goldman, 27, has not played since the first quarter of the team’s Dec. 22, 2019, loss to the Chiefs at Soldier Field.

The Bears surely hope for the return of Goldman, who is scheduled to make $4.75 million in base salary this season after having his contract toll. They ranked 15th in run defense in 2020 without him.

The team did cover itself in the event Goldman doesn’t play this season, adding veteran Mike Pennel last month. That late signing would seem to indicate the Bears also have a question about whether Goldman intends to play this season.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can't believe Big Man would retire with QB1 in town. Bears paid him well on his second contract. Someone in his corner needs to talk to him.

BPo001

Liked Posts:
I can't believe Big Man would retire with QB1 in town. Bears paid him well on his second contract. Someone in his corner needs to talk to him.
If he’s not committed I don’t want someone talking him into coming back. Might be best in the long run with our salary cap situation if he does retire.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
If he’s not committed I don’t want someone talking him into coming back. Might be best in the long run with our salary cap situation if he does retire.
But then we’d have one less home grown starter, proving Pace sucks! Ignore the fact Pace shored up the position with a cheap vet AND a draft pick this year…