Gonzo and the Cubs....

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I see Gonzo going to the Red Sox if they don't re-sign Beltre.

Beltre is a FA after this season (but, he has a PO). And, the RS are expected to pursue CC hard and they won't have money for Gonzo, if they sign CC.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm assuming the Cubs wouldn't even discuss moving him.

Okay. Then SD moves right along to try to find what they value they want and the Cubs will be forced to try to make a play in your scenario B, which is more sane if they're able to unload some $ by then (which without looking, I imagine will be easier than say, this offseason).

Granted, it was last offseason, but I believe SD wanted Beckham+ for him. To begin with Castro doesn't seem so far-fetched.

JustinTCB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Okay. Then SD moves right along to try to find what they value they want and the Cubs will be forced to try to make a play in your scenario B, which is more sane if they're able to unload some $ by then (which without looking, I imagine will be easier than say, this offseason).

Granted, it was last offseason, but I believe SD wanted Beckham+ for him. To begin with Castro doesn't seem so far-fetched.

I'm not saying its far-fetched, I'm saying I wouldn't do it. Just like the White Sox wouldn't move Beckham.

I do think the Cubs have a bit more farm depth where they could make a bid around Jackson if they wanted.

either way, a trade makes little sense for either side, I'm just saying that if the cubs wanted to sell out the farm, they have some pieces.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Beltre is a FA after this season (but, he has a PO). And, the RS are expected to pursue CC hard and they won't have money for Gonzo, if they sign CC.
I see the Angels signing and overpaying Crawford

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we could do a deal around Vitters, I would be all for it. Otherwise... ehhh.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
me too. They seem like a match made in free agency heaven.
Yep
They have to get rid of Juan Rivera first, but they'd have to eat a significant portion of his $5.25 million salary to do that

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Yep
They have to get rid of Juan Rivera first, but they'd have to eat a significant portion of his $5.25 million salary to do that

I thinkn the final two will be the RS and the Angels. I think their could be a bidding war between those two. But, I'm thinking the Angels didn't offer Texieia a big contract and he could be better. They offer Texieria around 100M, but will they offer him the same amount. As, CC could command 100M+.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Red Sox have alternatives should they miss out on CC though. The Angels really don't, unless they want to rush Mike Trout to the majors

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Jason Werth would be out there...he's not a bad option, but no CC by any measure.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i have to stay out of the cubs forum, i cant take the meatballs in here. jesus christ!

so many of you think ricketts is going to play fantasy baseball with the cubs this offseason. do you think he is going to make a huge splash when you have a toyota sign in left and a fucking macaroni noodle. stop just stop.

dunn is this offseasons brian roberts and jake peavy pipe dreams from past offseasons.

JustinTCB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i have to stay out of the cubs forum, i cant take the meatballs in here. jesus christ!

so many of you think ricketts is going to play fantasy baseball with the cubs this offseason. do you think he is going to make a huge splash when you have a toyota sign in left and a fucking macaroni noodle. stop just stop.

dunn is this offseasons brian roberts and jake peavy pipe dreams from past offseasons.

Nobody is even talking about Adam Dunn in this thread. Actually we were talking about the Angels money.

But by all means, continue with your random anti-Cubs rant.

JustinTCB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jason Werth would be out there...he's not a bad option, but no CC by any measure.

Boras is going to try and market Werth as a CF as well as a right fielder. I'm not sure where he will end up, because it seems fairly obvious it won't be Philly.

Dodgers maybe? They have an opening in left field.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats

waldo just posts articles he finds... just be happy he didn't right this one himself with no facts to back it up.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Nobody is even talking about Adam Dunn in this thread. Actually we were talking about the Angels money.

But by all means, continue with your random anti-Cubs rant.

Yeah, really...WTF.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

few of us actually believe we are going to even pursure Dunn..