Gotta re-sign Arob now.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Get a young WR in the draft. Will need cap space to sign Hicks replacement next year as well as sign a LT
Hicks and his replacement are a luxury. you can get a young WR in the draft sure but AR is a very very reliable WR that Fields will fall in love with

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Reliable doesnt deserve $20 million. Or even $18 million.
reliable is putting it very mildly. 1200 yards with mitch trubisky, nick foles, and matt nagy is worthy of $18M. he’s a top 7 - 10 WR in football in my honest opinion.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Funny.

Bears, outside of Bmarsh/alshon have had trash luck at WR.

Now evidently arob is replaceable, when we've had like one guy of his caliber in the last few decades.

You need to give fields the best chance to succeed. Getting rid of arob doesn't do that.
I don't think anyone is saying to get rid of him, at least i'm not, as much as they're saying if we can't get him re-signed then there are ways to replace him. I'd rather keep him and get him re-signed on a new 4 year deal at the right price but it seems like he's asking for top 3 WR type money and he's more top 7-10 type WR money in my mind then he is top 3.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Who are the possible wr fa next offseason? If anyone stands out better than arob might be better off waiting

cdubz11

Liked Posts:
I disagree. If you look at the success Fields had in the Ohio State offense, it was in the vertical passing game. Not just the deep ball, but in the 15-25 yard window, basically the exact opposite of Trubisky. Actually, Fields had success in a pass game that very closely resembled Deshaun Watson's in Houston. Watson was obviously good before, but he had easily his best season the year AFTER they got rid of Hopkins. Their WRs were Fuller, Cooks, Coutee and Cobb. All speedy guys. That's the type of WR group I envision with Fields at QB. While it's never bad to have a WR like Robinson (or Hopkins), I think having a guy like that who's more of a high volume possession guy isn't necessarily the best thing for a QB that is so good down the field. They are more likely to go short to feed their big WR instead of taking the bigger chunk plays.

Ironically enough, Will Fuller is a FA after next year also. A WR corps of Fuller, Mooney, Rondale or Elijah Moore/Dwayne Eskridge picked today, and then a guy like Trevon Grimes or Tamorrion Terry in the 6th round would be a good fit with Fields, especially with a big TE like Kmet underneath (not to mention Cohen and Montgomery).
i agree Robinson make some of best in traffic catches, but Trubisky and Foles were just throwing up 50/50 balls to him cause no other options and couldn't create on their own. i don't want Fields learning to just throw jump balls to guys as a go to strategy.

personally i woulda rather gotten Curtis Samuel and Emmanuel Sanders. load up with fast speedy guys to stretch field some deep shot guys and open it up underneath for QB runs or Kmet or Cohen.

cdubz11

Liked Posts:
I don't think anyone is saying to get rid of him, at least i'm not, as much as they're saying if we can't get him re-signed then there are ways to replace him. I'd rather keep him and get him re-signed on a new 4 year deal at the right price but it seems like he's asking for top 3 WR type money and he's more top 7-10 type WR money in my mind then he is top 3.
exactly. he's just asking for way too much. i honestly wouldn't sign him for more than $13M/year. there are very few WRs worth paying big money to in this league.
with Fields ability to run, Montgomery, Cohen back, Kmet more experienced, Mooney more experienced, addition of Goodwin.....
the "throw it up for ARob in double coverage" play will no longer be near as needed lol. also it was partly on QBs who just didn't have enough talent to figure anything else out, and guys were injured so it all kinda fell apart.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
exactly. he's just asking for way too much. i honestly wouldn't sign him for more than $13M/year. there are very few WRs worth paying big money to in this league.
with Fields ability to run, Montgomery, Cohen back, Kmet more experienced, Mooney more experienced, addition of Goodwin.....
the "throw it up for ARob in double coverage" play will no longer be near as needed lol. also it was partly on QBs who just didn't have enough talent to figure anything else out, and guys were injured so it all kinda fell apart.
I think you're way undervaluing ARob if you think he should only get $13 mil per. The guy is a legit #1 WR in the NFL.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
This team does not need to pay WR1 money to Arob right now. O line is way more important for not ruining a QB than a receiver and there are many receivers available every year who are good enough in draft and free agency who are way cheaper and won’t fuck up this team’s cap

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
reliable is putting it very mildly. 1200 yards with mitch trubisky, nick foles, and matt nagy is worthy of $18M. he’s a top 7 - 10 WR in football in my honest opinion.
A top 7-10WR is not needed to win the superbowl. This team has a huge salary cap problem right now. This will make that worse.

cdubz11

Liked Posts:
#3 in targets in entire league. 150 targets 100 catches. they literally were just throwing it up for him half the time. sorry it doesn't impress me a ton, he's a top 10ish jump ball kinda guy. a really solid #2 or low end #1. not anywhere close to a top paid WR in league. Bears are correct for once in not wanting to pay him, but why they didn't just keep Fuller and let ARob go i'm not sure. Fuller is the big head scratcher to me if we don't want to pay ARob then why the hell we let Fuller leave.