Hit Rate on 1st Round Picks

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Its cause DB's can no longer play defense. WR is much easier to play than it was 10-15 years ago.
So go ahead and describe a fair way for DBs to play defense according to the rules you want to see BOOMER

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
WTF??? No, a big extension means he did NOT leave.

Put the bong down.
Well, you can get traded and extend with another team… there are numerous examples of that in this thread already. That would mean you weren’t a bust. Bears did it with Sweat. The primary point is that not being on the same team doesn’t necessarily mean you’re a bust. I also wanted to add or a big contract period, not just an extension.

Last edited:

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He wasn’t and he’s had a damn good NFL career which includes winning a ring.
He was expected to be a 10-12 sack a season guy. He was expected to fix the pass rush. He didn't. He was a good all around player and a good compliment to other edge rushers but he was meant to be THE GUY. He was not that in Chicago. He absolutely has had a good career but that doesn't mean he was not what the Bears drafted him to be. Both are true.

He's had a good career and also not been what the Bears wanted him to be.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He was expected to be a 10-12 sack a season guy. He was expected to fix the pass rush. He didn't. He was a good all around player and a good compliment to other edge rushers but he was meant to be THE GUY. He was not that in Chicago. He absolutely has had a good career but that doesn't mean he was not what the Bears drafted him to be. Both are true.

He's had a good career and also not been what the Bears wanted him to be.
In other words, he was a miss for the Bears. It was a shitty draft in 2016 too.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I’d also point out that Reuben Foster would be considered a miss here. He may have been based on play, but not based on this criteria.

If I could run away fast enough, I’d say Kevin White is in the Foster category as well.

UChiLAbear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
That’s great. Means nothing though. He was brought on to rush the passer and he failed to rush the passer. Hence why he was allowed to walk with no compensation. Just another Pace turd. Common theme with Pace.

And as the normal MO for the Pace-setter...he traded up to get Floyd,,,,,,,,,but I wouldn't consider him a bust......the coaching staff failed him as they failed Justin Fields.......:smug2:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
And as the normal MO for the Pace-setter...he traded up to get Floyd,,,,,,,,,but I wouldn't consider him a bust......the coaching staff failed him as they failed Justin Fields.......:smug2:
I really think Floyd was more of a victim of being in a shitty draft. I remember reading that in most drafts he wouldn’t have been drafted in the 1st round. Most analysts considered the 2016 draft to be a weak draft going into it.