Hicks' Roughing the Passer Penalty

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Well then the folks announcing the games don't know the rules. wow.

Cause Chris Collinsworth said it was a clean hit. So you're saying he doesn't know what is acceptable rules of the game that have been set by the NFL since the beginning of the league year?

It was a clean hit. But after he hit him he threw him to the ground like a rag doll. Are you freaking blind?!

FY @HeHatMe

mrc23

Liked Posts:
Chris Collinsworth is not a ref, I would bet a ref knows the rules better than he does

Terry McAulay chimed in on the telecast and said it shouldn't have been a penalty. He's worked six conference championships and three super bowls, and he just joined NBC this year. I think he knows the rules.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What is a hehatme? Wearing someone like a hat?

fatkid73

Liked Posts:
It was a clean hit. But after he hit him he threw him to the ground like a rag doll. Are you freaking blind?!

FY @HeHatMe

I agree with this. He did seem to give a little extra when he threw him down. I hate to say it, but I think they could have called roughing on his other sack earlier in the game as well. He landed on Cousins with all of his body weight. Based on the current rules, I think we got away with one there. The QB protection rules do suck, but they are what they are. Owners are going to continue to vote for every rule that protects their biggest investmemt.

Mikeropod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Mikeropod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I will never understand how somebody couldn't understand the rules of the game that have been set by the NFL since the beginning of the league year with a clear understanding of what is acceptable and what isn't.

But they ain't calling the helmet-to-helmet targeting like the preseason. I find that pivot infuriating. If yer gonna pick a rule, play it out for the whole season.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
he finished the play. see post #43.

That guys opinion and your opinion are very irrelevant here. The play was unnecessary and the refs thought so too.