Gordon: Easy Decision to Sign With Detroit

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
"It was an easy decision. I went to visit and speaking with (Pistons GM) Joe Dumars I liked everything he had to say, I like everything the organization stands for...they're all about winning and I want that too" Gordon stated over the phone. "Joe exudes that (winning) he eats, sleeps and breaths basketball and that's an organization I need to be a part of."

"It hasn't really been tough," Gordon told me "after going through what I did last summer this was easier and it came pretty quickly. I am very happy with my decision."

"For my true fans, there will always be a special place in my heart for Chicago. The city has some of the best fans in the world and I truly enjoyed my time here. It's just time to move on."

http://www.mouthpiecesports.com/media/ben-gordon-comments-on-signing-with-the-detroit-pistons-21872/

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I agree Ben, its time to move on...ALL OF US!

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
"It was an easy decision. I went to visit and speaking with (Pistons GM) Joe Dumars I liked everything he had to say, I like everything the organization stands for...they're all about winning and I want that too" Gordon stated over the phone. "Joe exudes that (winning) he eats, sleeps and breaths basketball and that's an organization I need to be a part of."

"It hasn't really been tough," Gordon told me "after going through what I did last summer this was easier and it came pretty quickly. I am very happy with my decision."

"For my true fans, there will always be a special place in my heart for Chicago. The city has some of the best fans in the world and I truly enjoyed my time here. It's just time to move on."

http://www.mouthpiecesports.com/media/ben-gordon-comments-on-signing-with-the-detroit-pistons-21872/

true fans? there are no true BG fans. Hell I am a true bulls fan and thats it. Once your off my team I am done with you. Have a miserable 5 yrs ben, I hope you suffer.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:

Nothing but class from one of the most professional professional basketball players in the league. I'll miss you BG & wish you nothing but the best, just please refrain from dropping 40 on us everytime we play the Pistons.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Diddy1122 wrote:
??? ?????? wrote:

Nothing but class from one of the most professional professional basketball players in the league. I'll miss you BG & wish you nothing but the best, just please refrain from dropping 40 on us everytime we play the Pistons.

I wish you misery BG, i hope you pull a BW and start telling people that you should have never left. I wish you many bad things that I will refrain from saying.

mlewinth

Liked Posts:
Honestly New Skool, Everything I have read from you these last few days makes me think you are one of the biggest homers alive! I am a huge BG fan and I will watch him on the Pistons. I think its a joke the indifference some of you guys are showing to this move. Enjoy it when we suck.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
"I don't have any regrets, and I don't have any bitter feelings for the Bulls," Gordon said in an interview after returning to Chicago late Wednesday. "Business is business. I'm going to a situation now where winning is the No. 1 priority. I'm happy with my decision.

"The Bulls and Pistons always have had a great rivalry. It will be exciting going against [the Bulls], especially here because this is one of the best sports towns anywhere. I'm definitely going to miss the fans. But being on the other side will be fun too."

"Joe's passion for winning is really evident when you speak to him," Gordon said. "He has such a competitive edge to him. And he has a knack for putting together really good teams.

"He's a proven winner whose only priority is to win titles. That's my ultimate goal too. I feel fortunate where the guy at the top [again] feels just as passionate about winning as I do."

"I always said since the jump this was somewhere I would've liked to retire, have a 15-year career, get a couple of rings," Gordon said. "That was my idealistic thing the day I got drafted. But you never know in this business."

Once presented with Dumars' formal offer, Brothers contacted the Bulls. But management chose not to enter luxury-tax territory to re-sign someone who averaged 18.5 points per game, shot 41.5 percent on three-pointers and became the first player in NBA history to win Sixth Man of the Year award as a rookie in 2005.

"Once I tried to sign their offer last year and the deadline passed and I signed the qualifying offer, I knew leaving was a possibility," Gordon said. "Really I don't have any mixed feelings. I'm just excited about my future with the Pistons.

"I'm sure there are fans with mixed emotions. Some will remember me positively. Some will remember me negatively. One thing I hope they remember me for is being professional, competing hard and never giving up on the game. I just always tried to help my team win."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/chi-02-bulls-ben-gordonjul02,0,5953796.story

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
mlewinth wrote:
Honestly New Skool, Everything I have read from you these last few days makes me think you are one of the biggest homers alive! I am a huge BG fan and I will watch him on the Pistons. I think its a joke the indifference some of you guys are showing to this move. Enjoy it when we suck.

I love the Bulls, loved BG as a Bull. Happy Bulls didnt give into his insane money demands.

mlewinth

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
mlewinth wrote:

I love the Bulls, loved BG as a Bull. Happy Bulls didnt give into his insane money demands.
HE GOT PAID 11 MILLION A YEAR! INSANE!?!?!?! ITS INSANE WE DIDNT PAY HIM THAT! KIRK IS MAKING JUST UNDER THAT. Stop being such a homer because you won't diss what the Bulls did! Our team FU$#ED US! THE FU#$ED US IN THE ASSES! Accept it and criticize them for being douchbags!

SouL EateR

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
mlewinth wrote:

Bottom line is BG isnt worth 11 mill a year ,so what ever he says from now on dosent mean jack to me ,he isnt a Bull any longer.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
mlewinth wrote:
Newskool is showing his true colors again. Before he got banned from Real GM last year he wished BG had a career ending injury. I tried to turn the cheek and think he matured but he is up to his old attitude. I can clearly understand not liking a player or wanting him traded but to wish injury and misery on someone who has been nothing but good to this team and city is just inexcusable.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
All I have to say is Gordon deserves people's respect. He is a man of his word, and proved it today. He said he wished to stay with the Bulls. After the Pistons made their offer, he had his agent call the Bulls, giving them a chance to match. Not sure how you can get much classier than that.

SouL EateR

Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
mlewinth wrote:
Newskool is showing his true colors again. Before he got banned from Real GM last year he wished BG had a career ending injury. I tried to turn the cheek and think he matured but he is up to his old attitude. I can clearly understand not liking a player or wanting him traded but to wish injury and misery on someone who has been nothing but good to this team and city is just inexcusable.
In real life lol Skool is the nicest guy in the world , He may come across angry but he has the Bulls best interest at heart in all his posts.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
SouL EateR wrote:
TheStig wrote:
mlewinth wrote:
In real life lol Skool is the nicest guy in the world , He may come across angry but he has the Bulls best interest at heart in all his posts.

I am really a nice guy arent I. I have what they call internet cajones lol, but I am a pussy cat. If I met BG I would seriously wish him the best in Detroit.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
SouL EateR wrote:
TheStig wrote:
mlewinth wrote:

I am really a nice guy arent I. I have what they call internet cajones lol, but I am a pussy cat. If I met BG I would seriously wish him the best in Detroit.
I don't really care, I don't know you in real life and can't verify it. All I know is the newskool that wishes harm and misery on those that he doesn't like. I could respect your opinions and thoughts if they were rationally expressed and within normal parameters. I don't really like Deng that much but I still hope that he has a fully recovery.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
SouL EateR wrote:
TheStig wrote:
mlewinth wrote:

I don't really care, I don't know you in real life and can't verify it. All I know is the newskool that wishes harm and misery on those that he doesn't like. I could respect your opinions and thoughts if they were rationally expressed and within normal parameters. I don't really like Deng that much but I still hope that he has a fully recovery.

I wish BG the best, i hope he has a great career in Detroit and maybe even comes back like pip did. I am just angry right now.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
I don't really care what Gordon does in Detroit. I know he have good career there and I probably follow him casual, but Im definetely going to be cheering against whenever we play them, which I think many will do. Look we basically sold our soul to deliver for that run we had at the end of the year, which meant losing Gordon. I know it's tough lose, but having two crappy years in row while not speeding up Rose development would just of equally set this franchise back

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
TheStig wrote:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
SouL EateR wrote:
TheStig wrote:
mlewinth wrote:

I wish BG the best, i hope he has a great career in Detroit and maybe even comes back like pip did. I am just angry right now.
Thats all I can ask, thank you.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Dpauley23 wrote:
I don't really care what Gordon does in Detroit. I know he have good career there and I probably follow him casual, but Im definetely going to be cheering against whenever we play them, which I think many will do. Look we basically sold our soul to deliver for that run we had at the end of the year, which meant losing Gordon. I know it's tough lose, but having two crappy years in row while not speeding up Rose development would just of equally set this franchise back
Certainly, I like BG a lot but I hope he has his off nights against us. I will however watch a couple of Pistons games to root for him occasionally as he was my favorite post dynasty bull except for Rose.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
Dpauley23 wrote:
Certainly, I like BG a lot but I hope he has his off nights against us. I will however watch a couple of Pistons games to root for him occasionally as he was my favorite post dynasty bull except for Rose.

What would be even better if Rose and Gordon in some historic shootouts, with Rose hitting the game winner.

Although that is unlikely, since Rose is like 0-13 on game winners in his career, and the last two times we beat the Pistons they were on Gordon game winners....but we can dream!