Hawks Acquire David Rundblad From Coyotes For 2014 2nd Round Pick

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I didn't want to say it earlier, but bringing in two cheaper offensive dman does make it sound like Leddy could possibly be available. Though not as good, but nonetheless. Only because he's got a year left on his contract and could be looking for another pay raise that he is due. Plus, he's a top 4 dman buried on this team and doesn't look like he's moving up for another year or so.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="CLWolf81" data-cid="222881" data-time="1393992130">

After seeing him in 2 prospects camps, I could have told you that one. -.-</p></blockquote>

Lots of people here were pumping his tires when Olsen was traded to Florida. About him being almost ready.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
I'd rather see Oduya gone and Leddy bumped up to the top 4.... That would actually improve the D, IMO.</p>

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rundbland was in the trade that sent Turris to the Sens, so he considered to have talent and potential, question is if he can live up to his potential. He will likely stay with the team since he isn't waiver exempt.

phranchk

Liked Posts:
No way is Leddy on the block. He's the Hawks best puck moving dman and he's only 23.

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
I just see this as restocking the farm with the obvious losses of Stanton, Kostka and Olsen. I don't really see where this puts Leddy or any of our starting D-men on the hot seat for next year. Leddy is a great talent and it will be tough to resign him, but at this point he just might be worth a 1st rounder to the right team. In the case that it will not work out with him here, I really hope we get a great package in return. </p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Leddy is the better bait but Oduya is the bigger contract. I don't see how getting rid of Leddy helps because you are still about 2 mil short, and I don't know who would take Oduya at about 3.4 (still short but more manageable) and only 1 year left after this one, or maybe that's a plus.</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Pez68" data-cid="222899" data-time="1393998905">
<div>

I'd rather see Oduya gone and Leddy bumped up to the top 4.... That would actually improve the D, IMO.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

The only problem is how bad Leddy is with lefthanded defenseman; he's looked like shit with Hammer and shit with Keith.</p>

</p>

Leddy is top-4 easily but he needs a guy like Seabs, Rosie, Brookbank, or Kostka to be effective.  Hammer at least has some Campbell-like qualities and can play with lefthanders like Oduya.</p>

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
The real question is can they play center?</p>

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="222896" data-time="1393996890">
<div>

Lots of people here were pumping his tires when Olsen was traded to Florida. About him being almost ready.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I might have been the only one that wasn't high on Clendening from what I've seen of him. I don't think he sucks, but I don't think he's ready either. I think his judgment of not staying in school added onto that.</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
Don't forget Rundblad is a right-handed shot. Again this move may not be for right now, but next year he may have a chance to beat Rozsival out for the 6th spot (or atleast rotate). If not, Brookbank is gone next year and Rundblad is a cheap #7 defenseman at less than 800k.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Tony DeFrancesco" data-cid="222934" data-time="1394042134">
<div>

Don't forget Rundblad is a right-handed shot. Again this move may not be for right now, but next year he may have a chance to beat Rozsival out for the 6th spot (or atleast rotate). If not, Brookbank is gone next year and Rundblad is a cheap #7 defenseman at less than 800k.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Didnt' they already give Rosi a contract for next year at a couple mil?</p>

</p>

EDIT, just looked it up. 2.2 Mil with a NTC. I don't think Rosi is going anywhere.</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="222943" data-time="1394043377">
<div>

Didnt' they already give Rosi a contract for next year at a couple mil?</p>

</p>

EDIT, just looked it up. 2.2 Mil with a NTC. I don't think Rosi is going anywhere.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I didn't say they would trade him.</p>

</p>

Keith-Seabrook</p>

Hammer-Oduya</p>

Leddy-Roszival</p>

Rundblad</p>

</p>

But I'm sure Rundblad will get his chance in the line-up, much like Brookbank has. Maybe he even leapfrogs Rozsival and becomes the #6 guy while Rozsival sits as the #7. That would be a lot of offensive punch from our 3rd pairing, I like that.</p>

Forklift

Liked Posts:
Rundblad for a 2 (and PHX picking up 50% of his hit) is highway robbery. He'll thrive in the Hawks' system.</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Forklift" data-cid="222950" data-time="1394044485">
<div>

Rundblad for a 2 (and PHX picking up 50% of his hit) is highway robbery. He'll thrive in the Hawks' system.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

They picked up half? So his cap hit is less than $400k?</p>

</p>

They did the same with Regin.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Tony DeFrancesco" data-cid="222945" data-time="1394043529">
<div>

I didn't say they would trade him.</p>

</p>

Keith-Seabrook</p>

Hammer-Oduya</p>

Leddy-Roszival</p>

Rundblad</p>

</p>

But I'm sure Rundblad will get his chance in the line-up, much like Brookbank has. Maybe he even leapfrogs Rozsival and becomes the #6 guy while Rozsival sits as the #7. That would be a lot of offensive punch from our 3rd pairing, I like that.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

You aren't paying Rozi 2.2 as a 6th man to not play though. And splitting would be even dumber because that's like paying 4.4 then if he's only playing half the games</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="222954" data-time="1394045405">
<div>

You aren't paying Rozi 2.2 as a 6th man to not play though. And splitting would be even dumber because that's like paying 4.4 then if he's only playing half the games</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Why not? He split games with Brookbank last year and has split games with Brookbank/Kostka this year as well. Q has always rotated his #6.</p>

</p>

This year Rozsival has played 36 games, Brookbank 32, Kostka 9. I can't see why Rundblad can't replace Brookbank, or at least Kostka. For less than $400k it's a cheap option, and giving up a high pick tells me they want him to play.</p>

</p>

O'Donnell, Lepisto, Olsen a few years ago... Boynton, Cullimore, Hendry before that. They love rotating that #6.</p>

Forklift

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Tony DeFrancesco" data-cid="222951" data-time="1394044785">
<div>

They picked up half? So his cap hit is less than $400k?</p>

</p>

They did the same with Regin.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

No, that was me misreading his contract numbers. I thought he was getting $1.57MM/per, instead of over 2 years.</p>

</p>

Still, this guy has serious tools. Not as big a steal as Leddy, but pretty damn good.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Tony DeFrancesco" data-cid="222966" data-time="1394045937">
<div>

Why not? He split games with Brookbank last year and has split games with Brookbank/Kostka this year as well. Q has always rotated his #6.</p>

</p>

This year Rozsival has played 36 games, Brookbank 32, Kostka 9. I can't see why Rundblad can't replace Brookbank, or at least Kostka. For less than $400k it's a cheap option, and giving up a high pick tells me they want him to play.</p>

</p>

O'Donnell, Lepisto, Olsen a few years ago... Boynton, Cullimore, Hendry before that. They love rotating that #6.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

That's fine, but this is what I was disputing. Maybe he even leapfrogs Rozsival and becomes the #6 guy while Rozsival sits as the #7</p>

phranchk

Liked Posts:
Or maybe he plays forward.....</p>

I'm joking, but I'm not. Seriously wouldn't put it past Q to have him play a forward position like Brookbank.</p>