Gotta re-sign Arob now.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Get rid of dalton and foles. Don’t win with backups anyway, get two young qb’s deep in draft and train them. Spend money wisely on oline, te, and receivers and defensive players. Arob is good but he doesn’t score too many td’s doesn’t stretch the field and doesn’t really scare anyone either! Oline oline oline.

Fischer and Schwartz are still out there and Worth fliers on if not too overpriced and there’s a ton of studs in this draft! Wideouts will be plentiful the next few drafts as that is the trend

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
lol please show me this pipeline of receivers coming out of college that the Bears cannot find? You know what you have in Robinson why are so many of you hell bent on not seeing that? You're OK with over paying for Quinn, Danny T, Charles fucking Leno but when it comes to probably the most important position on the field outside of the hashes y'all get cheap?

Bears fans. EDIT: Remember, our 2022 1st is gone as is our 4th.
CB is more important than WR. so you're wrong.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Still going to be a question of cap more than anything else. If the bears have it I'm all for a 4 year deal. If not got to do something else. Bears fucked themselves signing and aging Danny T and dalton. But here we are.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
CB is more important than WR. so you're wrong.
You mean like the one the Bears just cut ? If that's the case why did they franchise tag Robinson? Could it be that they know what they have in him and it's not going to be as easy as just drafting another body?

cdubz11

Liked Posts:
Zero way you can march out fields in 2022 with Mooney being your #1.

actually isn't it kinda opposite of this? lol i get your reasoning/excitement.
$20M/yr buys you 2-3 really good players at other positions.
could have gotten Corey Davis or Curtis Samuel for only $12M/yr and still had extra $ to get an extra DB like Jalen Mills or someone.
idk i just always think can get almost as good a WR for a lot cheaper and add more depth elsewhere.
i mean ARob had 150 targets and 100 receptions last year. yes i know his QB sucked. but you're telling me Corey Davis or Curtis Samuel couldn't have put up similar stats if targeted that much?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
They'll be able to pay Robinson next year. They have financial options.

Hicks, Quinn and Dalton can come off the books.

You can part ways with Foles and save $7 million.

The salary cap will go back up.
Yeah i think sometimes we forget how much money teams lost off their cap this offseason. Some teams like the Bears got hurt by the loss more than others did and things should be back to normal or very close to it next offseason.

Like you said we also have multiple big contracts coming off the books to go with the cap being raised back up considerably.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Go look at 2022 FA and tell me who's going to replace Allen Robinson for the salary he's asking. Guess what, he's the top FA in 2022 class. You think you're going to draft a replacement in round 2-3 or 5/6/7 LOL?

Davante Adams
Chris Godwin
Will Fuller

Seems like those 3 would be really nice replacements don't ya think?

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I disagree. If you look at the success Fields had in the Ohio State offense, it was in the vertical passing game. Not just the deep ball, but in the 15-25 yard window, basically the exact opposite of Trubisky. Actually, Fields had success in a pass game that very closely resembled Deshaun Watson's in Houston. Watson was obviously good before, but he had easily his best season the year AFTER they got rid of Hopkins. Their WRs were Fuller, Cooks, Coutee and Cobb. All speedy guys. That's the type of WR group I envision with Fields at QB. While it's never bad to have a WR like Robinson (or Hopkins), I think having a guy like that who's more of a high volume possession guy isn't necessarily the best thing for a QB that is so good down the field. They are more likely to go short to feed their big WR instead of taking the bigger chunk plays.

Ironically enough, Will Fuller is a FA after next year also. A WR corps of Fuller, Mooney, Rondale or Elijah Moore/Dwayne Eskridge picked today, and then a guy like Trevon Grimes or Tamorrion Terry in the 6th round would be a good fit with Fields, especially with a big TE like Kmet underneath (not to mention Cohen and Montgomery).

msadows

Liked Posts:
Funny.

Bears, outside of Bmarsh/alshon have had trash luck at WR.

Now evidently arob is replaceable, when we've had like one guy of his caliber in the last few decades.

You need to give fields the best chance to succeed. Getting rid of arob doesn't do that.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Funny.

Bears, outside of Bmarsh/alshon have had trash luck at WR.

Now evidently arob is replaceable, when we've had like one guy of his caliber in the last few decades.

You need to give fields the best chance to succeed. Getting rid of arob doesn't do that.
Like I said, see Watson with and without Hopkins. We all said the same thing about him without his #1 WR, and then he put up his best season statistically by a good bit.

The best chance for Fields to succeed is a good OL. He, like Watson, likes to hold onto the ball longer than average and wait for routes to develop. Robinson isn't a guy that's going to get open the longer the play goes. He gets quick separation, which is also great but doesn't necessarily play into Fields' strong suit.

I don't see Robinson taking less than the 20M or whatever he wanted. He'll wait to see how the market unfolds next March. He has no reason to take a discount from the Bears, and the Bears have no reason to pay him 20M. If they sign him long-term, I'll obviously take it and be good with it. But I don't see it in the cards.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If someone offers a 2nd for him, take it

cdubz11

Liked Posts:
Have we found out what Robinson actually wanted in terms of years/money? It feels like there have been a thousand takes on this but i don't remember reading anything factual.
at least what Golladay got $40M guaranteed 4 yrs/$72M, guessing ARob is wanting 4 yrs $80M and like $50M guaranteeed. which is ridiculous and i wouldn't pay him either if i was Bears.

he is not THAT much better than other options he just got targeted a ton in last couple years.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
If someone offers a 2nd for him, take it
Don't agree at all. Robinson wants to play with a QB that get him the ball so he can show how great he is. Best WR Chicago has had in a LONG time. Give him his 5 years 100+ will this year backloaded to help cap this year. Draft another really fast slot guy and the Bears will be fine at WR.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
The Bears have consistently been one of the worst offenses in the league with A Rob here. I’m not putting that all on him, but to me he’s a fine WR2 and would trade him before paying $20 million. He’s not a guy that’s going to change a game with 12 catches 200 yards. He’s a solid durable WR2. The Bears still have to get out of salary cap hell and by the time they will be a 12-4 or 13-3 type team A Rob will be closer to 30 and to me it’s not worth it. There are like 5 WR in this class alone I’d take over him.

Cash him in for a day 2 OL or a WR that can grow with Fields and be controlled for 5 seasons.

A Rob is a “nice to have” not a need right now. And the only trade chip that’ll bring back anything significant in a trade (and that trade chip is depreciating by the day)

Also the plan appears to be Dalton anyway for year 1. Ya got time to let Mooney grow and get more weapons

Last edited: