Hicks is likely back with Bears, Brad Biggs reports

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Everyone knew (cept a few in this thread, ooops) when 2018 didn't work out and how the salary cap works in the NFL the window would eventually be closing (age, contracts, cap crunch).

Pace needs to hit on some impact players in this draft.
Lmao it grows by avg 10m a year since 2015

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
love hicks, but rather have fuller
I think most would prefer that but the truth is both need to be replaced.

Nichols needs to step into Hicks role.

JJ needs to step into Fuller’s role.

Vildor/Trufant/draft pick need to step into JJ’s role.

The D is going to take another step back this year more than likely but they are old and need a reset.

All of this would be a lot palatable if there was any hope of the offense being decent.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
And he might have gotten the money he was looking for where he a linebacker and not a cornerback. unfortunately for him and you, GMs are looking for a different kind of skill set from their cornerbacks instead of linebacker tendencies.

Which is why he got signed 30 minutes after being cut...SMDH.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Hicks was the better option to cut. Maybe it wouldn’t have saved as much but Hicks and another player...hem....Graham, gets the job done and they still have Fuller on the roster.

I agree that if one of Fuller or Hicks needed to go it would of been Hicks for me. Pace went with which saved more money so can't hate him for that with how badly we needed to create extra cap space.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Everyone seems to forget that the biggest jump in production for any NFL player happens from year 1 to 2 .... so expect JJ to be the #1 stud CB next year.... I also fully expect Pace to get another solid CB in FA and draft one and add him to the Trufant Vildor mix and let the best player start opposite JJ .... Shelley will start in the slot

JJ was good to start his career in his first 4-5 games but i kept bringing it up after many games that he was getting beat a lot but on some of those instances the QB simply missed his wide open WR so it was tossed aside by some on here when i brought it up. He still showed out very well for a 2nd round rookie though so i can overlook all that going into year two and hope he gets better. I just hope they don't try switching him to the left side to take Fuller's spot cause he played on the right side in college and for us last year and i do think that stuff matters with a lot of players, not all of them but many of them. Then of course we have to worry about that shoulder injury that was a problem for him in college and now last year for us and they decided to not get surgery on it.

Last edited:

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pressure up front makes average corners look better than they are.

Hicks was the right choice imo

sure, thats true. and in a vacuum you take the dominant DL 9 times out of 10.

but this isn't a vacuum and availability matters. I love Hicks, but I think putting money on his health is a bad bet compared to fuller

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
sure, thats true. and in a vacuum you take the dominant DL 9 times out of 10.

but this isn't a vacuum and availability matters. I love Hicks, but I think putting money on his health is a bad bet compared to fuller

Yeah but Hicks is a one year commitment at this point. Fuller would have had to sign an extention so you're betting on him at multiple years at that point.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
did he get signed for the money he would have gotten had he stayed with the Bears stupid?

Speaking of stupid, i think you need to stop sniffing your own farts and maybe you'd realize this pandemic thing has kinda taken control of the cap and what most players are getting paid this offseason you fucking moron.

Why don't you go make another thread about how L.Holmes somehow knows what our whole locker room is thinking cause he saw a tweet from E.Jackson...LOL.

:what: