Good chance the cardinals/rams game could be on SNF

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Flexing the Rams/Cardinals game would be a pretty big risk. If Bears lose earlier to Packers, then Rams clinch a playoff spot.

If you flex the Bears game, you have a similar issue. If Cardinals lose earlier, Bears are in. Packers may already clinch homefield by kickoff depending how Saints and Seattle do.

I think its only fair if both games are played in the same time slot, but not sure if there is another game worth putting on Sunday night..

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Flexing the Rams/Cardinals game would be a pretty big risk. If Bears lose earlier to Packers, then Rams clinch a playoff spot.

If you flex the Bears game, you have a similar issue. If Cardinals lose earlier, Bears are in. Packers may already clinch homefield by kickoff depending how Saints and Seattle do.

I think its only fair if both games are played in the same time slot, but not sure if there is another game worth putting on Sunday night..
Browns/Steelers or Bills/Dolphins would be better.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
If I'm the NFL, I think its more likely that the Cardinals beat the Rams team without Goff AND Seattle beats 49ers next week than for the Bears to outright beat the Packers.

Hence I would lean towards putting Bears Packers on Sunday night and hope the Bears would be playing for a playoff spot against the Packers who would be playing for the #1 spot and a bye.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
That means the rams will know if the game means something to them by kickoff if the bears end up losing....

oof.

Pretty sure the game would be meaningless to the rams if the bears lose vs. the pack at a 3:15 kickoff. They would be the 6 seed no matter what.

Hope they don't put that game on SNF and instead put us there LOL
I think your point is exactly why they will end up flexing the Bears/Packers game. That should absolutely be a nationally televised game. Two historic franchises in a big game that also makes the Rams/Cards game relevant if the result isnt known before that game is played? They have to flex it.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Browns/Steelers or Bills/Dolphins would be better.

Yeah, but both Steelers and Bills have clinched their division and will they care to fight for playoff seedings? Between those two though, I think the stronger argument is for Steelers/Cleveland, which will likely be a must win for the Browns and multiple other teams may be cheering for them to lose.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Yeah, but both Steelers and Bills have clinched their division and will they care to fight for playoff seedings? Between those two though, I think the stronger argument is for Steelers/Cleveland, which will likely be a must win for the Browns and multiple other teams may be cheering for them to lose.

Yes, because it makes a difference if they meet up. Dolphins and Browns are in the same position. A loss could bump them. And the Colts/Ravens are highly likely to win their games, making a Dolphins/Browns victory pretty critical. It's either that or you put Eagles/WFT on Sunday Night.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
You know there isn’t a SNF game week 17 right? A quick look at the schedule would tell you as much.

Bolek

Liked Posts:
Looks like both games are now 3:25pm. I like it

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol yeah right.
They lost to the Vikings. I have been told the Vikings are a horrible team because the Bears beat them. They also lost to TB who is obviously terrible because they lost to the Bears.

Liked Posts:
Packers/Bears on FOX
Cardinals/Rams on CBS
Saints/Panthers on FOX
Seahawks/49ers on FOX

All kickoffs set for 3:25 PM CST next Sunday. So much for the theory that the Rams "are going to rest players depending on playoff status". They have to play to win the game. The same goes for the Bears. The same goes for the Cardinals. The same goes for the Packers. The same goes for the Saints. The same goes for the Seahawks.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Packers/Bears on FOX
Cardinals/Rams on CBS
Saints/Panthers on FOX
Seahawks/49ers on FOX

All kickoffs set for 3:25 PM CST next Sunday. So much for the theory that the Rams "are going to rest players depending on playoff status". They have to play to win the game. The same goes for the Bears. The same goes for the Cardinals. The same goes for the Packers. The same goes for the Saints. The same goes for the Seahawks.
Good on the NFL IMO.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I was right, football team gets snf. It’s simple math, my specialty.