Guess this means Miller is staying and Cohen and Ridley will be used more.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I agree with ARob Mooney and Cohen. Why not use Cohen as a slot we this year? He could be deadly in that position if used correctly.
Using Cohen correctly is NOT using him as a WR. WRs get covered by CBs. RBs get covered by linebackers.

CBs can neutralize Cohens skillset. Linebackers can get beaten by Cohens skillset.

Simple.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are folks writing off the speedy Wr off season acquisition? Goodwin ran the third fastest 40 in combine history.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I bet you anything ARob will now sign extension after seeing these two draft picks.... he knows how good Fields will make him look

Also, getting Jenkins is huge for RPO .... he will maul the DE and let Fields run on that side not to mention Monty and Williams will be studs running the ball on Jenkins' side .... this is a very exciting draft

I can see the Bears keep Miller now too and see if he shows up with a real QB throwing the ball
I kind of think that Robinson is actually in a good position. He can stay with the Bears when the cap jumps up next year and there is a lot more money available. Only reason to sign an extension now is injury concerns, but it would be for a whole lot less than he could get in 2022.
Are folks writing off the speedy Wr off season acquisition?
No, I see a speedster from East West Dakota State signing as an UDFA.

DBCOOPER

Liked Posts:
I do not for the life of me understand the WR panic on this board.

Yeah, I don't get it either especially considering the QB play should be a lot better. ARob is a star, Mooney is rising, they've got a couple solid pass catching TEs, Miller shows flashes, and you've also got Cohen and Montgomery out of the backfield.

I'm more concerned with DBs and defensive depth in general.

greg23

Liked Posts:
I agree with ARob Mooney and Cohen. Why not use Cohen as a slot we this year? He could be deadly in that position if used correctly.

he's better matched up out of the backfield vs a lb

he's not a wr level route runner/pass receiver but he's a good rb receiver.....still would like to see an upgrade from miller with speed

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I don't get it either especially considering the QB play should be a lot better. ARob is a star, Mooney is rising, they've got a couple solid pass catching TEs, Miller shows flashes, and you've also got Cohen and Montgomery out of the backfield.

I'm more concerned with DBs and defensive depth in general.
For sure. The problem when trading these picks is some fans expect every hole to be filled and that simply isn't possible. There will always be holes. Always has been. They definitely need another starting corner but if their edge rushers come back healthy and fired up with these big moves on offense, i think the secondary will have more breathing room.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Using Cohen correctly is NOT using him as a WR. WRs get covered by CBs. RBs get covered by linebackers.

CBs can neutralize Cohens skillset. Linebackers can get beaten by Cohens skillset.

Simple.
Cohen has great speed and pretty decent route running. Why is that any different than other slot Wr in the league who beat CBs? I’m not saying using him there 100% of the time but he could be a weapon in that position.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

he's not a wr level route runner/pass receiver but he's a good rb receiver.....still would like to see an upgrade from miller with speed
Agreed he’s a better matchup vs Lbs but he doesn’t need an extensive route tree to play the slot. And I think his hands are fine for the position as well. If he can catch the ball out of the backfield l, he can catch it out of the slot.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Cohen has great speed and pretty decent route running. Why is that any different than other slot Wr in the league who beat CBs? I’m not saying using him there 100% of the time but he could be a weapon in that position.

Yeah all you guys lamenting over these 5 ft 9 WRs but Cohen can't be a slot reciever?

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I've been saying that Cohen as a slot guy makes a lot of sense. There's no reason to play him as a running back when you have two superior ones on the roster already in Montgomery and Williams.

edvedder10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are folks writing off the speedy Wr off season acquisition? Goodwin ran the third fastest 40 in combine history.

I was wondering the same thing. Goodwin is a damn good wr and has speed, hopefully he can stay healthy. He should be ready to roll this season since he opted out of last season due to covid

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've been saying that Cohen as a slot guy makes a lot of sense. There's no reason to play him as a running back when you have two superior ones on the roster already in Montgomery and Williams.
Because RPO

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

No team plays is dumb enough to play a base D with him in the backfield. Depending on the rest of the O personnel and the coverage call (assuming it's man for this example), they flex down a S or sub out one of their LBs for a S to cover him out of the backfield. If he motions out the LB that was assigned to him passes the coverage off. Only if it is a terrible defensive play call will he ever be covered by a LB.

greg23

Liked Posts:
No team plays is dumb enough to play a base D with him in the backfield. Depending on the rest of the O personnel and the coverage call (assuming it's man for this example), they flex down a S or sub out one of their LBs for a S to cover him out of the backfield. If he motions out the LB that was assigned to him passes the coverage off. Only if it is a terrible defensive play call will he ever be covered by a LB.
no safety of corner is covering him when he's lined up in the backfield....its where his mismatches come from.....hed be a blah full time slot wr, because he's not a wr

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Not really worried about the Bears pass catching group. Not sure why people are. (Well, I do. Receivers are exciting and so of course the masses on this board want one)

mecha

Liked Posts:
really now? height is a barometer? Darren Sproles played for about 25 teams, but at 5'6 he excelled on all of them. most of you are still shit.

also I'll take 4 great players in a draft over 13 mediocre ones. especially if they're going toward QB and OL. I predict Pace will spend on defense next. WR is like #18 on the list of priorities. the receivers the team has now are lightyears better than the shit they had between 2008-2017. and you know I'm right.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
no safety of corner is covering him when he's lined up in the backfield....its where his mismatches come from.....hed be a blah full time slot wr, because he's not a wr
Why would a S not be covering him out of the backfield? He isn't a threat to run up the middle so there is no reason to have a traditional LB in there. This isn't the 80s where stacking the box is a prime directive; when teams see a tiny back like Cohen in they sub out a LB for an extra S/rover type player.