Greeny says Bears shouldn't of left Michigan without Jim Harbaugh.

UChiLAbear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Honestly, there's talk of Bad Blood between Harbaugh the mccaskey's and Kevin Warren. I don't need a name to fix everything. I just need whoever's going to be calling the offensive plays going forward to be the kind of coach that tailors their offense around the quarterback rather than demanding the quarterback completely conform to whatever the coach has in their head.

Just give me that whoever that is, and I guarantee you this offense will absolutely pop off....
I think there's Bad Blood between ownership and ANYTHING & EVERYTHING related to Ditka and his 'tree', in whatever manner. imo...that would be an admission to being wrong about knowing how to do things better than Ditka. Ditka and Harbaugh are not far apart in coaching personalities. Its their way or 'the highway.'

Lurk McGurk

Liked Posts:
The sky is definitely not falling. The way I am looking at things is a game like yesterday moves the Bears closer to a coaching change. There seems to be some good coaching candidates, one which we just had a good showing in front of. We look to be landing top 2 in a draft with 2 highly valued QB prospects. Whichever camp you land in, that means either you get another great shot at QB, or you are getting a boat load of value in a trade back. That has to be attractive to a coaching candidate. The talent on the roster as it stands appears to be sufficient as a base to build with, considering the above. I don't know, if the Bears get the right coach in here this offseason, I think things may actually start falling into place.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yep. I also know its not recent. There's a risk of the game passing him by. And before you go there, no, College isn't the pros.
His resume' includes what he's done in college so it's definitely recent. I'm going to go ahead and trust the game (NFL game) has not passed him by. You can trust another first time HC with all these present OC's that have never been HC's that keep getting brought up.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think there's Bad Blood between ownership and ANYTHING & EVERYTHING related to Ditka and his 'tree', in whatever manner. imo...that would be an admission to being wrong about knowing how to do things better than Ditka. Ditka and Harbaugh are not far apart in coaching personalities. Its their way or 'the highway.'

I happen to be of the opinion that sometimes the whole is greater than the sum. The players of that era will all say it was Buddy Ryan's defense, and will be all in for Buddy over Ditka. However, Buddy Ryan didn't exactly light the world on fire as a head coach after he left.

I think it was the combination of Buddy and Ditka that made that defense great. In some ways, the same thing happened with Lovie Smith and Ron Rivera. Ron saw the flaws in the vanilla cover 2 that Lovie liked to run, and adjusted the defense to a hybrid that Lovie couldn't stand, even thought it was more effective, because Lovie's ego wouldn't allow for him to have someone to improve "his" defense.

The NFL coaching ranks is so filled with Ego, and yet, Ego is what ends up fucking everything up more times than not.

You need an ego to get good enough to be in the NFL, but you need to know how to temper and direct it in order to stay and stay successfully in the NFL.

Could argue that ego is the reason Harbaugh is no longer in the NFL despite his track record - he never learned to control his own ego.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Harbaugh and Ditka never got along. Ditka bullied Harbaugh. That’s why Harbaugh acts like a nut job.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Honestly, there's talk of Bad Blood between Harbaugh the mccaskey's and Kevin Warren. I don't need a name to fix everything. I just need whoever's going to be calling the offensive plays going forward to be the kind of coach that tailors their offense around the quarterback rather than demanding the quarterback completely conform to whatever the coach has in their head.

Just give me that whoever that is, and I guarantee you this offense will absolutely pop off....
Then throw all the money you can at Ben Johnson..............because some team is going to make him one of the highest paid HCs in the league.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I happen to be of the opinion that sometimes the whole is greater than the sum. The players of that era will all say it was Buddy Ryan's defense, and will be all in for Buddy over Ditka. However, Buddy Ryan didn't exactly light the world on fire as a head coach after he left.

I think it was the combination of Buddy and Ditka that made that defense great. In some ways, the same thing happened with Lovie Smith and Ron Rivera. Ron saw the flaws in the vanilla cover 2 that Lovie liked to run, and adjusted the defense to a hybrid that Lovie couldn't stand, even thought it was more effective, because Lovie's ego wouldn't allow for him to have someone to improve "his" defense.

The NFL coaching ranks is so filled with Ego, and yet, Ego is what ends up fucking everything up more times than not.

You need an ego to get good enough to be in the NFL, but you need to know how to temper and direct it in order to stay and stay successfully in the NFL.

Could argue that ego is the reason Harbaugh is no longer in the NFL despite his track record - he never learned to control his own ego.
Harbaugh could of stayed in the NFL the whole time but decided to go back to his alma mater. He also could of had the Vikings job last year if he wanted it but chose to stay at Michigan.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Harbaugh could of stayed in the NFL the whole time but decided to go back to his alma mater. He also could of had the Vikings job last year if he wanted it but chose to stay at Michigan.

That should tell you something.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Then throw all the money you can at Ben Johnson..............because some team is going to make him one of the highest paid HCs in the league.

What do you think about Bobby Slowik?

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Based Greeny.

We need more national guys talking about Harbaugh to the Bears loud enough so that George and Kevin start to hear it. Maybe they can will it in to existence!

Last edited:

UChiLAbear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins

Agree for the most part...ego is destructive....one needs self-esteem to have a positive affect, not ego......whole is always greater than the sum..imo..................right..it was Ditka & Ryan along with Finks, Vanisi, Bill Tobin, the scouts, coaching staff and players...to become Champions, it takes a commitment by every structure of the organization.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He’s looking at a suspension next year. Maybe he is tired of the NCAA bullshit.

I don't know - every time over the years he's "flirted" with the NFL, he ends up back at Michigan with even more money.

I personally think with an ego like his, he likes being a college coach, because those positions when successful like he is, can be revered like gods among men, and I think that just fits better for a guy like him than the NFL life.

I think he just uses the NFL to get more money out of Michigan.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Give me the guy that can a good DC. Harbaugh can get one. If not the better DC between Slowik and Johnson. I’m tired of this team letting in almost 30 points a game

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Give me the guy that can a good DC. Harbaugh can get one. If not the better DC between Slowik and Johnson. I’m tired of this team letting in almost 30 points a game

As i said - I would not hate bringing Chico back if I end up right and he's done as a HC for a while. We all know "Riverboat Ron" coaches an aggressive defense, if nothing else.

Canth

Liked Posts:
I don't know - every time over the years he's "flirted" with the NFL, he ends up back at Michigan with even more money.

I personally think with an ego like his, he likes being a college coach, because those positions when successful like he is, can be revered like gods among men, and I think that just fits better for a guy like him than the NFL life.

I think he just uses the NFL to get more money out of Michigan.

I think guys like Ferentz and Fitzgerald used the NFL to get more money out of their colleges. I think Harbaugh actually does want back into the NFL, but yes, he does want it on his terms so to speak. For NFL teams, when they publicly bring in an established college coach like Minnesota did, there is an expectation that it's a formality at that point. The Vikings treated it as sort of a 'standard' interview and the reports I remember reading was that caught Harbaugh by surprise and that he was basically expecting to have job in hand. Right or wrong, ego's, whatever, it was weirdly done by the Vikings when dealing with a big name college coach, imo.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yeah we should hire the guy who's never even called plays until this season as our next HC. Who needs a guy with a winning resume' everywhere he's been.