Good read on Shea

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
PFF has been found out to be the fucking joke that was obvious to some long ago. It culminated with them trying to actually defend their -0.8 grade for A Rodgers' 333yrd, 5TD,0 INT game, as correct and smarter than everyone else.

None of the above changes the fact that bashing them in this thread when their grading of Shea is consistent with Fangio's view and claiming they would grade Shea negatively for a play where it was obvious the CB blew coverage is stupid.

There may be plenty of reasons to bash PFF. Their view of Shea isn't one of them so your post was very meatballish.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shea sucks.

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Shea sucks.

I don't know if he sucks. He just shouldn't have been drafted where he was. I think that has hurt him a lot. Draft him in the 2nd round, and him starting in a 3/4 defense for the Bears would be a pleasant surprise in my opinion...

BEARS

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
BearsFan51;2303855[B said:
]Still waiting for Shea to make a play within five yards of the line of scrimmage,[/B] anyone Buehler, Buehler.

I'm glad he's the best inside linebacker on a team full of guys that don't belong on any other NFL roster. He still hasn't shown me any reason as to why he should be retained. Congrats, they have a guy who can get players lined up,that should be the job ALL inside linebackers can do. Now let's find players who can line up the defense AND make plays around the line of scrimmage.
Well this will be a easy one for you then. He made a play in the 1st quarter of the KC game at the line of scrimmage. Anything else? Buehler, Buehler.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I was one of the biggest Shea haters on this site.

But even I must admit that I am impressed, not blown away, but impressed by his play so far this season.

The defense is playing well and really is the whole being better than the sum of its parts, Shea is part of that. The defense struggled when he left on that drive and I think that shows his importance.

It is weird to say.
It makes me a little uneasy.
But he may have a future.

This is real simple to figure out though. The kid is not a star and i'm not sure he ever will be, but he plays his position and does what he needs to do.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Still waiting for Shea to make a play within five yards of the line of scrimmage, anyone Buehler, Buehler.

I'm glad he's the best inside linebacker on a team full of guys that don't belong on any other NFL roster. He still hasn't shown me any reason as to why he should be retained. Congrats, they have a guy who can get players lined up,that should be the job ALL inside linebackers can do. Now let's find players who can line up the defense AND make plays around the line of scrimmage.

Dude, stop it, we need to let this procession of 'tards continue, one after another - and one dumber than the next. I even caught a "HOF" reference in this thread, lol.

Fangio's coach-speak means dick, it is only coach-speak and nothing more. Believe your eyes, not bloggy rhetoric.

The next impact play delivered buy Shea will be his first. The next time he moves up to the hole and squares up a back will be the first. The next time he blasts a TE or slot WR crossing and dislodges the ball will, again be the first. Why? Because he's a scrub but he happens to be better than lesser scrubs.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dude, stop it, we need to let this procession of 'tards continue, one after another - and one dumber than the next. I even caught a "HOF" reference in this thread, lol.

Fangio's coach-speak means dick, it is only coach-speak and nothing more. Believe your eyes, not bloggy rhetoric.

The next impact play delivered buy Shea will be his first. The next time he moves up to the hole and squares up a back will be the first. The next time he blasts a TE or slot WR crossing and dislodges the ball will, again be the first. Why? Because he's a scrub but he happens to be better than lesser scrubs.
I get the feeling you don't like Shea.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
I get the feeling you don't like Shea.

Lol, i don't like or dislike any players on any team. I don't know those guys and never will, and they don't know or care that i exist, which is fine by me.

I support and root against teams, and sometimes FOs.

What strikes me about Shea is the same dynamic I felt with JA, Lovie, Emery: long after it becomes apparent that a fatal flaw exists with one of those respective individuals, the horde-majority still either can't come to terms with it or can't see it. And i recognize the same handful of posters who railed on the few for questioning the greatness of Emery are now chirping again, and will be proven wrong again.

For the record, I could not care less how Shea's career goes, and this season was stillborn for me as a fan. Then again, I prefer NCAAF, Hockey, and for the first time in a long while - Cubs, all far more than the 2015 NFL season, so I am not as vested in the Bears interest as many others here.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Coach Speak? What Fangio does is just the opposite. He actually detailed a play that pretty much everyone saw as a negative (Shea failing to stop a top 5 WR from cathing a TD pass) and explained how Shea almost made an outstanding play he had no reason to be near or able to make but because of his instincts he was in the sole player to correctly diagnose the play. His instincts, the exact things he gets rode like an old nag on here about constantly.

You Sheatred is plain to see. Hell, most on here that called him a bust at least have become open to the possibility that he is a neutral defensive influence at the least. Even given detailed facts by the players coordinator, you choose to plug your ears and go la, la, la, la, la, la.

To each their own.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I don't know if he sucks. He just shouldn't have been drafted where he was. I think that has hurt him a lot. Draft him in the 2nd round, and him starting in a 3/4 defense for the Bears would be a pleasant surprise in my opinion...

BEARS
Very true.
Take it one step further, ignore the draft order and knowing your team drafted A Jeffery and 2015 ILB Shea, and that looks like a decent job by the GM. Though the rest of that draft blew.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Says the guy sitting behind a computer on a message board. Hahaha

mecha

Liked Posts:
first off, Shea didn't petition or put a gun to the Bears head to draft him in the first. that was Emery's mistake. second off, after multiple position changes in 3 different schemes for the kid, yeah, more than 5 games please.

last, you're not paying him and you didn't pick him, so what difference does it make?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
lol....You're still trotting this flat out lie aren't you? It was EMERY who drafted him out of position. For which HE apologized publicly for....

BEARS

Right, because its general managers that decide how to play a player and where...Solid logic bro. :cubspalm:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Shea cost us $1.5m to keep on the roster this year and his average salary was about $2m over the contract. Any discussion of not being worth his current pay is ridiculous. I think posters over estimate what back 1/2 1st rounders get paid. Yes, he was overdrafted but he's starting capably and that's more than a few chosen before him. He also didn't make the pick and has done whatever he's been asked. I don't get the hate for him. I understand the frustration of any less than stellar choice but not against the player.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
You Sheatred is plain to see. Hell, most on here that called him a bust at least have become open to the possibility that he is a neutral defensive influence at the least. Even given detailed facts by the players coordinator, you choose to plug your ears and go la, la, la, la, la, la.
Players make play. Shea doesn't make plays, he follows them and finishes tackles by holding on for dear life.

Then again, maybe you are right and my Sheatred needs to be curtailed at all costs.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So this one play he recognized, that still resulted in a touchdown is somehow great? Can someone please tell me a play where everyone was like great play Shea this season? He looked stiff and slow prior to his injury and was getting toasted. His back up came in started off slow, yet exploded thru the line and made a tackle for a loss, that play stood out more than anything Shea has done all year. Shea is serviceable, but he is below average period.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
“It tells me that, No. 1, he can run, and No. 2, it was great instincts,” Fangio said. “He totally aborted what was his assignment on that play because he felt was happening and almost made the play.”

That says it all. He's progressed from being useless to "almost" making plays - now he can be an alternate in the Almost ProBowl. Maybe we should expect/hope for an ILB who actually makes plays? Nah, what was I thinking.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Is Shea good, no.

Is Shea bad, no.

He exists somewhere in the middle, where some plays he looks closer to good and others closer to bad.

His backup made 1 splash play where the blocked tripped, so let's not over rate his performance either.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess everyone who thinks Shea sucks will get to see true suckage as his replacement today. Hope im wrong.