Liked Posts:
One moment...still contemplating Ejax=Lester

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
One more moment. ...Cubs 2-5 deepest team in mlb....hmmmm....:lol:

theberserkfury

Liked Posts:
Brett has been shown multiple sources in multiple cases concerning the recent shift in the balance of pitching and hitting... if several impartial (read: not Cubs fans) writers can't convince him with logic/facts/evidence, it probably isn't worth your time discussing it with him.

Well, it's not worth anyone's time discussing anything with brett since he offers nothing of substance on any subject that should be discussed on these boards... :)

Ignore him!

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
It does refute pitching wins, you just have to follow some links to previous articles.

http://grantland.com/features/mlb-detroit-tigers-oakland-as-rotations/

If you read in there it goes on to reference another two articles

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=18414

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?type=2&articleid=18414#123838

The whole point in investing in bats is that it isn't as risky. If we invested in pitchers, that would be a big risk.
Can you count cause I see more than one?

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
LOL @ the White Sox being a WC team if healthy. Their delusion is worse than most Cubs fans

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Brett has been shown multiple sources in multiple cases concerning the recent shift in the balance of pitching and hitting... if several impartial (read: not Cubs fans) writers can't convince him with logic/facts/evidence, it probably isn't worth your time discussing it with him.

Well, it's not worth anyone's time discussing anything with brett since he offers nothing of substance on any subject that should be discussed on these boards... :)

Ignore him!
Whatever helps you get thru life I guess. Here's some more straw for your man making.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Thinking otherwise says you aren;t pahying attention or you don't follow baseball

LOL definitely not. And the health card is the worst card in sports. Unless the other 29 or 31 teams in the league are 100% healthy it doesn't matter

The best players aren't injured on your team. If Sale and Abreu were on the DL for 3 months I'd understand where you are coming from

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
Given all the injuries you Bear Pride may wonder why the Cubs aren't mopping the floor of the Sox record wise. That would concern me more
Not yet. Future probably.

theberserkfury

Liked Posts:
What kool aid? Depth wise the Cubs are pretty stacked, where they lack is in TOR depth. I don't see how that is kool aid.

Haven't you heard? There is literally no objective way to praise the Cubs because they categorically suck and to suggest otherwise betrays your own blatant biases.

:nope:

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Haven't you heard? There is literally no objective way to praise the Cubs because they categorically suck and to suggest otherwise betrays your own blatant biases.

:nope:
Coming from the one who couldn't ever be objective or critical of the Cubs...:lol:

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
What kool aid? Depth wise the Cubs are pretty stacked, where they lack is in TOR depth. I don't see how that is kool aid.
Not in pitching they aren't. Please take some realism when you say things

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
LOL definitely not. And the health card is the worst card in sports. Unless the other 29 or 31 teams in the league are 100% healthy it doesn't matter

The best players aren't injured on your team. If Sale and Abreu were on the DL for 3 months I'd understand where you are coming from
Yes they are
Sale abreu avi lindstrom jones etc etc etc

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Thinking otherwise says you aren;t pahying attention or you don't follow baseball
Honest question here..

Future wise what do the sox have going for them ?

Position player wise after jose Abreu who else they got going forward ? Adam Eaton ?

Pitching wise what do they have after Chris Sales ? Quintana ?

Think the sox have some problems going forward

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Not in pitching they aren't. Please take some realism when you say things

Realism? That is not being very objective. I would prefer to use stats and facts.

The empirical data shows that we have about 10 major league ready pitchers in AAA and the MLB level. If that is not pitching depth for non-TOR guys then please explain to me the number of pitchers needed to quality as depth.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Honest question here..

Future wise what do the sox have going for them ?

Position player wise after jose Abreu who else they got going forward ? Adam Eaton ?

Pitching wise what do they have after Chris Sales ? Quintana ?

Think the sox have some problems going forward
We have some challenges no doubt

So lets break it down. ..

Abreu is set at first
Johnson is going to be the second sacker and leadoff/#2 guy
SS for now is by Alexei and for 2015/16 we have solid candidates in Garcia Semien Sanchez and Anderson
Conor is at 3b w Davidsn a possibility

Lf is a problem. Viciedo just isn't enough
Cf Eaton
Rf Avisail as a 25 hr 15 sb guy

C is a problem but Nieto might grow into it. We've been rumored to get Weiters on and off

Wilkins is our power guy that gets the first shot at dh imo

Sale Quintana are studs. Danks is a nice five possible 4. Two starters are need from our reclimation projects or Rienzo/Johnson/rodon

Bullpen needs work

No reason if reasonably healthy the White Sox don't win 81+ in 2015

Back to you honestly....
Why would you not like that?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Realism? That is not being very objective. I would prefer to use stats and facts.

The empirical data shows that we have about 10 major league ready pitchers in AAA and the MLB level. If that is not pitching depth for non-TOR guys then please explain to me the number of pitchers needed to quality as depth.
Look at other teams...just look at the Sox for a team that has more...the Cubs are near the bottom in pitching. Even Theo said hitting is done and we're switching attention to pitching

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Look at other teams...just look at the Sox for a team that has more...the Cubs are near the bottom in pitching. Even Theo said hitting is done and we're switching attention to pitching

Why would I look at other teams? I am specifically talking about the Cubs players and players in their system. You're dodging now.