Haskins released

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
Sometimes it’s the NFL clubs that ruin these QBs. Not the QB themself. It’s a league of opportunity. There are reasons John Elway and Eli Manning refused to play for specific teams. They knew what going to a bad franchise can do to you.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
Vinny Testaverde i thought that guy was gonna be the greatest of all time coming outta college
Had a solid NFL career. I’m from NY and all my jets fans friends are die hard Vinny fans. Looking at his stats looks like you’re looking at 3 avg QBs careers combined.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I was trying to remember who Haskins reminded me of..

Yep, I always thought haskins would bust just like 'Marcus. Both showed zero work ethic, but seemed to have low football iq's. Both were products of good college talent around them and good college systems.

Honestly, a lot of success in the NFL is just straight effort, or any pro sport really. It's why mitchell sucking is a shame, because he's cared/tried as hard as any QB we've had in a while....guy just doesn't have it.

DB012031

Liked Posts:
Nothing high. But any QB that has came from Ohio State hasn't done well. Including Heisman winner Troy Smith, Terrell Pryor, Cardale Jones etc etc

In Pryor's defense, he moved to WR and actually a very good 2016 in Cleveland with over 1000 Yards. I always thought, after watching him at Ohio State, that would would have made a better receiver in the Pro's had he made the position switch sooner.

However, 2016 was his only good year at WR...

DB012031

Liked Posts:
Yep, I always thought haskins would bust just like 'Marcus. Both showed zero work ethic, but seemed to have low football iq's. Both were products of good college talent around them and good college systems.

Honestly, a lot of success in the NFL is just straight effort, or any pro sport really. It's why mitchell sucking is a shame, because he's cared/tried as hard as any QB we've had in a while....guy just doesn't have it.

Can't disagree with what you said above. Its also why college stats always have to be taken with a grain of salt.

Diehard Big Ten guy here and when I saw Haskins play, yeah he put up numbers, but the talent between Ohio State and everyone else was substantial. He was always throwing to wide open receivers which told me it was more about the system and talent discrepancy. You rarely saw him throw into tight windows or have that perfect ball placement with a covered receiver. It was really just throw to the fastest guy on the field.

On the flip side, after watching Joe Burrow for that 1 great year at LSU, my only concern was what would happen if he got "punched in the mouth" but I never worried about the talent/ability. Yes, LSU was loaded last year, but if you watched Burrow play, he was dropping dimes all game long. Throwing into tight windows, perfect ball placement to covered receivers. It was a completely different showing.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Can't disagree with what you said above. Its also why college stats always have to be taken with a grain of salt.

Diehard Big Ten guy here and when I saw Haskins play, yeah he put up numbers, but the talent between Ohio State and everyone else was substantial. He was always throwing to wide open receivers which told me it was more about the system and talent discrepancy. You rarely saw him throw into tight windows or have that perfect ball placement with a covered receiver. It was really just throw to the fastest guy on the field.

On the flip side, after watching Joe Burrow for that 1 great year at LSU, my only concern was what would happen if he got "punched in the mouth" but I never worried about the talent/ability. Yes, LSU was loaded last year, but if you watched Burrow play, he was dropping dimes all game long. Throwing into tight windows, perfect ball placement to covered receivers. It was a completely different showing.

Yup, exactly how I feel about trask this year(But I don't think he will be anywhere as good a pro prospect as burrow). Trask has tons of talent, but he makes a ton of NFL perfect throws, and its against good competition.

I'm not sure if he will be good in the pro's or not, but outside of wilson he's the only other QB in this draft I like(Lawrence doesn't count cause hes a jag 100%).

People factor way too much into stats in CFB. Usually the guys on a top program will pile on the stats because its easy mode for them, especially when they face inferior competition.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
didn't some people here want to trade Trubisky for Haskins?

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sometimes it’s the NFL clubs that ruin these QBs. Not the QB themself. It’s a league of opportunity. There are reasons John Elway and Eli Manning refused to play for specific teams. They knew what going to a bad franchise can do to you.

There is truth to that but I'm not sure that it is true in this case. Haskins probably was drafted too high but he didn't seem to show the work ethic needed to succeed in this league. There were multiple complaints of him not studying film or working hard in practice. This is a big warning sign to coaches no matter how talented the player is. Prep pays off on game day and lack of prep tends to show as well. You can talk about coaching but the responsibility to study and work hard is the responsibility of the player, not the coaching staff. Hopefully this will be a wakeup call for Dwayne Haskins and he puts in the effort. It might pay off for him. if not he will just be another footnote or a picture in an 'all time 1st round busts' clickbait video.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think getting to the pros really exposes the players that want to be the best from those that just think they want to be the best. The transition from college to professional is harder than any other transition in football and many of these kids simply don't realize how much work it actually is becoming a professional football player. That is why so many fail IMHO.

I'm not saying that all college players were coddled. Most weren't and had to work to get where they were at. Some had freakish talent but even at the college level that will only go so far. But the leap from college, where there are literally hundreds of schools, to a job where you have a chance to be 'the guy' for one of 32 teams is a major leap. And it isn't like the job rolls over to someone new every two or three years like it does in college. At least ten of those positions are held buy guys that aren't going to be knocked off of their perch as the starting QB any time soon. So the pool of available jobs as a starting QB is probably limited to 10-20 spots, each year.

That is rough and I am guessing Dwayne Haskins didn't realize how tough it was going to be. Maybe this is a wakeup call. I sure wish he learns. Just like with Mitch Trubisky his window of opportunity is very small and someone is always there waiting to take that spot.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
There is truth to that but I'm not sure that it is true in this case. Haskins probably was drafted too high but he didn't seem to show the work ethic needed to succeed in this league. There were multiple complaints of him not studying film or working hard in practice. This is a big warning sign to coaches no matter how talented the player is. Prep pays off on game day and lack of prep tends to show as well. You can talk about coaching but the responsibility to study and work hard is the responsibility of the player, not the coaching staff. Hopefully this will be a wakeup call for Dwayne Haskins and he puts in the effort. It might pay off for him. if not he will just be another footnote or a picture in an 'all time 1st round busts' clickbait video.
No in this case this kid is an A+ idiot