Hopefully fans are tired of this finally.

mecha

Liked Posts:
the ownership hire the kind of people they do because they want them to be subservient and just tow the party line. I've noted how every head coaching hire since forever with exception to Fox (because that was an extraordinary situation and he was only intended to be a stopgap anyway) have been first timers that had no head coaching experience previously. you get all the various warts that come along with those opportunities like not being able to handle gameday, not being able to keep players in line, or in the case of Nagy completely failing at the thing that the team hired you for because you want to pretend you know it all. the idea behind this is that if the coach doesn't work out you can just point out the fact they never did it before. then repeat the same mistake again. for all the praise Lovie Smith gets after falling off pretty fucking hard after the 2010 season, I will admit he was the closest thing we got to it being done right. his ineptitude in personnel usage on gameday (remember the dog house), offense, and in 2012 fielding some elite defense for a team that couldn't beat good teams, that's why he needed to go. the offensive-minded chucklefucks in Trestman and Nagy have a lot more in common than people would probably care to acknowledge, minus the ice cream, shower pictures, and recycle bins it's the same undisciplined bullshit.

I say all of this because you can open up all the web sites, put up all the billboards, revolt, whatever, it's not going to change how the McCaskey family conduct their business. I think all we got out of that was Cade McNown traded for a case of Gatorade. after they printed his face on tickets like he was the savior because he was a 1st round pick from UCLA.

at this juncture I think I would sell out and become a legitimate Chargers fan, or Cardinals. some team that's on the down and out that will actually hurt a lot less to watch. and I don't think their general managers throw shit at walls to see what sticks.

Nagy needs to be humbled by Iron Sheik; Pace needs to be accountable for past mistakes and stop trying to bury himself deeper trying not to own those mistakes.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I just bought 3 new Dalton jerseys from the team store!

OMG there are actually people who will buy Andy Dalton Bears jerseys aren't there? Can you imagine being that person? Rofl

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Probably the most change we could hope to produce would be the firing of Pace and Nagy, not the change of ownership that the Bears so desperately need. Still, it could be that a future combo of gm and coach could alleviate our pain and be competent enough to field competitive teams with pro quality QB’s, instead of the garbage we trot out year in and year out.

How to motivate that change? Well most Bear fans are not gonna stop watching or stop spending. The NFL is a machine and that type of movement would take massive amounts of organizing. One thing that drove change the last time around was how embarrassed ownership became because of the boo birds on national television. If there was a way to drive that spectacle on national tv every home game, then these guys will make changes....then we just wait to see what happens to Bears once Ginny passes, which is more than likely nothing.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
With all due respect...looks like you are the Special person here.... because you are telling fans not to buy merchandise and not waste time or money on the Bears and yet you spend all your time posting on a message board created just for that franchise because it probably makes you feel accomplished in life since the rest of your life sucks.....

Not to mention, most of the NFL team revenues come from TV contracts, PSLs etc .... things that in a market like Chicago will always sell like hot cake .... does not matter what the Bears do, they will always be packed with fans....
So on top of not being able to count to five, you also don’t know how to read. I didn’t find anything insulting in your post, outside of your name which I’ve been begging you to change since the first time I’ve seen you post.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
LoL

The only fans that would have any real pull are the Season Ticket Holders and all of the wanna bes behind them.

If every STH burned their tickets and everyone on that 15 year waiting list dropped out before the 2021 season started...you would have the McCaskeys attention.

Not signing up for the NFL Season Pass or holding off on buying a Jaylon Johnson jersey is not even a blip on the radar.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
The only thing fans need to do is to stop wrapping up so much of their own happiness and well being into how a fucking football team performs. If you like watching football and you like the Bears cause they're you're hometown team then watch them, spend money on them if you want and get whatever enjoyment from them you want. If it stops being enjoyable then indeed, stop watching and stop spending money on them. It's really that simple.

mecha

Liked Posts:
The only thing fans need to do is to stop wrapping up so much of their own happiness and well being into how a fucking football team performs. If you like watching football and you like the Bears cause they're you're hometown team then watch them, spend money on them if you want and get whatever enjoyment from them you want. If it stops being enjoyable then indeed, stop watching and stop spending money on them. It's really that simple.

yes, the emotional attachment is pretty strange. I am passionate enough about the Chicago Bears, but stop at the part where what they do ruins my day. I witnessed the 90s Bears and all the cafeteria talk about how next level awful they are for many years, I can handle anything.

the contemporary Bears are nowhere near as bad as what they were during Wannstedt and Jauron. you want to know what fandom purgatory looks like? be a Browns or Bengals fan, or Lions. Raiders fans are still crying about the tuck rule game.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
yes, the emotional attachment is pretty strange. I am passionate enough about the Chicago Bears, but stop at the part where what they do ruins my day. I witnessed the 90s Bears and all the cafeteria talk about how next level awful they are for many years, I can handle anything.

the contemporary Bears are nowhere near as bad as what they were during Wannstedt and Jauron. you want to know what fandom purgatory looks like? be a Browns or Bengals fan, or Lions. Raiders fans are still crying about the tuck rule game.
Right. I moved away from Chicago because it sucks. I was nearly born and raised there (suburbs specifically, parents moved me there when I was less than 1 year old). The city pride thing is fine as long as it's consciously informed. Why is Chicago awesome? Because you grew up there isn't a valid reason. Because they have cool buildings, of which the vast majority you'll never even enter? Because they have good food and lots of bars to go get drunk at? Ok, is eating for pleasure and getting drunk on the reg advancing you as a person? There's nothing to do outside of man-made buildings and the weather sucks there for over half the year, so people have little more than materialism to keep them busy. They bury their heads in social media, news, TV/movies and (of course) sports to keeps themselves busy since there's not much else to do or really care about, and people need to have something to care about and be passionate about, right? Thus, it's really easy to wrap one's own well being in the well being of something one ultimately has no control of, and it's easier to just bitch and moan about it than to invest one's time and energy into finding something that one can do themselves and be in control of that fills that need for care and passion.

I say this not to insult, but as someone who has been there.

Last edited:

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
For me, can't speak for others, football isn't just about the Bears anymore. I'm in multiple FF leagues. Now I watch gameS. Yes Bears games are a must, but I usually have my head on a swivel at the sports bar. All of it in fun.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:

I respectfully disagree; we're at the same level of joke franchise as the Lions and Browns. I've only followed the Bears since 2006 but nothing since then has convinced me that Bears fans can look down their noses at Lions or Browns fans. Our franchise is every bit as sucky as theirs.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I respectfully disagree; we're at the same level of joke franchise as the Lions and Browns. I've only followed the Bears since 2006 but nothing since then has convinced me that Bears fans can look down their noses at Lions or Browns fans. Our franchise is every bit as sucky as theirs.
Not even close. The Bears are cyclically competitive, two conference championship appearances and a Super Bowl appearance in the last twenty years. Bears also make the playoffs semi-regularly, even the deliberate murder of the franchise by Phil Emery and Marc Trestman only resulted in a four year mini-dark age where the Bears were absolutely dreadful and not even in contention. Those four years are basically SNAFU for the Browns and Lions and this current era of Bears football with two playoff appearances and a division title in three years would be something of a golden age in Detroit or Cleveland by their standards.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I just think it’s funny that this is the moment so many of you melt down. Like this fan base has seen a lot worse! A LOT. ?

Tell me about it. this shit right now is nothing compared to what I saw during the Dave Wannestedt years. And I also know that people older than me tell me that what I saw even then isn't anything compared to what they lived through with Abe Gibron.

that's why I have to laugh. Even with the changes I believe the Bears are still an 8 and 8 team, which is not as bad as it could be.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Honestly, complaints about ownership don't really move the needle much unless the owner is a monster and it's a PR disaster based on racial or legal troubles.

To be clear, I think you are right, but only a small percentage of the fans really know the ownership structure let alone the names/people running things.

I bet there's a larger percentage of all franchises' fans that don't even know the GM's name, let alone have an opinion about them. Those fans typically start paying attention leading up to week 1.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
LoL

The only fans that would have any real pull are the Season Ticket Holders and all of the wanna bes behind them.

If every STH burned their tickets and everyone on that 15 year waiting list dropped out before the 2021 season started...you would have the McCaskeys attention.

Not signing up for the NFL Season Pass or holding off on buying a Jaylon Johnson jersey is not even a blip on the radar.
Well there u go. Then quit going to games,, leave stadium empty and hurt their pocket book. I'm not a financial guru...I personally won't buy their products....Im sure the get a percenatge of sales.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Honestly, complaints about ownership don't really move the needle much unless the owner is a monster and it's a PR disaster based on racial or legal troubles.

To be clear, I think you are right, but only a small percentage of the fans really know the ownership structure let alone the names/people running things.

I bet there's a larger percentage of all franchises' fans that don't even know the GM's name, let alone have an opinion about them. Those fans typically start paying attention leading up to week 1.

the casuals and CCS alike sound the exact same, "OMG THE QUARTERBACK!" leaving out: the inconsistency in running the ball (coaching), how poor the defense started out defending against the run (coaching, probably), how poor the entire defense was tackling (leaning towards coaching), the defense's complete lack of turnovers (definitely coaching), how the defense was always out of position and gave up monster 3rd and 4th downs (coaching for sure), offense had no reliable receiving target outside Robinson/Mooney showing flashes, offensive line giving up false start penalties, offensive line run blocking poorly, and for about 8-9 years, epic levels bad kicking.

but yes, tell me how acquiring any great quarterback solely will be the difference maker. there's a substantial amount of fuck to go around, and if anyone disagrees with what I said then you're lying, because you all said it too as 2020 went on.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I just think it’s funny that this is the moment so many of you melt down. Like this fan base has seen a lot worse! A LOT. ?

It's very obvious a lot of posters on this board were not around or too young to remember the mid to late 90's. What a fucking joke those years were.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LoL

I think 1/2 empty stands on game day is all that's required. Hey, they could wear paper bags with mom boobs for nostrils instead of masks.
1616483239139.png