CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Meathead stuff.
But these guys hit on everything that is wrong and they both can say these things from experience. Good listen.

ninja edit---Be nice if I linked something huh?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's a spicy a meatball.

Liked Posts:
They are good, and OB especially feels Nagy is incompetent. Both have been to the NFL mountain top so they know what they are talking about. Personnel packages, and plays that don't match the game alignments...Nagy's specialty.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
in a few days you'll get to see if the team quit on their coach

Saints dominated the bears last year

Funny cause John Fox’s bears should have beat them in NOLA if the refs didn’t add insult to literal injury and rob Miller. Crazy that John Fox’s offense was just as “effective” as Nagys offense with worse personnel. It’s unreal

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Nagy got hired bc he was apparently an offensive guru.

At this point it’s clear they should’ve just hired him to be the team’s yoga instructor.
He would find a way to over think the downward dog too.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
The 85 bears defense didnt really get going until Buddy Ryan cut the defensive playbook in half. Are you listening Matt? Making the game simpler so his players could play

He ain't listening. Hampton had it right. He is making this about himself. That whole "be you" thing will make or break him. At least he is true to himself I guess? Just doesn't help the Bears.

I like that line in the radio show. Last week, it was McVay versus McFly.

#FireEveryoneGeorge

Liked Posts:
Crazy that John Fox’s offense was just as “effective” as Nagys offense with worse personnel. It’s unreal

This is one of the most damning statements I’ve seen when it comes to Nagy’s putrid offense.Great point!

Last edited:

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Okay, the front office swung for the fences by trying out Nagy as head coach.

What credible, offensive guru might be available come Jan/Feb ?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Joe Brady

#FireEveryoneGeorge

Liked Posts:

Instead of trying to find yet another “guru” (Trestman and now Nagy were supposed to be “guru’s”), I’d be in favor of the Bears going out and finding the best Head Coach. A great leader and someone that knows what it truly takes to win in the NFL. Some one like a Dave Toub, or in that same realm. If the HC has been around long enough in the NFL, he will have a philosophy for all 3 phases and hire coordinators that fit his philosophy. There will be an “identity” before the players even hit the field. Two and a half years won’t go by like it has with Nagy where they are still searching for their identity.

So again, hire a good HEAD COACH who brings an established philosophy and let him hire play-callers accordingly. That’s what the Titans have done. They lost LaFleur and kept on trucking when Arthur Smith took over as OC. Vrabel doesn’t call plays and when one coordinator left, the philosophy stayed the same.

The Bears need to go about it the same way. Hire the best head coach.

Last edited:

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Instead of trying to find yet another “guru” (Trestman and now Nagy were supposed to “guru’s), I’d be in favor of the Bears going out and finding the best Head Coach. A great leader and someone that knows what it truly takes to win in the NFL. Some one like a Dave Toub, or in that same realm. If the HC has been around long enough in the NFL, he will have a philosophy for all 3 phases and hire coordinators that fit his philosophy. There will be an “identity” before the players even hit the field. Two and a half years won’t go by like it has with Nagy where they are still searching for their identity.

So again, hire a good HEAD COACH who brings an established philosophy and let him hire play-callers accordingly. That’s what the Titans have done. They lost LaFleur and kept on trucking when Arthur Smith took over as OC. Vrabel doesn’t call plays and when one coordinator left, the philosophy stayed the same.

The Bears need to go about it the same way. Hire the best head coach.
This for sure....a football coaching staff is the same top down hierarchy as a corporation: the CEO has officers below him who oversee supervisors below them. You don't see CEO's of successful corporations down on the factory floor micromanaging production, or in the accounting department balancing books. The CEO installs competent heads to run their department, makes sure they have the things they need to be successful, and holds them accountable for performance, while guiding the overall vision of what the corporation is trying to accomplish.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I could see someone giving Brady a shot at 5-10 mil a year to coach. I think he will get into the booth like Romo though at the end of his career

I don't think Brady ever goes near the booth. I think he is too anti-media to ever go that route.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Funny though what a 10 yr. 100 mil contract will do for a person's preferences.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I could see someone giving Brady a shot at 5-10 mil a year to coach. I think he will get into the booth like Romo though at the end of his career

Not Tom Brady. Joe Brady