Hawks Acquire David Rundblad From Coyotes For 2014 2nd Round Pick

Forklift

Liked Posts:
I think this insurance for next season, since Oduya getting traded is just behind death and taxes on the certainty scale. Rundblad and Clendening will compete for the 5D spot, once Leddy moves up to the 3 spot.</p>

</p>

Add in Dahlbeck and Johns competing for the 7D spot, and the blueline keeps getting younger.</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Forklift" data-cid="223081" data-time="1394128414">
<div>

I think this insurance for next season, since Oduya getting traded is just behind death and taxes on the certainty scale. Rundblad and Clendening will compete for the 5D spot, once Leddy moves up to the 3 spot.</p>

</p>

Add in Dahlbeck and Johns competing for the 7D spot, and the blueline keeps getting younger.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Why do you think Oduya will get traded?</p>

Forklift

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Tony DeFrancesco" data-cid="223156" data-time="1394404533">
<div>

Why do you think Oduya will get traded?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

At this point, he's the Hawks' 5th best defenseman, and it's time to move Leddy up to the second pair. Rundblad will slot into Leddy's abandoned spot on the third pair, so they'd just be carrying his cap hit and not getting value. There are teams out there who would improve their defensive corps by adding Oduya. I expect him to be gone on draft day.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I thought Rundblad was bad last night.</p>

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hammer and Oduya having been shutting down other teams top lines last few months.  Not sure Oduya being traded is a lock, but wouldn't surprise me.</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Forklift" data-cid="224297" data-time="1395846638">
<div>

At this point, he's the Hawks' 5th best defenseman, and it's time to move Leddy up to the second pair. Rundblad will slot into Leddy's abandoned spot on the third pair, so they'd just be carrying his cap hit and not getting value. There are teams out there who would improve their defensive corps by adding Oduya. I expect him to be gone on draft day.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Disagree with that because handedness will be a factor.  Leddy has looked like lukewarm anal seepage when with Keith or Hammer; he's proven he needs to be (a) on his correct side and (b) with a righty to be any good.  Nothing bad about that, Keith is the same.</p>

</p>

I think Oduya might be moved just to make space for Clendening, being a righty he falls in slot 4 or slot-6--regardless of how "good" he is overall, but my gut is telling me we might try to axe Zeus and Rosie, keep Oduya as insurance in Slot 4, and see what Clendening can do.  If Clendening can play with Hammer in slot 4, or if Leddy/Clendening manage to take over the 2nd pairing, then I can see Oduya moved and Brookbank/Runblad platooning the 6th slot unless we get someone cheap and better. Johns could be another righty option.</p>

</p>

Seeing how Leddy plays with Keith, Oduya, and Hammer vs how he plays with Seabrook, Brookbank, & Rosie IMHO makes it painfully obvious that the very last thing the team should do is pair Leddy up with Hammer. </p>

Forklift

Liked Posts:
My crystal ball (you should get one - they're a great conversation piece, but I digress) tells me that you might see Hjalmarsson up with Keith next season, and Seabrook with Leddy. I think Hjammer on the right point could work.</p>

</p>

Rundblad indeed looked brutal last night.</p>

</p>

Something in Clendening just doesn't pass my eye test, but I've been wrong before. Anyway, I'm guessing Fournier is going to be better.</p>

</p>

They've got Dahlbeck ready to come up and be a Hjammer 2.0, and we'll see what shakes out with Johns.</p>

</p>

Long story short, the Hawks will have options on the blue line with or without Oduya.</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Forklift" data-cid="224339" data-time="1395855606">
<div>

My crystal ball (you should get one - they're a great conversation piece, but I digress) tells me that you might see Hjalmarsson up with Keith next season, and Seabrook with Leddy. I think Hjammer on the right point could work.</p>

</p>

Rundblad indeed looked brutal last night.</p>

</p>

Something in Clendening just doesn't pass my eye test, but I've been wrong before. Anyway, I'm guessing Fournier is going to be better.</p>

</p>

They've got Dahlbeck ready to come up and be a Hjammer 2.0, and we'll see what shakes out with Johns.</p>

</p>

Long story short, the Hawks will have options on the blue line with or without Oduya.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Seabs and Leddy work well. Keith and Hammer would depend on how well Hammer works on his off-hand. I think Hammer's better than most so that may not be dire--certainly not as bad as the abortion of Keith/Leddy.</p>

</p>

I think going forward handedness will come into play--our pipeline is choked full of LHDmen. We either ned to find one that can work reasonably on their off-hand (Hammer, Oduya), or we need a few better righties.  The drop-off between Seabrook and Rosie, Brookbank, Runblad, Johns, or Clendening is considerable.</p>

</p>

But I in general agree with the premise that Oduya is the expendible one.  I think the question is not if, but when. :)</p>

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="224304" data-time="1395847092">
<div>

I thought Rundblad was bad last night.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

His ice time was around 5 minutes, so aboot 8 shifts.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BHP" data-cid="224343" data-time="1395860595">
<div>

His ice time was around 5 minutes, so aboot 8 shifts.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

BECAUSE HE WAS HORRIBLE... haha</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Yeah, he got caught twice in the 1st period with bad pinches, one led to Crawford having to make a bail out save on the break away and the other resulted in a 2 on 1 I think. His 8 shifts were brutal to watch.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="224349" data-time="1395862522">
<div>

Yeah, he got caught twice in the 1st period with bad pinches, one led to Crawford having to make a bail out save on the break away and the other resulted in a 2 on 1 I think. His 8 shifts were brutal to watch.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

He must have been up late with Q's Daughters.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
You know... we joke a lot about that, but I don't even know if he has daughters? I assume he does because that's where the rumors started but I guess I never really thought to think of them as real people, hah.</p>

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I remember seeing a blurb on Comcast sports channel in Q's home and it showed 2, seemed like high school aged daughters both very attractive.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
Well I would hope they try to and give him some more playing time to find out seeing as they gave up a 2nd round pick for him.</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Spunky Porkstacker" data-cid="224360" data-time="1395866040">
<div>

I remember seeing a blurb on Comcast sports channel in Q's home and it showed 2, seemed like high school aged daughters both very attractive.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Yeah, it was on NHL 36.  Realistically I seriously think any player would hook up with his daughters even if they were legal (sometimes Q has that look on his face that he will rip out your lungs and use them as toilet paper, and I don't think any of the players would want to encur that wrath), but it's still a implausible situation that could be applied in jest as to why someone was in his doghouse.</p>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="224379" data-time="1395869569">
<div>

Well I would hope they try to and give him some more playing time to find out seeing as they gave up a 2nd round pick for him.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

In Runblads's 3 games for us that I remember him playing, 2 he was completely invisible (which is not a bad thing), and last night where he was abyssimal.</p>

</p>

I'm sure like Rosie or Brookbank he'll be usable in the #6 position--after al, there've been game this year where every D-man we have has looked as bad--if not worse.</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Thought it was a stretch giving up a second rounder for him, but who knows. He obviously needs NHL time, but the Hawks don't really have the season to be bringing him along like an Islanders or Sabres do.