Hawks Broadcaster Tryout Thread

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Like Savoir Faire between periods last night. If there's one dude I'd like to meet, it's him; just seems like a super-friendly person. Wish they'd just put him in the booth instead of Caley.

Last night, during a delayed penalty on the Hawks in the first, Vosters thought the Ducks intentionally pulled their goalie (since there was only 10 seconds left in the period). This is our announcer.

Last night was nails on a chalk board. It's one of those things that a mute button is glorious. I would almost welcome the opposing teams feed. It's sad to see the shape of the announcing in town now, Hawks booth is horrible, White Sox just ran off one of the best in the biz, Cubs well... most people don't even have marquee, all we have left is Adam and Stacy with the bulls because the bears suck so hard they never really get the A teams anymore. (to me most NFL announcer pairings are basically the same unless somehow you're forced to listen to Gus Johnson.)

All the hawks had to do was move the radio guys to the broadcast booth and it would have been settled.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Last night was nails on a chalk board. It's one of those things that a mute button is glorious. I would almost welcome the opposing teams feed. It's sad to see the shape of the announcing in town now, Hawks booth is horrible, White Sox just ran off one of the best in the biz, Cubs well... most people don't even have marquee, all we have left is Adam and Stacy with the bulls because the bears suck so hard they never really get the A teams anymore. (to me most NFL announcer pairings are basically the same unless somehow you're forced to listen to Gus Johnson.)

All the hawks had to do was move the radio guys to the broadcast booth and it would have been settled.
Completely agree with the bolded.

Shame about Granato, best wishes to him.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Nice seeing Bickell in the pre-game. I didn't watch the Hawk Cast with him, because the first time I watched that, it was extremely stupid; but he was good with Boyle.