Had the Bears went and lost to NE 13-3...

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The Gurley situation is really intriguing. One of the most dynamic weapons in the NFL is :
a) injured and not put on the injury report for competitive advantage reasons, which would be a huge issue with the NFL/Vegas marriage.
b) having issues unrelated to football impacting his services.
c) falling out of favor with McVay for unknown reasons. Maybe he likes the bigger bruising backs.

c) is the most unlikely, but if it's true Pace should hit up the Rams for a Gurley/Howard swappola. Hell they might even want to get rid of that choker Zuerlein. Throw in Parkey on a four Deal.

Get it done, Pace.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trubisky, even if he had a down game, would threaten the Pats defense more than Goff.

Decatur Staley

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Gurley situation is really intriguing. One of the most dynamic weapons in the NFL is :
a) injured and not put on the injury report for competitive advantage reasons, which would be a huge issue with the NFL/Vegas marriage.
b) having issues unrelated to football impacting his services.
c) falling out of favor with McVay for unknown reasons. Maybe he likes the bigger bruising backs.

c) is the most unlikely, but if it's true Pace should hit up the Rams for a Gurley/Howard swappola. Hell they might even want to get rid of that choker Zuerlein. Throw in Parkey on a four Deal.

Get it done, Pace.

We should go ahead and try to get that Donald guy too... Nichols (younger) and Fitts (pass rush) ought to do it.

Get it done, Pace.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
We should go ahead and try to get that Donald guy too... Nichols (younger) and Fitts (pass rush) ought to do it.

Get it done, Pace.
That would be great but they would have to restructure his deal to 3-4M per year, could be a sticking point.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I gotta be honest. If Parkey makes that kick, I think the Bears have a really really good shot to be in the Super Bowl. Their D is just so legit. The Bears are better than the Rams. And I don’t even think that’s that controversial to say.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Goff is a spectacular passer when left entirely alone. With any pressure on him at all he instantaneously becomes total garbage, perhaps bottom 5 in the league.

Play action makes him.

I forget the stat exactly, but his play action numbers are off the charts. And his non-play action numbers are absolutely terrible. Doesn’t seem like a recipe for long-term success in the NFL.

napo55

Liked Posts:
So now the discussion is how the Bears and Trubisky would have fared against NE. Think how far we have come in a year to even having this discussion.

As far as the few individuals who habitually criticize Trubisky, I understand how hard it must be in light of this franchise's dismal experience with QBs to accept the reality that we finally have a real QB. So don't be too hard on them. They will eventually come around.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
15 points isn't enough in a playoff game. Just ask Remy.

Lol, there are a lot of people that cry about the vortex trying to pick a fight I see. The offense yesterday was atrocious and substandard. No one is defending it so there is nothing for me to discuss. I know several Pats fans and they all said Brady was terrible and the D bailed him out. Nor is anyone trying to defend the atrocious Rams O. Only in Chicago is the standard for O and QB performance so low that we celebrate 15 points.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
As for McVay, he fell victim to his own press just like Nagy did at times. The fact is they are both young coaches that for all their genius make boneheaded decisions. They also are two of the worst clock managers in the NFL. They just get away with it more often than not against lesser teams.

Pats apparently just dusted off the same gameplan Patricia used in the Lions game and uber genius McVay didn't have an answer for it as if he had no idea Patricia is a former Pats coach and that Bellichek would likely review the game film.

The Rams performance was all the more pathetic because I am sure the Saints would have happily taken this opportunity. To think the refs fucked them just so the Rams could go out there and put up 3 points and keep their best player on the bench for most of the game is amazing.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Goff has a lot of Kirk Cousins in him. They are pretty much identical IMO in terms of skill set; Goff is not quite the mental midget as of yet. He’s still young.
I'm not saying you're wrong, but aren't you assuming Goff had an open receiver to throw on most of the downs? The broadcast often doesn't display enough of the field to see if he has the proper space to make a throw. Maybe the passes he threw, and didn't throw, were about as good as any of the top shelf QBs could have made?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Lol, there are a lot of people that cry about the vortex trying to pick a fight I see. The offense yesterday was atrocious and substandard. No one is defending it so there is nothing for me to discuss. I know several Pats fans and they all said Brady was terrible and the D bailed him out. Nor is anyone trying to defend the atrocious Rams O. Only in Chicago is the standard for O and QB performance so low that we celebrate 15 points.

Not picking a fight but if Parkey makes the field goal, the Bears 18 would have been more than the Patriots and Rams together. Pretty impressive ... how that Super Bowl sucked.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not picking a fight but if Parkey makes the field goal, the Bears 18 would have been more than the Patriots and Rams together. Pretty impressive ... how that Super Bowl sucked.

It was one of the worst SBs I have ever seen. I cut it off at halftime and just checked the box score periodically.

clear

Liked Posts:
I'll say it for the last time. I believe the Bears were the best team in football, and they lost because they tried to be something they were not on offense. If your two best backs get only 11 carries in a game you lose 16-15 you don't deserve to win that game.

And Trubisky is better than Goff. Easily, the worst QB performance in Superbowl history. They could of played that game until next year, and Goff probably still never makes a play.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Easily, the worst QB performance in Superbowl history. They could of played that game until next year, and Goff probably still never makes a play.

Not even remotely close.

Kerry Collins 15/39 112 yds 0 TD 4 INT

Thanks

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It was one of the worst SBs I have ever seen. I cut it off at halftime and just checked the box score periodically.

I'm only saying this once. The point is that every game is different and to use one game's point total as a reference for what is or isn't good enough to win a SB is complete idiocy. Sometimes you try to make a point and it backfires. I know you'll spin it instead of own it so have at me. It's a free throw for you.

clear

Liked Posts:
Of course Collins had a worse game statistically. What you fail to comprehend is that the Ravens actually were a great defense, and the Patriots were average at best. Goff made the Patriots defense look like the 85 Bears. And this is with a great offense. And his own defense kept him in the the game throughout. You could of put any backup QB in the NFL in there for the Rams, and they might of won that game.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Defenses are as good as they play that day. They took a page from the Bears, rushed vertical and the Rams didn't respond. Matchups matter and BB is good at finding ones to his favor. McVay screwed the pooch by either not adjusting or forcing his will. He seemed complacent in his approach but that happened because he was outschemed. Goff may be a bit of a wus under pressure but he wasn't calling his own plays nor making personnel decisions. They've been the most potent O for the last couple years by keeping him clean with movement and play action. Neither of which were in effect this game.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts: