Good Stuff From Hampton and O'Bradovich

mecha

Liked Posts:
I think the head coach needs to be a defensive type. am I wrong for thinking they're more grounded with the management of the team as a whole over these offensive guys? you get a legit guy for head coach and then you can get some hot shot for offensive coordinator and their acolyte at defensive coordinator.

think like early Lovie Smith era, but without Ron Turner. those 2006 Bears would've won that Super Bowl.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
He's in the middle of a 3 year contract with Carolina, but will be someone to consider

An OC contract is dropped at anytime if an offer to be a HC comes up. Right now, I am sadly among those that suspects Nagy and Pace are safe barring a Trestman-like fallout and I am kinda leaning towards Nagy being able to keep the negative implosion from happening that would force ownership to make a change.

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
An OC contract is dropped at anytime if an offer to be a HC comes up. Right now, I am sadly among those that suspects Nagy and Pace are safe barring a Trestman-like fallout and I am kinda leaning towards Nagy being able to keep the negative implosion from happening tat would force ownership to make a change.

I highly doubt either are going anywhere after this season as well but as you said, barring a complete implosion.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I highly doubt either are going anywhere after this season as well but as you said, barring a complete implosion.

Yeah it would have to be an implosion that is not possibly deniable - again like the last days of Trestman and Kromer et al

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
Honestly I think Nagy is a good HC. Ok, hear me out. His players never stop playing. As shit as the offense has been and the D has been carrying them, there’s no sign of mutiny in the locker room. Why? Because he keeps them together, keeps them focused. His play calling is shit, and his adjustments are mostly garbage, as are his in game decisions and timeout strategy. If he gave the play calling to the OC, maybe, just maybe his in game decisions would be better, maybe he sees things he’s never looked at and makes better adjustments at the half or on the fly. He’s got them playing hard for him, now he needs to let go of his ego and the play calling. He’s trying to do too much and he’s not good enough to do it. As an OC just calling plays, maybe, as a HC just worrying about game time shit, maybe, but doing it all is above his head.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Honestly I think Nagy is a good HC. Ok, hear me out. His players never stop playing. As shit as the offense has been and the D has been carrying them, there’s no sign of mutiny in the locker room. Why? Because he keeps them together, keeps them focused. His play calling is shit, and his adjustments are mostly garbage, as are his in game decisions and timeout strategy. If he gave the play calling to the OC, maybe, just maybe his in game decisions would be better, maybe he sees things he’s never looked at and makes better adjustments at the half or on the fly. He’s got them playing hard for him, now he needs to let go of his ego and the play calling. He’s trying to do too much and he’s not good enough to do it. As an OC just calling plays, maybe, as a HC just worrying about game time shit, maybe, but doing it all is above his head.
So he is just a rah rah guy? A leader of men kinds guy? A win one for the gipper kinda guy?

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
So he is just a rah rah guy? A leader of men kinds guy? A win one for the gipper kinda guy?
Hopefully that’s the low end of what he is. We expected an offensive genius, he ain’t that. He still hasn’t lost the team though so I hope there’s something there. May not be enough, but it may be all we got.