Gordon: Easy Decision to Sign With Detroit

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
TheStig wrote:
Dpauley23 wrote:
I don't really care what Gordon does in Detroit. I know he have good career there and I probably follow him casual, but Im definetely going to be cheering against whenever we play them, which I think many will do. Look we basically sold our soul to deliver for that run we had at the end of the year, which meant losing Gordon. I know it's tough lose, but having two crappy years in row while not speeding up Rose development would just of equally set this franchise back
Certainly, I like BG a lot but I hope he has his off nights against us. I will however watch a couple of Pistons games to root for him occasionally as he was my favorite post dynasty bull except for Rose.

What would be even better if Rose and Gordon in some historic shootouts, with Rose hitting the game winner.

Although that is unlikely, since Rose is like 0-13 on game winners in his career, and the last two times we beat the Pistons they were on Gordon game winners....but we can dream!

Damn what am I gonna do with all my BG authentics?

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
mlewinth wrote:
Honestly New Skool, Everything I have read from you these last few days makes me think you are one of the biggest homers alive! I am a huge BG fan and I will watch him on the Pistons. I think its a joke the indifference some of you guys are showing to this move. Enjoy it when we suck.

I love the Bulls, loved BG as a Bull. Happy Bulls didnt give into his insane money demands.

I don't see how 5/55 is insane. There are only 16 players in the league that score more ppg and two of them make less and were signed to extensions before they got that good. Harris and West would command much more on the open market.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
??? ?????? wrote:
TheStig wrote:
Dpauley23 wrote:
I don't really care what Gordon does in Detroit. I know he have good career there and I probably follow him casual, but Im definetely going to be cheering against whenever we play them, which I think many will do. Look we basically sold our soul to deliver for that run we had at the end of the year, which meant losing Gordon. I know it's tough lose, but having two crappy years in row while not speeding up Rose development would just of equally set this franchise back
Certainly, I like BG a lot but I hope he has his off nights against us. I will however watch a couple of Pistons games to root for him occasionally as he was my favorite post dynasty bull except for Rose.

What would be even better if Rose and Gordon in some historic shootouts, with Rose hitting the game winner.

Although that is unlikely, since Rose is like 0-13 on game winners in his career, and the last two times we beat the Pistons they were on Gordon game winners....but we can dream!

You can mail them to me a true BG fan. I might have to break my rule and buy a BG jersey when they go on clearance. I still have the $3 ben wallace detroit jersey i picked up after we got him.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
??? ?????? wrote:
TheStig wrote:
Dpauley23 wrote:

You can mail them to me a true BG fan. I might have to break my rule and buy a BG jersey when they go on clearance. I still have the $3 ben wallace detroit jersey i picked up after we got him.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Bulls.com is sold out of Ben Gordon jerseys. They did a good job of clearing those out before kicking him out of town. NBA.com is still selling them, but given that they're asking for $35 for a Ben Wallace swingman still, I doubt the Gordon sale will be all that good.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
Interesting news from Sam Smith as he said Gordon didn't even give Bulls chance to match the offer

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Dpauley23 wrote:
Interesting news from Sam Smith as he said Gordon didn't even give Bulls chance to match the offer

He said that Gordon took the offer from the Pistons without any negotiations from the Bulls, not that he didn't give the Bulls a chance to match.

Of course there weren't any negotiations, the Bulls had no intentions of bringing Gordon back. There was nothing for them to negotiate if the Bulls didn't want to bring Gordon back.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
My bad. Pretty funny that Pistons are getting another crappy coach though. Doug Collins pulled out of the running

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Dpauley23 wrote:
My bad. Pretty funny that Pistons are getting another crappy coach though. Doug Collins pulled out of the running

Damn it. Pistons are for sure signing Avery Johnson then.

Ben Gordon should be playing for the Bulls next season. Avery Johnson should be coaching the Bulls.

That's how things would have been if I was running the team.

engies

Liked Posts:
Best of luck Ben. I feel sick. I feel like my guts have been ripped out. I feel betrayed....but not by you. None of this was your fault. This is the fault of a cheap ass owner by the name of Jerry Reinsdorf! I cant believe he let this happen. I think Ben's probably on a good deal for who he is. Unless we make moves welcome back to the lottery Chicago Bulls!

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Dpauley23 wrote:
Sam Smith said some crappy assistant will get the job

how are you getting this from Sam?

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Dpauley23 wrote:
Sam Smith said some crappy assistant will get the job

Yeah...I think Sam Smith fell off his rocker again.

I can't see the Pistons hiring him. Based on my research, the guy is Jim Boylan, only worse. This Keuster guy led an NCAA team to a 1-27 record. There is a snowballs chance in hell the Pistons make this guy their new coach.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
TheStig wrote:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
??? ?????? wrote:
TheStig wrote:
Dpauley23 wrote:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Bulls.com is sold out of Ben Gordon jerseys. They did a good job of clearing those out before kicking him out of town. NBA.com is still selling them, but given that they're asking for $35 for a Ben Wallace swingman still, I doubt the Gordon sale will be all that good.
Damn, I will probably pick one up off ebay, I wouldn't want the bulls to make anything off of it anyway.

charity stripe

Liked Posts:
Its been like 6 hours, and i'm still depressed. Not sure what to do or what to think at this point. Follow every pistons game? boycott the Bulls? This organization has done so many stupid things, it would be stupid to continue to emotionally invest in the decisions of stupid people.

J-Mart

Liked Posts:
Very upsetting, I am still in denial over it. I wish Gordon the best of luck, he deserved getting his payday and I am happy for him in that sense. We had our chance to sign him for less than 10 mil last summer and blew it. It sucks to be a Bulls fan right now. I am not buying another Bulls product for a long time, I won't be supporting a team who is not fully committed to winning, I hope others do the same.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
I don't see how 5/55 is insane. There are only 16 players in the league that score more ppg and two of them make less and were signed to extensions before they got that good. Harris and West would command much more on the open market.

BG was 24th in PPG last year.

Of the guys ahead of him in scoring, only Steven Jackson had a worse PER. Of the top 50 in scoring, Gordon's PER has him ranked 38th. In other words, looking at his scoring and comparing guys is going to over rate him.

I wouldn't describe 5/55 as insane, but it is more than I thought we should pay.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Shakes wrote:
TheStig wrote:

BG was 24th in PPG last year.

Of the guys ahead of him in scoring, only Steven Jackson had a worse PER. Of the top 50 in scoring, Gordon's PER has him ranked 38th. In other words, looking at his scoring and comparing guys is going to over rate him.

I wouldn't describe 5/55 as insane, but it is more than I thought we should pay.

Per obviously means everything, that is why Brad Miller is our best player this year.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
I didn't say it means everything, I'm saying Gordon's rank in PER is a fair indicator that by just choosing points per game you're picking and choosing the stat that paints him in the best possible light.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
ok, shakes, what scoring list are you looking at??? according to nba.com, ben gordon is in fact 17th.

PER is completely biased towards big men and midrange scorers because they usually shoot at a higher percentage.

in the top 20, only one player has a higher 3P% than ben gordon, and that is kevin durant. and kevin durant is the star on his team. the reason that no one has a high 3P% is because the top scorers games are based around shooting midrange shots. just because BG is more gutsy than the rest of the scorers in the league doesn't mean he should be penalized.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
plus, show me some stats that paint BG in a bad light.