Great offense or Great defense?

Jeff George

Liked Posts:
Thats the question isn't it? Because clearly you just can't have both in todays NFL.

First...thank your Harbaugh/9ers for beating GB and making sure us Bears fans didn't endure another 2010.

That said....I watched the 9ers all game long and my heart ached.

Why?

Because THATS the team I wish our Bears still were.

Harbaugh's style harkens back to Ditka and RUN FIRST football during our beloved Monsters heyday when the D was the toast of the town.

As fun as Trestman and Co. were to watch this year offensively...we STILL missed the playoffs because of our EMBARRASING defense.

Give me RUN FIRST/manage the game offense and DOMINATING D ANY DAY OF THE WEEK over PASS HAPPY PULL THE TRIGGER AND GIRLY DEFENSE.

Thoughts?

You miss the Ditka/Lovie style of Bears THATS BEEN TRADITION FOR DECADES?

Or you like Trestman/GIRL DEFENSE?

i'm still on the TRADITION side.

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
i forgot you can't have a dominant defense with a pass-first offense

bring back lovie!!!!!!

LanceStone

Liked Posts:

You mean the DITKA/LOVIE Style that has only won us 1 super bowl? No thanks Mr Potato head

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
Yeah, clearly Trestman's coaching philosophy is to have a top 3-5 offense and a "girl" defense. You moron.

IBMBLUE

Liked Posts:
There's no way around this. We need a smash mouth, bone crushing defense, it is a Bears tradition. We broke that tradition in 2013. If by some miracle they can bring that back in 2014, we'll go far. Yes, the Packers went up in flames!!! Good for us.

Bears1234

Liked Posts:
Our defense will always be middle of the pack under the new regime hopefully cutler can find some rodgers magic to keep us in games! probably not the packers will dominate us as long as the penis licker rodgers is in gbay.

Jeff George

Liked Posts:
I'm just a firm believer that Defense wins Championships.

When you put all your eggs in the Offensive basket...obviously the other side suffers.

I believe a team should be prioritized in the following order.

1. Defense
2. O-Line
3. QB (an elusive one preferably)
4. RB
5. WR/TE

it's STILL about WHO wins the line of scrimmage.

The teams that do win Super Bowls.

If you win the line of scrimmage....play great D....you can have an avg to good QB manage the game.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
There's no way around this. We need a smash mouth, bone crushing defense, it is a Bears tradition. We broke that tradition in 2013. If by some miracle they can bring that back in 2014, we'll go far. Yes, the Packers went up in flames!!! Good for us.

Hey meatball, you shouldn't give a fuck about tradition. You should give a fuck about what is going to help the Bears win. In the NFL you need to have a good offense.

Til it happens......

it is what it is

At least you arent jumping to conclusions.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
Our defense will always be middle of the pack under the new regime hopefully cutler can find some rodgers magic to keep us in games! probably not the packers will dominate us as long as the penis licker rodgers is in gbay.

If the defense get to middle of the road this team has a great chance at making a deep run in the playoffs.

Jeff George

Liked Posts:
to add to that....Joe Flacco and ESPECIALLY Eayore Manning SUCK BADLY.

They have 3 SB rings between them.

Because of the D and winning the line of scrimmage.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Thats the question isn't it? Because clearly you just can't have both in todays NFL.

First...thank your Harbaugh/9ers for beating GB and making sure us Bears fans didn't endure another 2010.

That said....I watched the 9ers all game long and my heart ached.

Why?

Because THATS the team I wish our Bears still were.

Harbaugh's style harkens back to Ditka and RUN FIRST football during our beloved Monsters heyday when the D was the toast of the town.

As fun as Trestman and Co. were to watch this year offensively...we STILL missed the playoffs because of our EMBARRASING defense.

Give me RUN FIRST/manage the game offense and DOMINATING D ANY DAY OF THE WEEK over PASS HAPPY PULL THE TRIGGER AND GIRLY DEFENSE.

Thoughts?

The meatball is strong in you, old one.

Jeff George

Liked Posts:
and add Big Ben's 1st super bowl......he was HORRIBLE in that game. I think he threw like 15 passses. (and maybe the refs helped)....but the Steelers had the rigth formula. Defense and run first.

IBMBLUE

Liked Posts:
Lovie had the "D" dialed in. It was a vicious hits and turn-overs machine. The Special Teams were a secret weapon.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Then you are on the side of losing. All that Ditka/Lovie meatball crap has produced 2 Super Bowl appearances in 30
Years. They haven't won one in 29 years. 29

No thanks.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
to add to that....Joe Flacco and ESPECIALLY Eayore Manning SUCK BADLY.

They have 3 SB rings between them.

Because of the D and winning the line of scrimmage.

No, they won because they were well rounded and more importantly, their offenses didn't turn the ball over

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I'm just a firm believer that Defense wins Championships.

When you put all your eggs in the Offensive basket...obviously the other side suffers.

I believe a team should be prioritized in the following order.

1. Defense
2. O-Line
3. QB (an elusive one preferably)
4. RB
5. WR/TE

it's STILL about WHO wins the line of scrimmage.

The teams that do win Super Bowls.

If you win the line of scrimmage....play great D....you can have an avg to good QB manage the game.

Other than Steve young whos elusiveness ended up shortening his career can you name another one that has one a superbowl in the last 10 years?

Jeff George

Liked Posts:
Then you are on the side of losing. All that Ditka/Lovie meatball crap has produced 2 Super Bowl appearances in 30
Years. They haven't won one in 29 years. 29

No thanks.

that is valid....and maybe its too early to judge what Trestman's doing....but....DOESN'T IT KILL YOUR SOUL TO WATCH DEFENSE THAT BAD???

I guess what I'm saying is...I'd rather watch GREAT D then GREAT O.

Our D forcing 3 AND OUTS ARE WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY MORE ENTERTAINING TO ME THAN our offense scoring TD'S.

what can i say?