Guns

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Since the topic of concealed carry has come up in this thread...what kind of places are you randomly cruising around in to make you scared enough to feel carrying outweighs the hassle?

I have a co worker who just about died from joy when cc was enacted. He carried everywhere.

He stopped due to it being a pain in the ass- get in the car with it on. Get to the destination, take it off and lock it up because most places dont want you carrying inside. Rinse and repeat.

He said the final straw was going to play poker at the grand Victoria.
I could see his reasoning for taking it..he is a skinny little guy and he could very well have pissed someone off playing poker.
Well- he takes it off, plays, comes back to the truck to find out someone broke in and stole it along with a crap ton of other stuff.

What he said about it was priceless..."I quit carrying after that because not only did I lose a very expensive item, I also turned a low level burglar in to an armed robber".

Isn't carrying just a pain in the ass? If it is done during the course of your daily routine, how many times do you have to take it off and put it back?
Does removing it repeatedly and worrying about leaving it sit in the glove box outweigh the comfort it gives you driving from point a to point b?

Mitchapalooza

I like watching the YouTube vids for entertainment but you can’t trust these guys cause they just pimp guns they are paid to basically sell to us. It’s like gun of the year by nra is often which company donated the most funds that year lol

I like user reviews on the forums. You get the trolls that just trash a firearm cause they can’t afford it but nothing more honest than someone’s every day experience. Thanks to that I was able to save over two grand by canceling my preorder on the mdr which ended up being a big dud

Sights are cheap to replace I’m more worried about feeding issues. Who the hell wants an expensive paper weight

hickock45 is actually a great guy. He doesn't monetize any of his videos and doesn't make money off youtube. He said he doesn't care about the money and just wants to educate people on firearms.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Since the topic of concealed carry has come up in this thread...what kind of places are you randomly cruising around in to make you scared enough to feel carrying outweighs the hassle?

I have a co worker who just about died from joy when cc was enacted. He carried everywhere.

He stopped due to it being a pain in the ass- get in the car with it on. Get to the destination, take it off and lock it up because most places dont want you carrying inside. Rinse and repeat.

I could see his reasoning for taking it..he is a skinny little guy and he could very well have pissed someone off playing poker.
Well- he takes it off, plays, comes back to the truck to find out someone broke in and stole it along with a crap ton of other stuff.

What he said about it was priceless..."I quit carrying after that because not only did I lose a very expensive item, I also turned a low level burglar in to an armed robber".

Isn't carrying just a pain in the ass? If it is done during the course of your daily routine, how many times do you have to take it off and put it back?
Does removing it repeatedly and worrying about leaving it sit in the glove box outweigh the comfort it gives you driving from point a to point b?

I’ve never locked my gun in the car. It’s the number one way guns get stolen. If I know I’m going somewhere it’s not allowed I just don’t carry it. Most of the time I carry is being at work. I deal with allot of cash. At the home with kids around now it’s hard to have a stash all over in case of home invasions which is getting to be bigger and bigger thing these days. But there is always a gun and rifle ready to go at all times. Before I used to place stuff around the house in strategic locations cause I’m not walking around the house bolstering a gun or carrying my rifle around lol just can’t do that anymore with kids around

Reactions: DC

blinddeafmute

Liked Posts:
You don't feel safe without a gun? Kinda pussy

Lol, that is such a disingenuous argument. I also wear a seatbelt in a late model vehicle with a good crash rating... not because I'm a "pussy". I lock my doors and have a security system. I assume you also take some precautionary actions such as those. It's not done out of fear, it's done out of a duty to protect oneself.

You also asked if I am a little guy as if that would be the only reason anyone would ever carry a firearm. That answer is no. I'm 6'3" and 213lbs as of this morning (working on getting under 200). The only person in my family under 6' and 200lbs would be my mother. That includes both of my sons.

Are there any other assumptions that you would like to make?

blinddeafmute

Liked Posts:

As I just mentioned. I do not carry out of fear. I carry due to a knowledge that anything can happen at any time and therefore I am preparing myself in case a situation occurs. In my 41 years I have never had to pull my firearm, just as I have never had an airbag deploy. That does not mean that it is unnecessary.

As Bearzombie said, if I have to lock my gun in my car, then I just don't take it with me. I'd rather not have it locked in my vehicle. My state has pretty lax gun laws so most places allow you to carry and many even allow open carry.

I don't find it to be a pain in the ass. I carry at the 3'oclock position and prefer an outside the waistband holster. At that position it does not interfere with getting in and out of a vehicle, etc.

blinddeafmute

Liked Posts:
gonna get a Ruger LCP to carry during the summer.

The Ruger LC series is a very nice pistol. The reason I chose the shield over the LC9 is because I have a very wide/square palm and the lc9 didn't fit well. It's quite a bit thinner than the sheild which is very nice for concealment. Also the Shield comes with an extended mag so you can get a full 3 fingers on the grip. I cannot stand having my pinky dangling off of the grip. I also reload ammo for competition shooting so I wanted to keep it all uniform. Sorting .380 brass from 9mm brass is a pain in the ass. The Ruger also comes in a 9mm (LC9S) so that wasn't an issue.

Last, but not least. I'm not a fan of the trigger pull on most striker fired pistols. Thats why I carry the CZ75 P-01 in the winter. I much prefer sa/da triggers. I haven't fired a gen 2 shield, but I have heard that the trigger upgrade is substantial. I replaced the trigger in my gen1 shield with the Apex duty/carry package which made a ton of difference in the trigger pull.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Lol, that is such a disingenuous argument. I also wear a seatbelt in a late model vehicle with a good crash rating... not because I'm a "pussy". I lock my doors and have a security system. I assume you also take some precautionary actions such as those. It's not done out of fear, it's done out of a duty to protect oneself.

You also asked if I am a little guy as if that would be the only reason anyone would ever carry a firearm. That answer is no. I'm 6'3" and 213lbs as of this morning (working on getting under 200). The only person in my family under 6' and 200lbs would be my mother. That includes both of my sons.

Are there any other assumptions that you would like to make?
You have a physically large family. Every single dude in my immediate family is under 6 feet and 200 pounds (oldest brother is 5'11'' he's tallest).

blinddeafmute

Liked Posts:
You have a physically large family. Every single dude in my immediate family is under 6 feet and 200 pounds (oldest brother is 5'11'' he's tallest).

Yeah, my mom is 5'9" and around 160. My dad is 6' and around 240. My older brother is 6'1" and around 230. My younger brother is also 6'3" and around 190. My oldest son is 21yo and 6"1" and around 170. My youngest son is 17yo and 6'5" and around 240. My ex-wife is 5"11" so both of my boys were going to be big. I wear my youngest son's hand-me-downs. (buying him clothes kind of sucks) I ordered 3 pairs of jeans for him last Christmas 36" waist, 36" inseam and they didn't fit so I had to order him 36" waist, 38" inseam. I kept the original order and had the length altered so that I could wear them.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Yeah, my mom is 5'9" and around 160. My dad is 6' and around 240. My older brother is 6'1" and around 230. My younger brother is also 6'3" and around 190. My oldest son is 21yo and 6"1" and around 170. My youngest son is 17yo and 6'5" and around 240. My ex-wife is 5"11" so both of my boys were going to be big. I wear my youngest son's hand-me-downs. (buying him clothes kind of sucks) I ordered 3 pairs of jeans for him last Christmas 36" waist, 36" inseam and they didn't fit so I had to order him 36" waist, 38" inseam. I kept the original order and had the length altered so that I could wear them.
Damn, youngest is a monster lol.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I’ve never locked my gun in the car. It’s the number one way guns get stolen. If I know I’m going somewhere it’s not allowed I just don’t carry it. Most of the time I carry is being at work. I deal with allot of cash. At the home with kids around now it’s hard to have a stash all over in case of home invasions which is getting to be bigger and bigger thing these days. But there is always a gun and rifle ready to go at all times. Before I used to place stuff around the house in strategic locations cause I’m not walking around the house bolstering a gun or carrying my rifle around lol just can’t do that anymore with kids around

Does your work situation allow you to carry in places in which others cannot?

I had this on my mind today as I did my weekend running... and everywhere I went had the no gun sign.
The places I go for leisure have them as well.

Not knocking concealed carry guys... just legitimately trying to think of an activity where one would NOT be a pain in the ass.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

I had this on my mind today as I did my weekend running... and everywhere I went had the no gun sign.

Not knocking concealed carry guys... just legitimately trying to think of an activity where one would NOT be a pain in the ass.

A shooting range.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

It's that way on purpose in Illinois, other states are much different.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

Only restrictions are schools hospitals federal buildings airports events like sports concerts and bars. A business has a right to prohibit but I have yet to see one post a sign.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Only restrictions are schools hospitals federal buildings airports events like sports concerts and bars. A business has a right to prohibit but I have yet to see one post a sign.

You must not be looking, or perhaps in the boonies?
Every place I hit had a little white 3"x3" gun with a circle and slash by the doors- I went to meijer, BP, the fresh market, my bank, walmart, and Kohls- every one of em had one.
Maybe I am the one in the boonies and it is just a rural thing. who knows.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Every place I hit had a little white 3"x3" gun with a circle and slash by the doors- I went to meijer, BP, the fresh market, my bank, walmart, and Kohls- every one of em had one.

I live in the suburbs of Detroit no boonies. In Michigan I have not seen one place advertise gun free zone that isn’t already one by federal law. Bank is federal btw and so is post office. Often times people mistake those two and still carry there. It’s a big no no

I think the difference to my geographic to yours is we have been free to carry much longer than the liberal dominant states. So it’s like not a thing to us. You guys just recently got carry licenses so someone living in your locale all their life won’t get it like someone from another locale with a different set of laws they grew up on

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Wife is in the middle of processing for her IL CC permit. People don't generally discuss why they *need* these things BTW. You either get it or you don't and there is no amount of discussion that will change that. People who don't get it will follow the same trend, they will just jump to conclusions and throw out insecurity insults(because that is part of their assumption), as if they are entitled to have others debunk them. Just be happy you don't have a genuine need(not using the word need lightly) to defend yourself.

blinddeafmute

Liked Posts:

I live just outside of Indianapolis and I rarely if ever see the no gun signs on doors in this area. The only one that I can think off hand is at my doctor's office. I travel the entire state for work and can't recall any other places that I have seen a sign. I take a lot of small road trip kind of vacations per year and the Chicago area seems to be the only place I see them. I'm there 2-3 times per year for Bears and Cubs games. I don't recall ever seeing them in Nebraska, Iowa, Ohio, Kentucky or Tennessee. I've been to each of those states within the last year. Like you though, I might just not have noticed them because I haven't ever taken a firearm across state lines.

Mitchapalooza

The Ruger LC series is a very nice pistol. The reason I chose the shield over the LC9 is because I have a very wide/square palm and the lc9 didn't fit well. It's quite a bit thinner than the sheild which is very nice for concealment. Also the Shield comes with an extended mag so you can get a full 3 fingers on the grip. I cannot stand having my pinky dangling off of the grip. I also reload ammo for competition shooting so I wanted to keep it all uniform. Sorting .380 brass from 9mm brass is a pain in the ass. The Ruger also comes in a 9mm (LC9S) so that wasn't an issue.

Last, but not least. I'm not a fan of the trigger pull on most striker fired pistols. Thats why I carry the CZ75 P-01 in the winter. I much prefer sa/da triggers. I haven't fired a gen 2 shield, but I have heard that the trigger upgrade is substantial. I replaced the trigger in my gen1 shield with the Apex duty/carry package which made a ton of difference in the trigger pull.
I have a Shield 9mm as well but I wanted something even smaller for summer. And they're cheap, like $200.

Mitchapalooza

BTW, people still carry in stores that have those no gun signs. That's just store policy, not law. If they notice you have a gun, they'll just tell you to leave. Not like you get arrested or anything. Federal buildings are the ones you can't carry in.