dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If we take T-Rex 31" Skoronki over the Ohio state 6'9" 375 lb tackle with 7'6" span that moves really damn well then there isn't much that can save us.

In 3 years bears will have a new scheme per usual and wish they could take the monster.

I'd take the freak in the top 10 and make him LG if that's how they view the o-line.(then in 2 years we can move Jenkins/Jones to tackles)

Why must we be football stupid?

Tell me who really matters on 3rd and 1?
Tell me who really matters when Mack is coming around the edge?
OfficialFlakyIcelandicsheepdog-max-1mb.gif

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looking at this again it's obvious just 3 feet water ..
His technique and upper body mass ratio is important, he brings his body vertical and inertia carries his legs upward without water resistance.
It is key that he does not bring his knees forward until they reach verticality out of the water.
In the end he jumps about 6 inches.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Reading what some people here have been wishing for, I decided to post a video where Greg Gabriel talks about an important comment from Poles in regards to a free agent this year.

Some people have been all hard about getting the LT Orlando Brown from KC as a free agent to be the Bears' LT in 2023. I have been against this because I believe that he is not a scheme fit. Seeing that I am not a scout or in any way associated with an NFL team, my beliefs have been ignored.

Well, in the video, Greg Gabriel talks about when he specifically asked Poles at the East West Shrine Game about some offensive tackle that is one of the top LT free agent targets this year. Poles specifically said that this free agent OT, though one of the better OTs available in free agency, is not a fit for the Bears' scheme.

Greg Gabriel went on to say that that massive RT from Ohio State would not be on the Bears draft board. He also went on to say that any massive defensive two gap nose tackle would not be on the Bears draft board because neither would fit the Bears offensive or defensive schemes.

People need to understand that the Bears want to build their offensive and defensive lines with athletic linemen, hopefully with nasty play styles.

Here is the video.
I think you're right on what they look for.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I think you're right on what they look for.
Poles made it clear that athleticism is a priority. That is why Braxton Jones is almost assured of keeping his LT spot. I hope that he is going mad in the weight room and adds a good amount of muscle to his lower half, which is his biggest weakness at the moment.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Dawan Jones is a special player, which is why I said he should be a top 10 pick even for a dumb ass team that views him as a LG.

So if we drop to 12 and Jones is available, put him as twin towers at guard with Jenkins.

It's a luxury though to have a RT that can pick up 3rd and one AND nobody on earth can get around in under two seconds.

Whatever else the Bears are trying to do is probably bears dumb ass circus stupid anyway, won't work, and will end with Fields on a stretcher but by all means carry on.
This blocking scheme emphasizes quickness and guys that can move to the 2nd Level. Jones wouldn’t fit as a Guard at all.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This blocking scheme emphasizes quickness and guys that can move to the 2nd Level. Jones wouldn’t fit as a Guard at all.
The guy starts at the second level with his reach and moves better than most .

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The guy starts at the second level with his reach and moves better than most .
He’s not going to be an OG if Poles drafts him. Just stop.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He’s not going to be an OG if Poles drafts him. Just stop.
Well they are saying the guy who could end up the best tackle in the draft isn’t going to be on our board.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Well they are saying the guy who could end up the best tackle in the draft isn’t going to be on our board.
I don’t know about all that but he won’t be an OG on this roster.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don’t know about all that but he won’t be an OG on this roster.
Jenkins is 6’7” 330lbs and to them he is an ideal guard, while Jones is the athletic tackle to get outside zones rolling at 6’4”…what am I missing?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Jenkins is 6’7” 330lbs and to them he is an ideal guard, while Jones is the athletic tackle to get outside zones rolling at 6’4”…what am I missing?
Jenkins is 6’6
Dawand is 6’8

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
The idea that Poles opens up about his draft and FA board to GG at the Senior Bowl like a prostitute's legs at a Vegas convention hotel is laughable. CCS opinions are shit, but at least no one acts like we are getting first hand information from the guy 100% responsible for the Bears roster.

Gabriel is a has been hack that makes up shit and talks about his time with the a Bears in 19 aught 8.
Like I said before, it is not like Poles is telling some secret to Gabriel. He has stated and has shown that athletic linemen are what he likes by his actions in 2022. What do Braxton Jones, Ja'tyre Carter and Dominique Robinson have in common? They are all athletic linemen.

Other teams are going to know that athletic is the most important characteristic for linemen to Poles. These are not some hillbilly shucks-you-got-me types. Other team GMs can "read the tea leaves" and already know what Poles wants in a lineman.

As for Gabriel, Gabriel has forgotten more than you or I will ever know about scouting. On top of that, what he still remembers is still more than you and I together know about scouting.

As for Gabriel being a has been, that only points to the time when he was a "he is" which is the time when he was the head scout for the Bears and Lovie brought in his version of the Tampa Two to Chicago. This means that he was perfectly in the know about what type of players fit Lovie's defense which just so happens to be almost exactly what Flus needs in his defense today.

Old fashions often come back in fashion. It just so happens that the knowledge of the has-been Gabriel has just come into style and, thus, Gabriel is in the know of what the current Bears' defense needs.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
WOW. This isn't a pure C2 but it' about the edge getting upfield and turning the corner quickly. Not bulk at the edge. Same for the T. Carter would be fine because he'll move the pocket back but he's not the quick twitch low penetrator that splits a gap before he can be defended. He simply overpowers which makes him viable for any D but he's not a typical 3 tech as he's a little deliberate off the ball. He has all the tools and then some but you'd want to see a star 3 tech obviously be the 1st guy off the snap. None of these guys are perfect but I happily take my chances with either of those 2. I just don't think they're in our future here and I won't lament not drafting them as much as some others.

That said, Carter will be great in any system simply because he's a great FB player.
Calijah Kancey is the one quick twitch low penetrator that splits a gap in this draft. People will shy away from him because he is only 6'1" (one inch shorter than Aaron Donald) and only weights around 280 pounds. I personally would like for a team to move him to DE in a 4-3 on 1st and 2nd downs and back to DT on passing downs. The reason for this is that the most difficult player for OTs to block is a very short player. He is big enough to handle the blocking of an OT because he is used to double teams from OGs and Cs. On passing downs, he could be a part of, what is it called ... a greyhound? ... a stockcar? ... an indycar? pass rush.

I have a video (7:35) where he does an impressive one-man stunt. I think that he is going to be a very good addition to some team which needs that penetrating 3Tech.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Most teams know the schemes of other teams. Telling someone that a certain player doesn't fit their scheme isn't news. Most teams already know this.
Finally!

Someone understands that other teams' GMs don't live their lives under rocks, but are intelligent enough to see what ia going on and can make intelligent decisions and judgements without needing to hear from people on youtube, be they hacks or not.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I like the scenario where Rodgers to Vegas, Carr to 49ers, etc ..

Colts look to draft Stroud...

We get Carter at 4.

But I'm warry of Anderson. I think you are looking at an undersized player who used speed and strength to blow away college players, but only his speed will translate to pros. He's a big safety playing pass rusher.

That wasnt a problem because the rest of Alabama usually had 20 lbs on their man. His league level AND his team hid his size and strength issues.
Anderson seems to be a great fit for a 3-4 OLB, not a 4-3 DE.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Like I said before, it is not like Poles is telling some secret to Gabriel. He has stated and has shown that athletic linemen are what he likes by his actions in 2022. What do Braxton Jones, Ja'tyre Carter and Dominique Robinson have in common? They are all athletic linemen.

Other teams are going to know that athletic is the most important characteristic for linemen to Poles. These are not some hillbilly shucks-you-got-me types. Other team GMs can "read the tea leaves" and already know what Poles wants in a lineman.

As for Gabriel, Gabriel has forgotten more than you or I will ever know about scouting. On top of that, what he still remembers is still more than you and I together know about scouting.

As for Gabriel being a has been, that only points to the time when he was a "he is" which is the time when he was the head scout for the Bears and Lovie brought in his version of the Tampa Two to Chicago. This means that he was perfectly in the know about what type of players fit Lovie's defense which just so happens to be almost exactly what Flus needs in his defense today.

Old fashions often come back in fashion. It just so happens that the knowledge of the has-been Gabriel has just come into style and, thus, Gabriel is in the know of what the current Bears' defense needs.
All of which has nothing to do with the fact that Gabriel has spouted BS and been a non-insider for many years. Does anyone ask a 20 year retired mechanic for his advice on fixing a Tesla? He is wrong as often as he is right, which points to him knowing no more than Albright, LaConfora, or other outsiders that just throw darts at the tweet board.

I mean the guy has been without an NFL job for over a decade, he was involuntary retired from the entire NFL. He is not even an actual media member, why would any NFL GM or the like give him any intel on their draft or FA plans?

And as to scheme fit, obviously GM's look for certain types, but at some point skill out values scheme. To say a 1st rnd guy is "not on their draft board" is ignorant and bs . Is he going to be available where the Bears value him, most likely not, but if Dawand Jones or O'cyrus Torrence were there in the 3rd rnd to suggest the Bears would pass merely because they are to big is GG made up stupidity.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Calijah Kancey is the one quick twitch low penetrator that splits a gap in this draft. People will shy away from him because he is only 6'1" (one inch shorter than Aaron Donald) and only weights around 280 pounds. I personally would like for a team to move him to DE in a 4-3 on 1st and 2nd downs and back to DT on passing downs. The reason for this is that the most difficult player for OTs to block is a very short player. He is big enough to handle the blocking of an OT because he is used to double teams from OGs and Cs. On passing downs, he could be a part of, what is it called ... a greyhound? ... a stockcar? ... an indycar? pass rush.

I have a video (7:35) where he does an impressive one-man stunt. I think that he is going to be a very good addition to some team which needs that penetrating 3Tech.

There's a reason they're hard to find and get PAID once proven. I have this problem of envisioning Tommie Harris as prototypical 3 tech but he was special (when healthy) even for top 3Ts. It's not really fair.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Dawan Jones is a special player, which is why I said he should be a top 10 pick even for a dumb ass team that views him as a LG.

So if we drop to 12 and Jones is available, put him as twin towers at guard with Jenkins.

It's a luxury though to have a RT that can pick up 3rd and one AND nobody on earth can get around in under two seconds.

Whatever else the Bears are trying to do is probably bears dumb ass circus stupid anyway, won't work, and will end with Fields on a stretcher but by all means carry on.
One thing I will say is that I loved when Jones destroyed Carter in a run rep during the Senior Bowl.

If Poles thinks that he can check all of the boxes on his list (athleticism being sufficient, not elite), I would not be against the Bears getting him after a trade down to the 2nd half of the 1st round or later.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
All of which has nothing to do with the fact that Gabriel has spouted BS and been a non-insider for many years. Does anyone ask a 20 year retired mechanic for his advice on fixing a Tesla? He is wrong as often as he is right, which points to him knowing no more than Albright, LaConfora, or other outsiders that just throw darts at the tweet board.
So tell me, was Albright, LaConfora or @iueyedoc invited to be part of the scouting of the XFL or part of the team to find improvements for the East West Shrine games?

He may not be an active part of the NFL, but he is still respected in the football community.
I mean the guy has been without an NFL job for over a decade, he was involuntary retired from the entire NFL. He is not even an actual media member, why would any NFL GM or the like give him any intel on their draft or FA plans?
Would Poles talk to you?

No, because you have nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with football. Gabriel was at the East West Shrine game because he is a part of a committee to think of improvements to the East West Shrine game in the future.

And as to scheme fit, obviously GM's look for certain types, but at some point skill out values scheme. To say a 1st rnd guy is "not on their draft board" is ignorant and bs . Is he going to be available where the Bears value him, most likely not, but if Dawand Jones or O'cyrus Torrence were there in the 3rd rnd to suggest the Bears would pass merely because they are to big is GG made up stupidity.
Sometimes, scheme is king.

Do you remember how the Bears already had Greg Olson on the Bears, but the Bears traded him away because the Bears had an OC who was too stubborn to use a TE in his scheme? And that happened when the player was already part of the Bears.

Can you not imagine the Bears preferring to draft a player that matches their athletic characteristics than someone who does not match it, no matter how much he has fallen (note that it is athletic characteristics, not height).

Now of Jones runs really well for someone his size and shows good athletic skills during the combine, I am sure that Poles will reevaluate him.