Had the Bears went and lost to NE 13-3...

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Don't think anyone is using the Pats defensive showing for anything. Most are just asking you to explain your faulty logic.

It was explained in the paragraph right above the one you quoted. 2 teams playing shitty offense yesterday doesn't mean the Bears offense was not shitty. Pretty simple concept.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
yaqn4rx.gif

Visionman

Liked Posts:
The GOAT and his offense were fucking terrible yesterday. That doesn't make the Bears offense good.

The Pats offense wasn't playoff worthy yesterday. They just got bailed out by a great defensive performance and an even shittier offense in the Rams. Not really sure why so many of you are so emo that we are still talking about this.

Both those teams clearly sucked. Should have been Oakland vs. the 49ers...

msadows

Liked Posts:
The GOAT and his offense were fucking terrible yesterday. That doesn't make the Bears offense good.

The Pats offense wasn't playoff worthy yesterday. They just got bailed out by a great defensive performance and an even shittier offense in the Rams. Not really sure why so many of you are so emo that we are still talking about this.

Or...wait for this....Maybe both defenses played well?

You know defense still exists in the nfl, right? Those players get paid too. If you actually watched the Eagles game you'd realize their defense played very well for the majority of the game too, and was a big part of the bears struggles. Sometime you need to give the other guys credit instead of blaming your own guys for sucking.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

You know defense still exists in the nfl, right? Those players get paid too. If you actually watched the Eagles game you'd realize their defense played very well for the majority of the game too, and was a big part of the bears struggles. Sometime you need to give the other guys credit instead of blaming your own guys for sucking.

Remy famously said the defense did their job after they gave up the game winning 4th & 1 TD.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild

Probably because you're easy bait

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
What do you think caused him to go from 16 carries against the Cowboy to 4 against the Saints?

I thought I just told you? Rams were able to move the ball and score points with their passing game against New Orleans.

They didn't need him against the Saints?

The Rams won the game and outgained New Orleans 378-290?

He was primed to be MVP of the NFL before the injury.

Thanks! I agree that if the NFL MVP was healthy, then his team probably would have used him.

They needed him against the Saints as much as anybody.

I thought they needed Gurley more against the Patriots. Silly me.

Obviously, he was not available.

Obviously, he was available for at least 10 carries. And it probably would have helped the Rams play-action game to simply have the threat of Gurley on the field, as opposed to standing on the sidelines.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
And the Pats "playoff worthy offense" only scored 13 in the SB. I guess a strong defensive performance coupled with a competent offense can still get you a hoisting of the Lombardi trophy

That's what makes Belichick such a visionary coach. He's already figured out that if you score more points than your opponent, you will increase your chance of winning the game.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
:dontsay: This came back up because the topic was well discussed before a definitive result.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
That's what makes Belichick such a visionary coach. He's already figured out that if you score more points than your opponent, you will increase your chance of winning the game.

Wannstedt never figured this one out

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Trestman never figured out that the opposition needed to score less points.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Wannstedt never figured this one out

Two interesting things...when the Bears hired Wannstedt, they actually got rid of Bill Tobin and gave Wannstedt the GM duties. Think about that...not only is it Dave Wannstedt, but at the time his entire NFL career consisted of 4 seasons as the Cowboys DC...just an incredible move by the Bears. Lets make an assistant coach with less than 5 years of experience our head coach, and at the same time make him our GM! Wannstedt has more Bear playoff wins than Ryan Pace, tho.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Two interesting things...when the Bears hired Wannstedt, they actually got rid of Bill Tobin and gave Wannstedt the GM duties. Think about that...not only is it Dave Wannstedt, but at the time his entire NFL career consisted of 4 seasons as the Cowboys DC...just an incredible move by the Bears. Lets make an assistant coach with less than 5 years of experience our head coach, and at the same time make him our GM! Wannstedt was more Bear playoff wins than Ryan Pace, tho.

Coincidentally they scored the same amount of points in their playoff loss, no?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It was really odd...like McVay was out-coaching himself.

He's admitted as much. Something about scoring 15 points or similar.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild

Definitely ahead of his time...the 13 points proved that!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Not sure your point. A D playing well and an offense sucking are not mutually exclusive.

Probably because you're easy bait

But then who is creating the vortex if people decide to bring up old arguments because they still emo about them?

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure your point. A D playing well and an offense sucking are not mutually exclusive.

But then who is creating the vortex if people decide to bring up old arguments because they still emo about them?

I prefer when it was called the remyzone.