Good read on Shea

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
in time shea has the potential to develop into at minimum a good starter at best a great. I don't see HOF because he has some serious flaws when it comes too the strength department but he has godlike speed for a guy his side. given more tinme at the position he could be a very very good ilb in a 3-4,'
when a guy like Fangio is coming out talking about how football smart a guy is this says a lot.

in closing I #calledit so many years ago
I put the ceiling at poor man's AJ Hawk, in other words, a forgettable starter.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
That sucks. Hopefully he isn't gone long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thibetanus

Liked Posts:
I like Shea, and I hope he does well, but the whole "He's great at lining people up etc" sounds suspiciously like when you ask a girl if her friend is hot, and she says, "She's got a great personality" response.

Just saying :p

Feeva

Liked Posts:
I like Shea, and I hope he does well, but the whole "He's great at lining people up etc" sounds suspiciously like when you ask a girl if her friend is hot, and she says, "She's got a great personality" response.

Just saying [emoji14]
Exactly, thats the best thing they can say about him. When has Shea ever mad a play at Ilb and got you excited? Never. Now sacking Rogers when he was at de was wonderful. I hope he keeps on getting better but he's pretty average.

Bears1985defense

Liked Posts:
All you knuckleheads ridiculed the notion of Vanilla Gorilla. I say long live Vanilla Gorilla. The Ginger God. geh geh

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Some of you guys play too much madden and expect a 90 ovr player to start at every position.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is exactly why PFF, all the media "pros", and every dipshit former high school/JC/college player on CCS doesn't know a jack shit. This is a play that would be a (-) score on PFF, a highlight against on ESPN, and a bitchfest on here.

Lol, the same PFF that the article says has given him positive grades and when they did, a lot of people on this board bitched and moaned about how terrible PFF is? Seems to me PFF was right and agrees with Fangio and most of the fans on this board that were bashing them for giving Shea good grades apparently don't know what the fuck they were talking about.

Also, your claim is bullshit. Here is the Fitz TD at 27 seconds. It is perfectly clear in the clip that the CB is suppose to cover Fitz but bit on the flea flicker and there is no way anyone reviewing that play would conclude Shea was the MLB that blew coverage when Fitz is an outside WR and there is a CB and an outside LB between Shea and Fitz.

So all your post proves is the great lengths that meatball fans will go to try and bash PFF.

[video=youtube;zerTw29tOjQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zerTw29tOjQ[/video]

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
PFF has been found out to be the fucking joke that was obvious to some long ago. It culminated with them trying to actually defend their -0.8 grade for A Rodgers' 333yrd, 5TD,0 INT game, as correct and smarter than everyone else.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Still waiting for Shea to make a play within five yards of the line of scrimmage, anyone Buehler, Buehler.

I'm glad he's the best inside linebacker on a team full of guys that don't belong on any other NFL roster. He still hasn't shown me any reason as to why he should be retained. Congrats, they have a guy who can get players lined up,that should be the job ALL inside linebackers can do. Now let's find players who can line up the defense AND make plays around the line of scrimmage.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I was one of the biggest Shea haters on this site.

But even I must admit that I am impressed, not blown away, but impressed by his play so far this season.

The defense is playing well and really is the whole being better than the sum of its parts, Shea is part of that. The defense struggled when he left on that drive and I think that shows his importance.

It is weird to say.
It makes me a little uneasy.
But he may have a future.

AussieBear

Just saying :p

i wish brandon marshall had a great personality.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Exactly, thats the best thing they can say about him. When has Shea ever mad a play at Ilb and got you excited? Never. Now sacking Rogers when he was at de was wonderful. I hope he keeps on getting better but he's pretty average.

That wasn't the best thing Fangio said about him. Of course haters will say that a compliment about an almost play isn't any better or show a vid of him aware of enough to be constantly changing position in his zone and claim he's confused.

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
Wasn't that long ago that most of you fucks wanted Shea cut.

I was last year. This year he's shown that he has indeed been misplaced in the defense. With as much cap as there is, I wouldn't mind giving Shea a 3 year deal (nothing huge) but if nothing except there's a stopgap until a better player comes along. He QB's the defense and has shown improvement.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Still waiting for Shea to make a play within five yards of the line of scrimmage, anyone Buehler, Buehler.

Watch the games dumb ass. That little zinger ceased to be true week 3 and beyond.

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
You mean to tell me Shea found a position he can play? More like he was finally put into a position he can play. I figured the Lovie years would have conditioned Bears fans to seeing what players look like being played out of position or against their strengths.

lol....You're still trotting this flat out lie aren't you? It was EMERY who drafted him out of position. For which HE apologized publicly for....

BEARS

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
lol...

Are people deliberately glossing over this part?

"With McClellin draped all over him, Fitzgerald still made a touchdown catch." But McClellin’s recognition of what was happening resonated with Fangio.

No one questions his ability to recognize a play early on and react to it. The football instincts are clearly there. People question if he is physically able to stop it....

BEARS

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
lol....You're still trotting this flat out lie aren't you? It was EMERY who drafted him out of position. For which HE apologized publicly for....

BEARS

Lovie got players for his system and Shea was definitely one of those. Emery wanted to move him to LB before anyone else did. That's what you're calling an apology. Coaches play guys where they see fit.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
lol...

Are people deliberately glossing over this part?

"With McClellin draped all over him, Fitzgerald still made a touchdown catch." But McClellin’s recognition of what was happening resonated with Fangio.

No one questions his ability to recognize a play early on and react to it. The football instincts are clearly there. People question if he is physically able to stop it....

BEARS

#calledit