Liked Posts:
double post

Last edited:

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
for such a dogshit season, he's seemingly doing statistically well. minus the interceptions, of course. which, what difference do those make when the defense is #32 in the league? has he even thrown a pick 6 this year?

and for fucks sake with all the outrage about interceptions, they're almost 10 less than what he did in 2009. Sheli Manning threw fucking 27 last year and 25 in 2010. Cutler's 2009 campaign with Devin Hester and Johnny "I'm gonna lay down and let DBs just intercept me" Knox was effectively the average of Sheli's worst 2 seasons.

You might be the dumbest poster on this board. You want to get rid of our best player while retaining and continuing to make endless excuses for Cutler.

His stats are inflated by two major things. First, the alarming % of his passes that are dump offs to the RB (he's among the league worst in accuracy beyond 5 yards), and second, most of his production is coming against prevent defenses protecting a lead.

Last edited:

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is obviously a square peg round hole situation. Cutler will never be that dink dunk type of QB and Trestman should have realized this sooner and changed the scheme up to better fit him. And of course that's assuming he has another scheme.

^^^ Dupe account, Mods. ^^^

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
LOL wut. Offense not producing down the field?! Gee I wonder who's fault that is lol...

I guess it's Trestman's fault Jay can't hit the broad side of a barn on anything over 5 yards this season? Yeah that's it. The system is to blame. Not the QB with the terrible accuracy and decision making.

QB can't hit a stationary player who's correctly sat in the void of a zone defense... clearly it's the offensive systems fault that the QB missed the mark by 2 yards to the left. Damn Trestman and his system to hell!

The Bears need to hire some high school coach to install some basic run first high school system where Jay only has to read 1/4 of the field and only pass the ball 10 times per game (all roll out passes) to be successful.

Whose fault....?? Actually it's the collective failure of many people...not just Jay Cutler. If you can't grasp that then you really don't know much about the sport.

Do you think Bmarshall played anywhere near the level he had the two previous yrs, ESPECIALLY down the field?

Do you think the OL played up to expectations in pass blocking?

It's cute how you conveniently ignored me saying Cutler hadn't played well and wasn't the answer....but ignoring other factors surrounding this abortion of a yr on offense is utterly ridiculous.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
A lot of articles lately about a backup QB...

That's because for football ignoramuses it's easy to just pin all the issues that this franchise has-and they are MANY- on one scapegoat and pretend like we are one piece away from the playoffs...when in reality this is an OLD, BAD team which needs a total strip down rebuild that will probably take yrs and yrs to get us back in contention for a SB.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That's because for football ignoramuses it's easy to just pin all the issues that this franchise has-and they are MANY- on one scapegoat and pretend like we are one piece away from the playoffs

Again with this.

Who has said that Cutler is the only issue on the team?

While Cutler isn't the only problem, he is a major problem and one that's essential to replace for the Bears to go anywhere. When people say they want him gone, that doesn't mean they want only him gone and for the other 52 players, entire coaching staff and GM to all return next year. NOBODY is saying that.

BearDownZZ

Liked Posts:
I think the Martz offense was the right offense. He was 7-3 and improving then Caleb Hanie entered and end of story.

But even for Martz offense you can't just plug in Martz and Cutler. We still needed 3 OL and 2 WR's and a blocking TE to go max protect. We didn't really have the ideal players to run Martz's scheme.

Our management just has no concept of scheme, player type. They aren't putting people in the best position. Yes, schemes and player styles matter. Thats why you don't sign a 350lb run stuffing NT to play 3 technique. You don't sign 360lb RT to run a zone running scheme.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Again with this.

Who has said that Cutler is the only issue on the team?

While Cutler isn't the only problem, he is a major problem and one that's essential to replace for the Bears to go anywhere. When people say they want him gone, that doesn't mean they want only him gone and for the other 21 starters, entire coaching staff and GM to all return next year. NOBODY is saying that.

Read the post I responded to ...implicit in it was that Cutler was THE reason the Bears couldn't get the ball down the field. I don't believe that....and he got the ball down the field really damn effectively in 2013 and people still thought he was a bum.

I don't think there were nearly as many times this season Alshon or Bmarshall were open down the field to be perfectly honest. I also think Cutler hasn't been that accurate in a lot places on the field. Even if he was playing his A game, it isn't like he's had as many opportunities to go deep (especially to BMarsh.) as last yr. That's just a huge factor whether people want to acknowledge it or not.

Then you strawman about people wanting to keep Cutler when I said , "he isn't the solution," in the post the guy responded to.

You need to read back to see what you are actually responding to ....

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think there were nearly as many times this season Alshon or Bmarshall were open down the field to be perfectly honest. I also think Cutler hasn't been that accurate in a lot places on the field. Even if he was playing his A game, it isn't like he's had as many opportunities to go deep (especially to BMarsh.) as last yr. That's just a huge factor whether people want to acknowledge it or not.

More bullshit excuses. There were plenty of opportunities for big plays down the field this year. Just because Jay threw it 8 yards out of bounds or under thru it allowing the defender to get back in the play and contest it doesn't mean the opportunity wasn't there.

How quickly people forget.. Wilson was wide fucking open deep several times just the other week vs Dallas and Jay kept missing him. Again, its not a system issue, its an inaccurate QB issue.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's just dumb dude, there are 32 teams and there are not 32 better QB's in the league then Cutler so what the hell are you saying. As far as what system Cutler could do well in, has anyone watched Dallas this year?

LMAO....Romo is a better QB than Cutler

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
More bullshit excuses. There were plenty of opportunities for big plays down the field this year. Just because Jay threw it 8 yards out of bounds or under thru it allowing the defender to get back in the play and contest it doesn't mean the opportunity wasn't there.

How quickly people forget.. Wilson was wide fucking open deep several times just the other week vs Dallas and Jay kept missing him. Again, its not a system issue, its an inaccurate QB issue.

The 1st half of this season it was dramatic how fewer opportunities Jay had to go down the field as opposed to last yr.

If you have to resort to using examples from after the season already had effectively ended and with Marquise, you've already lost the argument bro.

B Marshall was almost never open down the field this whole yr......he went from one of the top down field threats in the NFL to nothing in one offseason.

Honestly, Jay Cutty wasn't all that accurate in 2013 with many of his deep balls; the WR's made adjustments and used body position and size to pull in a lot of those balls, and the OL gave him time.

You're just on the warpath against Jay; which I can understand since he has vastly underperformed where I would have liked him to be too.....but that doesn't mean its all on Jay. No, sorry, it doesn't.

mecha

Liked Posts:
You might be the dumbest poster on this board. You want to get rid of our best player while retaining and continuing to make endless excuses for Cutler.

His stats are inflated by two major things. First, the alarming % of his passes that are dump offs to the RB (he's among the league worst in accuracy beyond 5 yards), and second, most of his production is coming against prevent defenses protecting a lead.

lol. I forgot the green text. :( I'm off the Cutler train, there's no defense of him anymore. there's other teams in the league that have lesser players that produce more. there's an unbelievable number of factors in why the team is so bad this year that I don't even think people have been able to truly identify yet.

and really, I'm the dumbest poster on the board? do you see what illiterate cunts populate this board? or all the douchebag cliques where people circle jerk each other off and blow each other in every thread?

I say this as a bearmick fan.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh and while we're talking about it big plays aren't just about going deep down the field. It's also about all the other "big" plays that Cutler leaves on the field.

OuF6Fe7.jpg

CB blitz from the slot, Marshall wide fucking open looking back for the hot read. Cutler who's already in the gun scanning the field just needs to complete his 2 step drop and throw a simple 10 yard pass that could potentially turn into a HUGE gain. But no, he holds onto the ball and takes a sack even though he obviously saw the blitz coming and knew he had Marshall wide open... WHY ON EARTH IS HE HOLDING ONTO THE BALL THERE?!?

But yeah, let's blame wasted plays like that on the "system" or "play calling". Give me a break. The lack of big plays isn't because of Trestman's play calling, it's because Cutler is playing like a confused rookie and not a 9 year vet that should be at the top of his game and converting routine plays like that in his sleep.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cutler is JAG. Realistic people said this after Martz.

Martz was the QB fixer till he met Jay. Jay was an upgrade on Rex and that's all the team needed if they could have had a professional OLine.

Last edited:

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
It's a shame because I'm really, really curious of what your guys plan is for next season.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
It's a shame because I'm really, really curious of what your guys plan is for next season.

Watch THE Ohio St. win another NC and JT Barrett bring home that sweet sweet Heisman to where it belongs, COLUMBUS, OHIO.

LDO.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think the Martz offense was the right offense. He was 7-3 and improving then Caleb Hanie entered and end of story.

But even for Martz offense you can't just plug in Martz and Cutler. We still needed 3 OL and 2 WR's and a blocking TE to go max protect. We didn't really have the ideal players to run Martz's scheme.

Our management just has no concept of scheme, player type. They aren't putting people in the best position. Yes, schemes and player styles matter. Thats why you don't sign a 350lb run stuffing NT to play 3 technique. You don't sign 360lb RT to run a zone running scheme.

Honestly to get to 7-3 I think we beat a buncha middle of the roaders. When this team can beat TWO high caliber teams ( Like 2 of the Top Ten ) during their schedule we can do some kinda whoopdeeeedooo about our O. If we can't beat the Patriots and The FudgePackers or get close forget it

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:

The plan is drafting a new QB. It's not exactly rocket science. Please try and keep up.

The current QB is a 9 year vet that still plays like he's a confused rookie and can't make routine plays like the one I just posted above that you apologists just want to sweep under the rug and scapegoat on the "system" or "playcalilng".

What's your plan? Stick with the mental midget with fundamental mechanical flaws he refuses to correct and pray that he magically morphs into an elite QB in his 10th season despite the mountain of evidence that says otherwise? No thanks, I'd rather not watch that horror movie again, we all already know how it ends anyways.... infinite turnovers and excuses. No thanks.