dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Obviously we all know what eddie does best, but even when he had a true SS lined up next to him in Amos he still lined up in the slot/box a lot.

He's improved drastically in the box since college, and he's always been fantastic as a cover option in the slot because of his cornerback background.

I'm just saying the guy is fuckin versatile, me saying he's the best SS in the league is an def a large overstatement, but he isn't a liability playing in the box like he was coming out of alabama.

His rookie year he played in the box 26% of the time.

The biggest drastic change this year isn't the amount he played in the box, its the amount he spent covering the slot. You could attribute that change as much to the loss of bryce callahan as the gain of clinton dix.

By week 11 of this past year, He already had more snaps covering the slot as he did in 2017/18 combined.

Yes i've been agreeing that he's been playing other positions but FS. I know he's played in the box before last year for us and never said he didn't. He's definitely versatile and we never disagreed with that. The only thing i disagreed with is you saying he's the best SS and NB in the league as well as FS. All the other stuff you keep saying is stuff i already know. What i'm saying is his best position is FS and that's where i'd rather him play. I would rather we sign a true SS over re-signing HHCD and now i'm not even sure this tweet of us re-signing HHCD is even real, but if we could get HHCD at the price it said we got him for in the tweet then i'm 100% fine with re-signing him and having Eddie playing mostly SS.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Not a fan of this personnel decision because of the impact to Jackson’s play, but at least it’s a good financial deal.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Yes i've been agreeing that he's been playing other positions but FS. I know he's played in the box before last year for us and never said he didn't. He's definitely versatile and we never disagreed with that. The only thing i disagreed with is you saying he's the best SS and NB in the league as well as FS. All the other stuff you keep saying is stuff i already know. What i'm saying is his best position is FS and that's where i'd rather him play. I would rather we sign a true SS over re-signing HHCD and now i'm not even sure this tweet of us re-signing HHCD is even real, but if we could get HHCD at the price it said we got him for in the tweet then i'm 100% fine with re-signing him and having Eddie playing mostly SS.

Bruh, I just told you his play at FS went down more because he covered the slot more. That has nothing to do with HaHa. If anything that has more to do with losing bryce callahan.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/b...tions-playing-different-position-chuck-pagano

Eddie will get turnovers no matter where you play him, and HaHa will get more turnovers probably than any other safety combo we can field....if we get pressure. Simple as that.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Not a fan of this personnel decision because of the impact to Jackson’s play, but at least it’s a good financial deal.

Overblown, again.

You get a pass rush and it will impact jackson's "play".

Turnovers didn't go down because eddie played in different spots, turnovers went down across the board because Hicks was hurt, Floyd was non existent, and Mack had the worst year of his career. Hard to get INT's with zero pressure unless you're playing Jamies Winston.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Bruh, I just told you his play at FS went down more because he covered the slot more. That has nothing to do with HaHa. If anything that has more to do with losing bryce callahan.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/b...tions-playing-different-position-chuck-pagano

Eddie will get turnovers no matter where you play him, and HaHa will get more turnovers probably than any other safety combo we can field....if we get pressure. Simple as that.

You're impossible....Bruh. Now we can't even come up with a better S combo for turnovers. If you say so.

msadows

Liked Posts:
You're impossible....Bruh. Now we can't even come up with a better S combo for turnovers. If you say so.

HaHa and Eddie would most definately cause more turnovers than Amos/Eddie in 2018 if we had the same pass rush as we did in 2018.

You do realize most interceptions occur due to qb pressure....right?

msadows

Liked Posts:
I'm just saying, everyone is acting like HaHa is the reason Eddie didn't get the turnover numbers like he did in 2018.

That's false, its the fact we barely pressured the qb in the second half of the season. All you gotta do is watch the games. IDK if some of you do. Having two playmakers at safety should net you more turnovers, not less.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm just saying, everyone is acting like HaHa is the reason Eddie didn't get the turnover numbers like he did in 2018.

That's false, its the fact we barely pressured the qb in the second half of the season. All you gotta do is watch the games. IDK if some of you do. Having two playmakers at safety should net you more turnovers, not less.

Teams also don’t throw at guys who take the ball away. They make it a point not to.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Teams also don’t throw at guys who take the ball away. They make it a point not to.

This as well.

In the long run I prefer Eddie/HaHa over Amos/Eddie, and HaHa is making like less than half what Amos is.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
Would be a good team friendly deal if true, but I can't find any confirmation

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
HaHa and Eddie would most definately cause more turnovers than Amos/Eddie in 2018 if we had the same pass rush as we did in 2018.

You do realize most interceptions occur due to qb pressure....right?

I do realize that many INT's occur due to QB pressure but i didn't realize that Amos and HaHa were the only other safeties in the league that can play with Eddie but thanks for that valuable info...SMDH.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Would be a good team friendly deal if true, but I can't find any confirmation

Yeah i've been asking about this but nobody seems to have an answer for who that Jeff Buck guy even is and haven't seen anything anywhere else about us signing HaHa back.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This as well.

In the long run I prefer Eddie/HaHa over Amos/Eddie, and HaHa is making like less than half what Amos is.
He's making much less than half. Packers probably cut Amos next offseason. Amos intercepted Haskins & Trubs last year. 2 of the worst QB's in the league. That's it

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So is this confirmed? I didnt find it anywhere

msadows

Liked Posts:
I do realize that many INT's occur due to QB pressure but i didn't realize that Amos and HaHa were the only other safeties in the league that can play with Eddie but thanks for that valuable info...SMDH.

You said you'd prefer a more prototypical strong safety to line up next to him.

I told you that if you get pressure the turnover numbers would probably have been higher with HaHa at safety in 2018. Having two ball hawks back there isn't exactly a bad thing.

We didn't have an issue stopping the run because of HaHa. We averaged literally a tenth of a yard higher this year and had much more injuries on the front 7. Their missed tackle percentages were about the same. HaHa was better against the pass, much better actually.

I don't mind having two safeties who are good against the pass in a pass happy league.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Jackson has played in the box often under Fangio, but it was almost never in obvious running situations (1st down/short yardage). Under Pagano he’s been the primary box safety in obvious running situations, and he struggled at times throughout the season. You are taking away from his primary strengths (instincts/range) and putting him into situations where he is the weakest (tackling).

The statement someone else said on here that Jackson is the top box safety in the league is utterly ridiculous. His value to the team is not being realized when he’s playing downhill, simple as that. But he is still much better at it than HHCD, so it is still in Pagano’s best interest to keep playing him there.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Jackson has played in the box often under Fangio, but it was almost never in obvious running situations (1st down/short yardage). Under Pagano he’s been the primary box safety in obvious running situations, and he struggled at times throughout the season. You are taking away from his primary strengths (instincts/range) and putting him into situations where he is the weakest (tackling).

The statement someone else said on here that Jackson is the top box safety in the league is utterly ridiculous. His value to the team is not being realized when he’s playing downhill, simple as that. But he is still much better at it than HHCD, so it is still in Pagano’s best interest to keep playing him there.

That was me and it was overblown, I admit, but he's improved tremendously since college.

He was one of the worst tacklers in college at the safety position coming out. He's not that bad now. Still not amazing, but for a FS he is more than good enough.

The biggest change this year was the fact he played a lot in the slot as well, he played less in the box in 2018 but played a lot of it under fangio in 2017. He's never really played that much in the slot until this year under pagano. That had nothing to do with HaHa, again, which is where all this talk about having a more "true SS" next to Eddie started.