Hicks' Roughing the Passer Penalty

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It was a total BS call.

The NFL wants to extend games. Any possible call against the defense is going to be called when the other team is down two scores. It is just how it is.

Yup. Really takes away from enjoying a dominating D

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That was such a bullshit call. What was he supposed to do? The ref's need to be better than that and see what's happening in the play. Makes me want to not watch the NFL. But the Bears are for real so I F#$%^&g have to watch.

Umm he could have just let him go. Thought it was a weak penalty but let's not pretend like he didn't know the ball was gone and that he had to throw him to the ground.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Umm he could have just let him go. Thought it was a weak penalty but let's not pretend like he didn't know the ball was gone and that he had to throw him to the ground.

He literally used his belly to allow Kurt to be cushioned instead of rekting him by flopping on top of him. It was a weak-ass call and pathetic attempt to keep the Vikes in the game. SMH!

discplayer

Liked Posts:
He wrapped Kurt up and then slammed him to the ground. He could have very easily not done that. Heat of the moment and all that jazz but those are the types of plays the NFL are trying to avoid.

This. Hawk is right on. He knew the ball was out and could have put him down without body slamming him, especially for a vet who knows the league and its refs are actively protecting players' safety, QB's most of all.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He literally used his belly to allow Kurt to be cushioned instead of rekting him by flopping on top of him.

1000% this!

Nicks pulled off the kind of corkscrew flip that is usually reserved for Olympic Divers just so he could land on his own back with the QB resting comfortably on that hundred pound gut like it was a heated waterbed.

Roughing the passer?!?

More like comforting the passer...amirite?!?!?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
1000% this!

Nicks pulled off the kind of corkscrew flip that is usually reserved for Olympic Divers just so he could land on his own back with the QB resting comfortably on that hundred pound gut like it was a heated waterbed.

Roughing the passer?!?

SRSLY

I mean, I don't get these "Bears" "fans" who don't see this sort of thing as a direct assault on the classic style of Bears football and even take it a step further and side with the REFS???? It's basically showing how little respect there is for the Bears history and traditions of having a D that plays with aggression. It's not like Hicks went all "butkus" on Cousins, he literally pulled punches and still gets a flag. SMH

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Referees are a scourge on western civilization.

Mikeropod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Its crap. There were two blatant leading with the helmet hits (one on Cohen as went for the 1st down over the middle and one on Trubisky, when Harrison Smith casually popped him late). Neither was giving the additional targeting penalty they deserved. Smith should've been tossed, that was what they were doing in the preseason!

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The call on Roquan was worse. But I didn't agree with the call against Hicks either.

We still won. Fuck everyone but us!

jc456

Liked Posts:
Its crap. There were two blatant leading with the helmet hits (one on Cohen as went for the 1st down over the middle and one on Trubisky, when Harrison Smith casually popped him late). Neither was giving the additional targeting penalty they deserved. Smith should've been tossed, that was what they were doing in the preseason!

the anthony Miller hit was helmet to helmet 4th qtr 9:35 left. he got up acting like he lost his mind.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-...y-Miller-somehow-holds-on-to-a-big-time-catch

Monster

Liked Posts:
The call on Smith bothered me the most... That TD drive was over.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The call on Smith bothered me the most... That TD drive was over.

Taking a game from a ten point lead to an eight point lead due to that soft takedown was way too severe a penalty.

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
1000% this!

Roughing the passer?!?

At some point this league is going to have to remember they play tackle football and they can only protect guys so much without destroying the integrity of the game.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don't get how you guys would white knight for these refs SMH.

They literally tried to put the Vikes in the game so many times and the bears overcame it but still, Bears fans siding with the Refs when this should have been a blowout!!!! Da actual ****?????

I will never understand how somebody couldn't understand the rules of the game that have been set by the NFL since the beginning of the league year with a clear understanding of what is acceptable and what isn't.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

I never before expected you to be a bigger fan of the refs than the bears. SMH. @hawkbear, I get that. He's from IOWA. Probably just a cornball move to come across as "edgy." But Baba??? You actually back the refs over Hicks????

jc456

Liked Posts:
I will never understand how somebody couldn't understand the rules of the game that have been set by the NFL since the beginning of the league year with a clear understanding of what is acceptable and what isn't.

Well then the folks announcing the games don't know the rules. wow.

Cause Chris Collinsworth said it was a clean hit. So you're saying he doesn't know what is acceptable rules of the game that have been set by the NFL since the beginning of the league year?

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Well then the folks announcing the games don't know the rules. wow.

Cause Chris Collinsworth said it was a clean hit. So you're saying he doesn't know what is acceptable rules of the game that have been set by the NFL since the beginning of the league year?

Chris Collinsworth is not a ref, I would bet a ref knows the rules better than he does