Great offense or Great defense?

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
that is valid....and maybe its too early to judge what Trestman's doing....but....DOESN'T IT KILL YOUR SOUL TO WATCH DEFENSE THAT BAD???

I guess what I'm saying is...I'd rather watch GREAT D then GREAT O.

3 AND OUTS ARE WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY MORE ENTERTAINING TO ME THAN TD'S.

what can i say?

Worst. Troll. Ever. You're laying it on much too thick, stupid. You need to be more subtle.

Jeff George

Liked Posts:
Other than Steve young whos elusiveness ended up shortening his career can you name another one that has one a superbowl in the last 10 years?

Ben R isn't elusive?

Rodgers?

even Flacco can elude a rush.

IBMBLUE

Liked Posts:
Then you are on the side of losing. All that Ditka/Lovie meatball crap has produced 2 Super Bowl appearances in 30
Years. They haven't won one in 29 years. 29

No thanks.

I'm not asking for their whole package again, but having their stout "D" would've helped in 2013 instead of this weak imitation of a "D" we got.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Have a team with a good enough corps of players and coaches to be able to consistently make the playoffs. Once in anything can happen. Basically every offensive team that has recently won a Super Bowl had their defense bail out their offense at one point during their run, and every defensive team that won a Super Bowl recently had their offense bail them out at some point during their run.

Jeff George

Liked Posts:
Have a team with a good enough corps of players and coaches to be able to consistently make the playoffs. Once in anything can happen. Basically every offensive team that has recently won a Super Bowl had their defense bail out their offense at one point during their run, and every defensive team that won a Super Bowl recently had their offense bail them out at some point during their run.

thats why i'd kill to have a QB like Kapernick and system like Harbaugh's.

Because it keeps the D OFF THE FIELD.

And thats all you can ask for.

IBMBLUE

Liked Posts:
In 2014 we have a great chance to make a lot of noise in 2014 if they can get a half decent "D" instead of the revolving door we got now. The "D" became an embarrassment to the Bears franchise. A city that prides itself on having a terrifying "D". What's funny is that we never really had a great offense in the past. But the "D" was always entertaining. Bring back the big hits. But sense we can now score points with the big boys, go a head an fix the "D" while you're at it also.

mdj89

Liked Posts:
Yes Pakers loose!!! Thank u 49ers!

Jeff George

Liked Posts:
Bottom line what O is better?

the Bears with?:
- Tresman(pass guy all the way)
-Cutler-gun slinger with DECENT escapability
-Forte -good open field runner/great receiver
-Marshall&Jeffrey-best duo in football
-Bennet-middle of the pack TE
-O-line thats good but young

or....

9ers with?:
Harbaugh- Ditka 2.0
Kapernick- middle of the road passer with AMAZING escapabilty that KEEPS drives alive when the pass and run have stalled.
Gore/hunter/dixon- SMASHMOUTH DOWNHILL RB'S who defenses fear in Dec and Jan.
Boldin&crabtree- one savvy vet and promsing youngster
Davis-FASTEST te in football. Main target.
O-line.....THE BEST IN FOOTBALL.

I think the onlly thing I'd take of Chicago's OVER 9ers is our WR's.

The rest i'd take SF...and pair with a GREAT D. Any day of the week.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
So I get to choose from Macho Caveman football, or I'm a girly-girl wuss. Meatball post of the year nominee.

Jeff George

Liked Posts:
i still think the best way to win super bowls is

1. GREAT D.

2......a QB who can make plays with his arm or feet.....a DOMINATING o-line which makes ANY rb look good....and a TE that strokes FEAR into the hearts of LB's and Safeties down the field.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Thats the question isn't it? Because clearly you just can't have both in todays NFL.

First...thank your Harbaugh/9ers for beating GB and making sure us Bears fans didn't endure another 2010.

That said....I watched the 9ers all game long and my heart ached.

Why?

Because THATS the team I wish our Bears still were.

Harbaugh's style harkens back to Ditka and RUN FIRST football during our beloved Monsters heyday when the D was the toast of the town.

As fun as Trestman and Co. were to watch this year offensively...we STILL missed the playoffs because of our EMBARRASING defense.

Give me RUN FIRST/manage the game offense and DOMINATING D ANY DAY OF THE WEEK over PASS HAPPY PULL THE TRIGGER AND GIRLY DEFENSE.

Thoughts?

You miss the Ditka/Lovie style of Bears THATS BEEN TRADITION FOR DECADES?

Or you like Trestman/GIRL DEFENSE?

i'm still on the TRADITION side.

The thing is, our Bears with the bad D and all would have KILLED the 49ers that showed up vs the Pack. Seriously, that was the best they could do?

Personally, I think you are an idiot. I've seen that show you long for for the past 9 years and even before Lovie as I watched better offenses carve up Wanny and Jauron defenses.

Give me offense. ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
And as to the answer of the question?

Great offense and a dominant pass rush. That's all you need to win a superbowl. By the numbers, even if you aren't a top 10 D, if you can generate a rush and pressure the QB, and have an offense that can move the ball very well, you're contending for a super bowl.

That's how its done now.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
i still think the best way to win super bowls is

1. GREAT D.

2......a QB who can make plays with his arm or feet.....a DOMINATING o-line which makes ANY rb look good....and a TE that strokes FEAR into the hearts of LB's and Safeties down the field.

How exactly does one "stroke" fear into the hearts of LBs? Wait, nevermind. I don't even want to know.

Nick80

You mean the DITKA/LOVIE Style that has only won us 1 super bowl? No thanks Mr Potato head

4deccbcc63373.jpg

- sorry, I think I am just making myself laugh with this one. Ask me about it, it still won't be any funnier.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
some forget the biggest reason the defense was so bad this year was because they were missing 3 key players.. Tillman Briggs and Melton..
they didnt do good job with depth on the Dline but if those 3 stayed healthy their defense would of been much better. .
dont really know how someone can complain about the offense.. their 27PPG was 2nd to the Broncos..
their offense is set, they just need to fix the Dline and safeties over the offseason and they should have a pretty good team in 2014..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 using Tapatalk

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
I'm just a firm believer that Defense wins Championships.

When you put all your eggs in the Offensive basket...obviously the other side suffers.

I believe a team should be prioritized in the following order.

1. Defense
2. O-Line
3. QB (an elusive one preferably)
4. RB
5. WR/TE

it's STILL about WHO wins the line of scrimmage.

The teams that do win Super Bowls.

If you win the line of scrimmage....play great D....you can have an avg to good QB manage the game.

I like the offense much better then the anemic shit of the Lovie era. All the years of good, to outstanding defense didn't do squat when it came to matching up with an opponent that had a great offense and a great offensive mind running it against Lovie. The Bears are on the right track on that side of the ball. This years defense was a cluster fuck of injuries, but a better D coach would not have allowed it to fail in such a historic manner. If Emery can do half of what he accomplished on offense for the defense, in such a short time, the Chicago Bears will be a great fucking football team. He can't take chances in this years draft and pick kids to play out of position, like McClellin tho.

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
well the name of the game is scoring points.u want both units to score as much as possible to win and that cant happen with a girly defense.
Yeah op cant get too caught up in tradition because style of play can change quickly in the nfl.
I know how bad defense can become a tradition and it feels like we are slipping down that slope but in the end its about scoring more points than ur opponent.
It seems pracical to build the team to score as much a possible, more than building a defense that is more reactionary.

Im right there with u op. I have always felt comfortable with the bears playing a traditional 4-3 and now all this 3-4 talk is extremely foreign. Its a sport not rocket science but the sudden PHIL-osophy shift is unsettling. Winning i feel is more about dominating the line of scrimmage. both sides of the ball equally more so than focusing on one unit over the other in terms of importance.

Jeff George

Liked Posts:
I'm not the only one who likes the San Fran offensive way of thinking...

VIKINGS&REDSKINS are interested in interviewing 9ers OC Greg Roman for the HC spot.

The only reason he isn't a HC already is because he's been busy in January the last 2 years going DEEP into the playoffs.

This year he's ready to make the jump I believe.