Hicks' Roughing the Passer Penalty

lbeattie820

Liked Posts:
That was such a bullshit call. What was he supposed to do? The ref's need to be better than that and see what's happening in the play. Makes me want to not watch the NFL. But the Bears are for real so I F#$%^&g have to watch.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
That was such a bullshit call. What was he supposed to do? The ref's need to be better than that and see what's happening in the play. Makes me want to not watch the NFL. But the Bears are for real so I F#$%^&g have to watch.

:bearbang: :bearbang:

:bearbang: :bearbang:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Not sure how any of us Bears fans can complain about that one after what we saw in the Arizona game earlier this season.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Unnecessary to call that given the situation. The penalty was far too severe for the crime.

That being said, it was avoidable, and we need to anticipate the roughing calls.

And, I agree, we have certainly benefited from some that were not egregious roughing of the QB.

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
I was pissed it happened because of the situation, but I can see why it was called. Ball was out of his hand, Hicks wrapped him up and pulled him down backwards. I've seen far tamer RTP calls.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Homers.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He wrapped Kurt up and then slammed him to the ground. He could have very easily not done that. Heat of the moment and all that jazz but those are the types of plays the NFL are trying to avoid.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
The Vikings defense came out of halftime ready to play dirty. They missed the helmet to helmet on a defenseless WR against Miller, but they called 2 OOB late hits, and called unnecessary roughness on Harrison Smith. It evened out... The PI call with feet getting tangled was soft as hell, but that shit happens.

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
Nah, the refs are gonna call that almost every time. I know Cousins was throwing mid tackle and there's not much to be done there, but that's just the way the league is heading and the D just needs to adjust. I still think throughout the season, they've done a great job not getting RTP penalties overall.

What was actually BS though was the PI call on Roquan when the TE just tripped over his feet. That play basically handed the Vikings a free TD and made it way closer than it should have been. But then again, the O should have been able to put it away much earlier given how much of the game was dominated by the Bears. They need to learn to finish up those drives and get some more points on the board. Also, fuck the 4th Q prevent D nonsense.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
With what has been called this season it is certainly in the realm of being a legit call. He slammed him down after he wrapped him up...players just have to get used to it.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't get how you guys would white knight for these refs SMH.

They literally tried to put the Vikes in the game so many times and the bears overcame it but still, Bears fans siding with the Refs when this should have been a blowout!!!! Da actual ****?????

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
There have been a few QBs suffered injured shoulders (Rodgers for example) from tackles like that. Many won't like it because they'll feel that its taking the physicality out of the game, but the idea is to try to keep the guys everyone pays to watch healthy. This is the type of tackle that can cause a shoulder injury and on current standards it was the right call - he slammed him down at the end.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
He wrapped Kurt up and then slammed him to the ground. He could have very easily not done that. Heat of the moment and all that jazz but those are the types of plays the NFL are trying to avoid.

Exaclty. Unfortunately, Hicks has a little history or getting a bit to amped up. But that's how he plays.

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
I don't get how you guys would white knight for these refs SMH.

They literally tried to put the Vikes in the game so many times and the bears overcame it but still, Bears fans siding with the Refs when this should have been a blowout!!!! Da actual ****?????

Sign of the times. Can't bring a QB down like that after the ball's already been released. Sucks, but it is how it is.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Nah, the refs are gonna call that almost every time. I know Cousins was throwing mid tackle and there's not much to be done there, but that's just the way the league is heading and the D just needs to adjust. I still think throughout the season, they've done a great job not getting RTP penalties overall.

What was actually BS though was the PI call on Roquan when the TE just tripped over his feet. That play basically handed the Vikings a free TD and made it way closer than it should have been. But then again, the O should have been able to put it away much earlier given how much of the game was dominated by the Bears. They need to learn to finish up those drives and get some more points on the board. Also, fuck the 4th Q prevent D nonsense.

That PI on Roquan was the worst call imo. And it was on 3rd down I believe.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
It was a total BS call.

The NFL wants to extend games. Any possible call against the defense is going to be called when the other team is down two scores. It is just how it is.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
I actually thought it was consistent to what has been being called all year. The ones Clay Matthews were called for were far less. Hicks clearly slammed him. We got a tricky tack call on their LB for waving his hand at our sideline, so I wasn't bitching.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
In this era of the NFL it was the right call. I hate the new rules but IMO it was applied correctly here.